Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #51
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
'14 WW Evo X GSR
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

I'm pretty excited for this road course. Its great to finally have one nearby that's more accessible the LimeR or WG.

Already mentioned is the toll this will inevitably put on tires if they become bias to a single running direction. I hope to see clubs going CW and CCW to get as much tire life out of the season as possible.

That front stretch is pretty epic... the speed there will be no joke.

Running CW, the dogleg under heavy breaking heading into turn 1 will be interesting to say the least. Its hard to scale where the braking points will end up from the videos, so that transition into turn 1 might not be so bad.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #52
Georgethefierce
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 41713
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: www.angrypork.com
Vehicle:
. sprayfinishing
supplies.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
I'm pretty excited for this road course. Its great to finally have one nearby that's more accessible the LimeR or WG.

Already mentioned is the toll this will inevitably put on tires if they become bias to a single running direction. I hope to see clubs going CW and CCW to get as much tire life out of the season as possible.

That front stretch is pretty epic... the speed there will be no joke.

Running CW, the dogleg under heavy breaking heading into turn 1 will be interesting to say the least. Its hard to scale where the braking points will end up from the videos, so that transition into turn 1 might not be so bad.
there's no way they can run it the other way, pit in/out and grid don't lend itself to it.
Georgethefierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
Lxpony
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328845
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgethefierce View Post
there's no way they can run it the other way, pit in/out and grid don't lend itself to it.

Actually the way the course was set up it was done under consultation with Tony's Track Days and Tony intends to run it in both directions. TTD is a motorcycle track day organizer that I ride with.
Lxpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #54
Georgethefierce
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 41713
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: www.angrypork.com
Vehicle:
. sprayfinishing
supplies.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
Actually the way the course was set up it was done under consultation with Tony's Track Days and Tony intends to run it in both directions. TTD is a motorcycle track day organizer that I ride with.
they would know better than I would for sure, it was just explained to us that they had no plans to run it that way due to pit in/out....I am surely not an expert though!
Georgethefierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #55
Subieman02wrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342597
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

PUMPED 30mins max from my house and 15 mins from my girls parents house *winning* interested to see the pricing for a track day. What's average cost to get on the track for a similar style track?
Subieman02wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #56
Georgethefierce
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 41713
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: www.angrypork.com
Vehicle:
. sprayfinishing
supplies.com

Default

COM is $425(ish) for a two day event, expect Thompson to be similar.
Georgethefierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #57
delongedoug
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 124113
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: To infinity
Vehicle:
and beyond!

Default

NASA NE 2014 Schedule

April 4-6 NJMP Lightning Course
April 28-29 Watkins Glen, NY
May 16-18 NJMP Thunderbolt Course
June 20- 22 Thompson Speedway, CT
July 3- 5 Lime Rock Park, CT (Unmuffled)
July 19- 20 NJMP Lightning Course
Aug. 23- 24 Thompson Speedway, CT
Aug. 29- 31 Road Atlanta, NASA East Coast Championships
Sept. 26- 28 Watkins Glen, NY
Oct. 24- 26 NJMP Thunderbolt
delongedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #58
Georgethefierce
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 41713
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: www.angrypork.com
Vehicle:
. sprayfinishing
supplies.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delongedoug View Post
NASA NE 2014 Schedule

April 4-6 NJMP Lightning Course
April 28-29 Watkins Glen, NY
May 16-18 NJMP Thunderbolt Course
June 20- 22 Thompson Speedway, CT
July 3- 5 Lime Rock Park, CT (Unmuffled)
July 19- 20 NJMP Lightning Course
Aug. 23- 24 Thompson Speedway, CT
Aug. 29- 31 Road Atlanta, NASA East Coast Championships
Sept. 26- 28 Watkins Glen, NY
Oct. 24- 26 NJMP Thunderbolt
nice....time to get a NASA license!
Georgethefierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #59
delongedoug
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 124113
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: To infinity
Vehicle:
and beyond!

Default

I started with NASA but haven't run with them for years, partly due to me not wanting to travel too far without a trailer and partly because the close track (Lime Rock) are a bunch of donkeys about noise, cost and have no facilities.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot about the horrible drainage and flooding.

Last edited by delongedoug; 11-24-2013 at 09:05 PM.
delongedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #60
skimobile
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92114
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Westerly, RI
Vehicle:
03 WRX (Neon Blue)
in"Special Ed." Run Group

Default

According to THompson's website, completion/opening is scheduled for June, 2014 so NASA will be one of the 1st clubs to run on this new track.
http://www.thompsonspeedway.com
skimobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.