Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #101
Matt_H
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 107000
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bristow, VA
Vehicle:
2008 STI <3 TXS and
Andrewtech

Default

Anyone going to the game tonight?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #102
mhoerath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131379
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: richmond, va
Vehicle:
2003 354 ftlb@3k rpm
justablue hatch

Default

caps vs. pens on TU. any predictions?



pens win streak at 9 and allowed 5 goals over last 5 games. Hope malkin and letang come back soon.
mhoerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #103
butterflyx3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293345
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
WRB

Default

Is anyone going to the April 16th caps game against the maple leads?
butterflyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #104
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

I have tix for that game, might not be able to make it tho
carnz-pj-410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #105
ej20wagonkid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146197
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Default

5-1 Pens, just going by how the 2 teams have been playing as of late.
ej20wagonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #106
mhoerath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131379
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: richmond, va
Vehicle:
2003 354 ftlb@3k rpm
justablue hatch

Default

Pens win 10th in a row.

great article in washington post about #8...$128 mm and 13 year contract?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...239_story.html
mhoerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #107
butterflyx3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293345
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnz-pj-410 View Post
I have tix for that game, might not be able to make it tho
Awh :\ was hoping more people would go so we could all have a cruise to the stadium!
butterflyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #108
mhoerath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131379
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: richmond, va
Vehicle:
2003 354 ftlb@3k rpm
justablue hatch

Default

any bets 14 in a row?
fyi all time 17 wins in a row held by 93-94 mario led Pans.

Pens also makes big trades to load for a Cup run...2 players waived their no trade clause to join.
mhoerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #109
06_hawk_eye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350478
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Penguins are on a roll. Building the team for the cup. We want it bad
06_hawk_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #110
fantabulous
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57364
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: N.Korea, MD
Vehicle:
05 Saabaru

Default

It cost Sid some teeth.
fantabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #111
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

lolol
carnz-pj-410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #112
CamaroFS34
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6850
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: SoBWI, MD
Vehicle:
Lots of ESP cars
'06 IAG WRX & LT1 Z28s :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulous View Post
It cost Sid some teeth.
Broken jaw.... ugh. Of course, since this happened to Crosby, do you think anyone's going to be crying for full visors/cages in the NHL now?
CamaroFS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #113
fantabulous
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57364
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: N.Korea, MD
Vehicle:
05 Saabaru

Default

Full cage like in college.
fantabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #114
06_hawk_eye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350478
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

That's something there talking about going to full cage .
06_hawk_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #115
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

I like the idea of using visors, but I also feel it should be the player's choice, to use a visor, cage, or just a helmet
carnz-pj-410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #116
fantabulous
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57364
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: N.Korea, MD
Vehicle:
05 Saabaru

Default

They're not going full cage for a while. There's not one player in the NHL that wears a full cage willingly. Players don't even like the visor, let alone a full cage.
fantabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #117
06_hawk_eye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350478
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Yeah it'll be completely up to the players some players done even wear mouth pieces which is crazy in my mind
06_hawk_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #118
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFS34 View Post
Broken jaw.... ugh. Of course, since this happened to Crosby, do you think anyone's going to be crying for full visors/cages in the NHL now?
Seriously? Is the focus of Caps fans so diluted that their concern is that at some point, someone might make an effort to make the game safer for players? Really? It seems ingrained in the culture of caps fans, the whole way up to the ownership, that they are more concerned about what happens in Pittsburgh then their own team. I swear most caps fans would be content to sweep Pittsburgh and not make the playoffs then they would be to make a legit run at the cup.
Blinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #119
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

It's natural for everyone to hate pittsburgh
carnz-pj-410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #120
LeeC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 97843
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
9.87 Supra:14 Tundra
LSRX7:6spd Bugeye :D

Default

Pittsburgh should be leveled and made into a 20 mile parking lot, the country would be better off
LeeC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #121
lilblue619
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288292
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: arbutus md
Vehicle:
2004 sti
wrb. the blue one.

Default

I'm not a penguins fan but he is right some caps fans are pretty pathetic IMO. Ive watched hockey all my life and I don't mind the caps but they just have uptight fans. I'm not saying if you like the caps your uptight but if you went to another nhl game somewhere else you would understand my point.
lilblue619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #122
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX Limited
2007 WRX Limited (sold)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnz-pj-410 View Post
It's natural for everyone to hate pittsburgh
This!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
Pittsburgh should be leveled and made into a 20 mile parking lot, the country would be better off
Well said Lee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblue619 View Post
I'm not a penguins fan but he is right some caps fans are pretty pathetic IMO. Ive watched hockey all my life and I don't mind the caps but they just have uptight fans. I'm not saying if you like the caps your uptight but if you went to another nhl game somewhere else you would understand my point.
Shut up. Just shut up. It's better that way.
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #123
CamaroFS34
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6850
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: SoBWI, MD
Vehicle:
Lots of ESP cars
'06 IAG WRX & LT1 Z28s :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinden View Post
Seriously? Is the focus of Caps fans so diluted that their concern is that at some point, someone might make an effort to make the game safer for players? Really? It seems ingrained in the culture of caps fans, the whole way up to the ownership, that they are more concerned about what happens in Pittsburgh then their own team. I swear most caps fans would be content to sweep Pittsburgh and not make the playoffs then they would be to make a legit run at the cup.


