Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #26
albanhaj
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342487
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lodi Nj
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Matte White

Default

okay i obviously know there is damage but you guys are overdoing the damage I am a driver not a mechanic but still you guys assume the worst plus i just check the valves that connect to the Crawford oil seperater and there wet with oil just replaced. yeah was a blown engine cars running great now hahahaha you guys really know your stuff thanks anyways
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
albanhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #27
bboylocob
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 151809
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Orleans
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
okay i obviously know there is damage but you guys are overdoing the damage I am a driver not a mechanic but still you guys assume the worst plus i just check the valves that connect to the Crawford oil seperater and there wet with oil just replaced. yeah was a blown engine cars running great now hahahaha you guys really know your stuff thanks anyways
Haha ok dude u better hope there was still enough to not cause damage. Lol

1st always assume the worst and hope for the best
2nd u still probl. Have damage that will call for alot of work.
3rd that much oil should not becoming out of ur aos. Keep a look out.
bboylocob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #28
stephens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124581
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

I vote that you fill it with oil (even though you have not told us what oil you are using) and hit boost in third and fourth gear.

It will clear up all of your oil burning problems guaranteed.
stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #29
tuzzio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292532
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southwick, Ma
Vehicle:
05 STI
PSM

Default

...Did you check your drain plug in the oil pan?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #30
wrx1392
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342331
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: tehachapi Ca.
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
blue

Default

if it runs ok it could be a seal in the turbo ...all the oil leaks out and makes smoke come out the pipe .or it could be crushed ring lands and big damage.
wrx1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #31
tibug
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273906
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: deRpression hurts
Vehicle:
2003 brokeback
wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
i didn't change the oil on it a shop did, i don't think you guys understand fact that car was never driven without oil. car just had a fresh oil change but its recently burning it all. i need is why its being burnt.
I don't think you understand that if the car has a problem that results in excessive oil consumption, then it is very possible that you drove the car with insufficient oil in the crankcase and caused further damage to the engine. One problem leads to another. You can't be certain that other internal damage to the engine was not done.
tibug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #32
WRXSteye20008
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175565
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lancaster, PA
Vehicle:
2014 Sport Premium
Past: 351awhp Sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
Oh and a piston ring repair will only cost me about 600 to 800 bucks not to bad hopefully not thought and it just worn valves.
This would be you. You are getting excessive blow by from a ringland and a lot more. Your car will run fine, with a ringland failure, mine did until it sucked oil like crazy. I stopped driving the car and rebuilt the engine and sure enough that was the issue, you are past that point. I am glad you are trying to think positive, but you will come to realize we are right. If the sound of your engine was not the first indication that something was wrong, you should not own anything that has an engine in it. No one opens a Subaru engine and just repairs rings. 800 bucks, try $3,000+ You are WAYYYYYY past that point hoss. I sub'd to this thread for the entertainment as you see to not really be listening the the advice we are offering you. Best of luck.

WRXSteye20008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #33
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
Okay so the other day my 2002 wrx with a 06 Sti engine started smoking a lot from the exhaust and turned off. I got the car home and saw no oil on the dip stick. All my oil was burnt as soon as I added some oil into the car started right up but burns the oil like crazy. not sure exactly why. What could it be?? I the car doesn't seem okay to drive because the oil is burning pretty quickly and not sure why. Also smoke is coming from the valve that connected the crawsford oil seperator. not exactly sure what the problem could be. Any ideas ?

Here's a video of the car idling watch whole thing
Subaru sti 2.5l burns oil fast - YouTube


Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
i didn't change the oil on it a shop did, i don't think you guys understand fact that car was never driven without oil. car just had a fresh oil change but its recently burning it all. i need is why its being burnt. and its technically only the first engine since the other one was perfectly fine but it was the 2.0 wrx engine. the car just got a oil change 200 miles ago. I understand your point you think the engine is "blown"if it is i don't care my question is what do you think caused it or what else it could be besides blown engine... do you guys only assume the worst on here or something? im amusing the turbo seals and you guys assume a blown engine when it has less then 15,000 miles on it regardless on how much it was beaten on and the car only has 44xxx miles on it... .

now...one dont match the other
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #34
tuzzio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292532
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southwick, Ma
Vehicle:
05 STI
PSM

Default

OP = OPie
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
albanhaj
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342487
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lodi Nj
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Matte White

Default

i use 10/40 oil in winter and 20/50 oil in summer non synthetic. I have my friend specializes in subarus checking out car for any internal damage today hoping for the best!
albanhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #36
tuzzio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292532
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southwick, Ma
Vehicle:
05 STI
PSM

Default

I thought you said it was fine yesterday?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #37
corvallisbattery
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333030
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
'05 WRX
PSM

Default

Uncle Scotty.... if your gonna lay into anyone this is the guy to do it to! Can't believe you've kept a bite on your tongue this long!!! Come on.. just this one last time...for ol time sakes
corvallisbattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #38
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
i use 10/40 oil in winter and 20/50 oil in summer non synthetic. I have my friend specializes in subarus checking out car for any internal damage today hoping for the best!


d0000000000000d

just get a gallon of gas and a match and pour the gas on the car and light it up

that would be a better end for it than have you drive it again
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #39
DavC825
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201736
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Prince George's County
Vehicle:
12 IS-F
07 Sti

Default

My head hurts....Sorry brain cells.
DavC825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #40
albanhaj
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342487
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lodi Nj
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Matte White

Default

The car is fine just need make sure nothing else is damaged and its perfect
albanhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #41
drivin blind
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73043
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Carson City, Michigan
Vehicle:
2011 STI/2010 370Z
Black/Black Cherry

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
The car is fine just need make sure nothing else is damaged and its perfect
What makes you say this? Did it all of a sudden quit burning oil?
drivin blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #42
Decipher
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262760
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lake in the Hills, ILLnoise
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch Limtd
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanhaj View Post
The car is fine just need make sure nothing else is damaged and its perfect
Trolls be trollin'.

Why don't you understand this? You've come to this site asking for help. You get very thorough and knowledgeable responses from people who clearly know what they're talking about. You throw all of it aside and assume your car is fine, even though you destroy the very sense of common knowledge by running your car with known oil starvation. I just don't get it. You must be trollin.
Decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #43
GrumpyPitbull
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313311
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post

Trolls be trollin'.

Why don't you understand this? You've come to this site asking for help. You get very thorough and knowledgeable responses from people who clearly know what they're talking about. You throw all of it aside and assume your car is fine, even though you destroy the very sense of common knowledge by running your car with known oil starvation. I just don't get it. You must be trollin.
I've seen this a lot here recently. New guy asks for advice, and receives good advice .... Then proceeds to completely disregard the advice and do the opposite of what was advised.
GrumpyPitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #44
albanhaj
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342487
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lodi Nj
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Matte White

Default

yeah you guys gave me advice thanks but your advice was wrong my engine isn't blown and is perfectly fine, this is what happened exactly since you guys probably didn't understand me. Oil separator went, oil got into turbo and piping and inter-cooler, it all got cleaned out along with turbo and i replaced the oil separator. Nothing was damaged at all as you guys claimed i had a blown engine. Only reason i came onto here was to see what other possible reasons this problem could happen. the engine and turbo are perfectly fine. thumbs up for a very well built car because if it wasn't this car would of been a goner. thanks anyways guys sorry for misunderstanding. Good Luck and may your Subies last forever
albanhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #45
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

just wait.......it WILL blow up
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.