Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #751
swkep87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 150867
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: ct
Vehicle:
2004 sti
graphite grey

Default


* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
swkep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #752
WhozNext
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265369
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
07 STI
SWP

Default

Both those subys look good.
WhozNext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #753
Mr. Nipples
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 181426
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Walnut Creek,CA
Vehicle:
2005 STi
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkep87 View Post
Went to the tuner evolution show


What wheels are those, and offset? They look sexy.

I was thinking of rolling with these---> http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-531-Wh...53181542n1.htm

They are 18x11 with a 20mm offset, I've read through this thread and the common thing is to look for a wheel 15mm and below, is 20mm gonna be to much and cause some issues? I apologize for my ignorance but I'm trying to double and triple check before I spend any serious cash.
Mr. Nipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #754
apetron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146874
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland
Vehicle:
07 STI Flared/E85
ETS GTX3576, 13 Forester

Default

18x11 is great to start with.

But you do want the offset lower. You could get those and run a 10mm spacer and be fine if you wanted.
apetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #755
STiled_04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210933
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetron View Post
Here are a few unused shots from my Super Street feature in the August 2013 issue.

Photos by Patrick Lauder
Looks amazing man. I'm running the charge speed rear aprons/spats also, did you just cut the bottom of the flare off in the rear to make it fit with them? If so did you fill the opening in the base of the flare left after cutting?
STiled_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #756
718blackwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 199076
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: brooklyn ny
Vehicle:
2006 "sti" limited
phoenix yellow metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nipples View Post

What wheels are those, and offset? They look sexy.

I was thinking of rolling with these---> http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-531-Wh...53181542n1.htm

They are 18x11 with a 20mm offset, I've read through this thread and the common thing is to look for a wheel 15mm and below, is 20mm gonna be to much and cause some issues? I apologize for my ignorance but I'm trying to double and triple check before I spend any serious cash.
I was waiting almost 6 months for those wheels and decided to cancel my order. Im going with enkies now
718blackwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #757
swkep87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 150867
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: ct
Vehicle:
2004 sti
graphite grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nipples View Post
What wheels are those, and offset? They look sexy.

I was thinking of rolling with these---> http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-531-Wh...53181542n1.htm

They are 18x11 with a 20mm offset, I've read through this thread and the common thing is to look for a wheel 15mm and below, is 20mm gonna be to much and cause some issues? I apologize for my ignorance but I'm trying to double and triple check before I spend any serious cash.
They r work meister s1r in 18X10.5 +15
swkep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #758
Supa LA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344540
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Louisville, KY
Vehicle:
2005 STi
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkep87 View Post
They r work meister s1r in 18X10.5 +15
AKA sexiest wheel ever designed. I WILL own a set one day. I absolutely <3 your car btw dude. Makes me want flares.
Supa LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #759
718blackwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 199076
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: brooklyn ny
Vehicle:
2006 "sti" limited
phoenix yellow metallic

Default

Depating whether I wanna go with enkie rpf1s in 18x10.5 +15 or nt03 18x10.5 +30 I will also be using 25mm spacers because they only come in 5x114 and my hubs are only 5x100 I already have 295/30 tires. So what do the gurus have to say as far as advice?
718blackwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #760
M4c0770
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225851
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL, USA & San Juan, PR
Vehicle:
07 Spec Wannabe
Limited in San Remo Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718blackwrx View Post
Depating whether I wanna go with enkie rpf1s in 18x10.5 +15 or nt03 18x10.5 +30 I will also be using 25mm spacers because they only come in 5x114 and my hubs are only 5x100 I already have 295/30 tires. So what do the gurus have to say as far as advice?
Nt03 will be ur best option w that offset & tire size 'cause u'll practically be at 18X11.5 and rpf1's will need almost -4 of camber to fit properly. There are some scarce 5*100 wheels that wide u can get.
M4c0770 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #761
apetron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146874
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland
Vehicle:
07 STI Flared/E85
ETS GTX3576, 13 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiled_04 View Post
Looks amazing man. I'm running the charge speed rear aprons/spats also, did you just cut the bottom of the flare off in the rear to make it fit with them? If so did you fill the opening in the base of the flare left after cutting?
Yea, I just cut the flares. There really isn't any visible opening. Looks totally normal.
apetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #762
STiled_04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210933
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetron View Post