Grow the **** up. For crying out loud, are you so deeply ingrained into this "Caps vs Pens" bull**** that you really think I'm that ignorant?

Did you miss the arguments about visors, half-visors and so on when Marc Staal almost lost an eye earlier this year? Or is your head still stuffed so far up your Pittsburgh-loving ass that you missed that accident? Oh yeah, that's because it wasn't worth posting about here. There's a reason I avoid this thread, as much as I love hockey, and it's people like you and your outright stupidity when it comes to team rivalries.

I couldn't care less about your team, to tell the truth. It's a game. I remarked because I will find it interesting if Crosby's injury is the tipping point when it comes to the Department of Player Safety, considering he has been the "face of the NHL" for a while (though not as much since he was out with the concussion). Having seen horrific face injuries due to sticks and pucks previously, I'm surprised it hasn't been mandated already. I'm completely sure you and your Pittsburgh loving sycophants remember Chris Clark's injury. What? No? In case you've forgotten, he took a puck to the mouth, shattered his palatine bone and lost two teeth. He missed two games, returned with lower face protection, but still no true visor.

Where is your indignation over there being no mandate for kevlar socks? What, you missed Erik Karlsson's injury earlier this year? Joe Corvo's injury two years ago? Or maybe you did see ex-Penguin Max Talbot go down in a heap last night?

Where is your indignation over there being no mandate for kevlar neck protection? Who can forget Richard Zednik's gruesome near-death experience?

And what's the deal with the NFL surpassing the NHL when it comes to concussion research and assessment?

Seriously dude. Next time, pull your foot out of your mouth before you decide to call me out for being a Capitals fan and to insinuate that I don't know the game. Either that, or grow some thicker skin. I know plenty of Pens fans who put your ignorance to shame. In lieu of both of those, .
CamaroFS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #124
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX Limited
2007 WRX Limited (sold)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFS34 View Post


Grow the **** up. For crying out loud, are you so deeply ingrained into this "Caps vs Pens" bull**** that you really think I'm that ignorant?

Did you miss the arguments about visors, half-visors and so on when Marc Staal almost lost an eye earlier this year? Or is your head still stuffed so far up your Pittsburgh-loving ass that you missed that accident? Oh yeah, that's because it wasn't worth posting about here. There's a reason I avoid this thread, as much as I love hockey, and it's people like you and your outright stupidity when it comes to team rivalries.

I couldn't care less about your team, to tell the truth. It's a game. I remarked because I will find it interesting if Crosby's injury is the tipping point when it comes to the Department of Player Safety, considering he has been the "face of the NHL" for a while (though not as much since he was out with the concussion). Having seen horrific face injuries due to sticks and pucks previously, I'm surprised it hasn't been mandated already. I'm completely sure you and your Pittsburgh loving sycophants remember Chris Clark's injury. What? No? In case you've forgotten, he took a puck to the mouth, shattered his palatine bone and lost two teeth. He missed two games, returned with lower face protection, but still no true visor.

Where is your indignation over there being no mandate for kevlar socks? What, you missed Erik Karlsson's injury earlier this year? Joe Corvo's injury two years ago? Or maybe you did see ex-Penguin Max Talbot go down in a heap last night?

Where is your indignation over there being no mandate for kevlar neck protection? Who can forget Richard Zednik's gruesome near-death experience?

And what's the deal with the NFL surpassing the NHL when it comes to concussion research and assessment?

Seriously dude. Next time, pull your foot out of your mouth before you decide to call me out for being a Capitals fan and to insinuate that I don't know the game. Either that, or grow some thicker skin. I know plenty of Pens fans who put your ignorance to shame. In lieu of both of those, .
Quoted because my money is on CamaroFS34!!
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #125
CamaroFS34
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6850
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: SoBWI, MD
Vehicle:
Lots of ESP cars
'06 IAG WRX & LT1 Z28s :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblue619 View Post
I'm not a penguins fan but he is right some caps fans are pretty pathetic IMO. Ive watched hockey all my life and I don't mind the caps but they just have uptight fans. I'm not saying if you like the caps your uptight but if you went to another nhl game somewhere else you would understand my point.
I've been to plenty of hockey games elsewhere. I've seen more fights break out in Philadelphia than anywhere else (between Flyers fans). The chillest games I've been to have been in Atlanta, Columbus and Detroit.

I think if Caps fans at Verizon seem "uptight," it's because the out of town fans there are, collectively, the most ill-behaved fans I've seen in the league. It doesn't matter if it's the francophone Habs fans yelling French obscenities thinking no one will understand what they're saying; the Pennsylvania fans getting drunk, falling down the stairs and then picking a fight with the first Caps fan they see for "tripping them" or the mush mouthed Rangers fans who are drunk before the warmups... I can't imagine acting like any of them when I go to out of town games.
CamaroFS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.