Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
lilo_memo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 200132
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
05 impreza sti
AW

Default Low compression cylinder 2 need some feedback

05 sti stock motor with 35r tune to 17 psi 67k on the motor/car.
crawford aos: 850cc: walbro 255: aps 525: grimspeed catless dp: HKS dli 2: ATP 35r stock location

Bought the car used with the mod all installed and tuned. Seller stated that Doug over at TopSpeed did the install and tune. No promises on that statement.

I was planning to rebuild or drop in a forged block anyways but that seems to have come a bit earlier then planned.

Car was driving fine but it has a lean spot right around 2500-3000 rpm. Was driving back from the mountain (300mi in total trip) ran fine as long as I was not in the spot. Granted, cruising at 70mph is right around 3000 rpm so I was in and out of this lean spot. CEL came on 2 day later after DD use. misfire #2. I did a compression test on all 4 and here is the line up give or take 1-2:

# 1 - 130psi
# 2 - 20psi
# 3 - 130psi
# 4 - 135psi

No blue smoke from exhaust, no oil in coolant or vise versa. I think I melted the piston but no smoke or anything. The car will still run.

I havent done a leak down on it because 1, hard to tell where TDC is on these car and 2, havent found the time yet, but I am planning to remove battery and etc and trying to do leakdown this weekend.

I just wanted to know what you guys might think it is.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lilo_memo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
lilo_memo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 200132
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
05 impreza sti
AW

Just curious if any body would know what the going rate is for stock 05 sti used heads?
lilo_memo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
sense of nature
Scooby Guru

Member#: 112759
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
?? pending....
sale....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo_memo View Post
Just curious if any body would know what the going rate is for stock 05 sti used heads?
4-800 depending if they're complete w/ cams & sprockets or not
sense of nature is offline   Reply With Quote