Yea, I just cut the flares. There really isn't any visible opening. Looks totally normal.
Cool thanks. I hear a lot people saying they don't rub. My concern is the rear because that a common problem area. In the pics it looks like you have a finger/finger and half gap, no rubbing?
STiled_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:08 AM   #763
Dena
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134874
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default







Few newer shots of the WRX!
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #764
25rsti
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 166324
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Haverhill, MA
Vehicle:
3 turbos &n NA
@DBlockSTi

Default

So much win it's not even funny. She looks gorgeous!
25rsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #765
STiled_04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210933
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post

Few newer shots of the WRX!
NorCal? Warren creek road?
STiled_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #766
apetron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146874
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland
Vehicle:
07 STI Flared/E85
ETS GTX3576, 13 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiled_04 View Post
Cool thanks. I hear a lot people saying they don't rub. My concern is the rear because that a common problem area. In the pics it looks like you have a finger/finger and half gap, no rubbing?
No rubbing at all. There is nothing to rub on honestly. Everything has been cut off that would have rubbed.
apetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #767
Dena
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134874
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiled_04 View Post
NorCal? Warren creek road?
No sir! Maple Valley, Washington!
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #768
STiled_04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210933
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post

No sir! Maple Valley, Washington!
Ah gotcha lol. Man that roads looks identical to where I used to live in Humboldt. Especially the train trestle. Looks beautiful and I bet it's awesome driving up there. Sure beats the hot desert here.
STiled_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #769
STiled_04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210933
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetron View Post

No rubbing at all. There is nothing to rub on honestly. Everything has been cut off that would have rubbed.
Couple people I've spoke to said they rub on the under side of the rear door jam/fender. It's seems its a tight fit near the arching part, below the door latch. What areas did you cut? I've seen the post from T3hClap (or however it's spelled). Is that what you did, just the fender lip? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just questioning whether these are worth my time. I am extremely particular with aftermarket fitments. Lines have to be even, things can't rub or I don't sleep lol
STiled_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #770
Dena
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134874
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Oh yeah! Nice roads here
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #771
apetron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146874
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland
Vehicle:
07 STI Flared/E85
ETS GTX3576, 13 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiled_04 View Post
Couple people I've spoke to said they rub on the under side of the rear door jam/fender. It's seems its a tight fit near the arching part, below the door latch. What areas did you cut? I've seen the post from T3hClap (or however it's spelled). Is that what you did, just the fender lip? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just questioning whether these are worth my time. I am extremely particular with aftermarket fitments. Lines have to be even, things can't rub or I don't sleep lol
I basically cut from about 3" down on the rear bumper around the radius of the wheel well, and down to about 6" above the side skirt.

Total material cut off the actual rear is about 3 inches wide or so. Once the outer skin was cut off, the inner skin is cut into sections and folded up over the outer skin and bonded together. I then trimmed any excess and cleaned up the seam once it had cured.
apetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #772
C-Farm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280621
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
96 Impreza Outback Sport

Default

I have a question for all you guys running these flares. If you don't feel like sharing I completely understand, but what would you say is the average cost of adding these including new wheel setup and body work/paint? Very curious to see what the actual cost has been for some of you. Thanks!
C-Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #773
apetron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146874
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland
Vehicle:
07 STI Flared/E85
ETS GTX3576, 13 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Farm View Post
I have a question for all you guys running these flares. If you don't feel like sharing I completely understand, but what would you say is the average cost of adding these including new wheel setup and body work/paint? Very curious to see what the actual cost has been for some of you. Thanks!
Really depends on the wheels you go with.

Rough guess on total cost for me to just do the flares with painting them (I did the install myself) is about $1000.

Add my Advans and Tires into that and you are look at about $5000 roughly.
apetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #774
mhs5074
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184485
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC/Philly
Vehicle:
'06 STi AW
'08 FXT Sport 4EAT DGM

Default

Anybody know a good body shop that could pull these off in the Tri State area?
mhs5074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #775
STiled_04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210933
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Ive been looking at the Work CR Ultimate Concave 18x10.5 e22

$1000 was what I estimated it would cost to have them installed and painted.
STiled_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.