Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 27, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #51
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

I have an update to share, I might be able to order the WRX SPECIAL EDITION if everything goes well. I have found a dealership who is willing to take the order and I hope they won't change their mind.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #52
jetfan2207
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 61950
Join Date: May 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Outback
big blue wagon

Default

Good luck! Wonder if you could get a friend in the states and use their address then transfer the paperwork to Canada. Heck that is how half the of police and firefighters get their jobs here.
jetfan2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #53
Haggerty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344918
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: North Bay, ON /San Antonio, TX
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR
2010 Mazdaspeed 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeawind View Post
Isn't that a joint effort?
Yep, they have Canadians at our state side NORAD sites as well.
Haggerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #54
BeefCurtains64
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 251257
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: International
Location: DFW
Vehicle:
12 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
Gross. We dont want Canada.
Said the guy from america, who lost the invasion of canada shortly after the revolutionary war.

Yeah that's right, canada have their indepence day from america. Isn't that funny? Lol

We learn something new everyday.
BeefCurtains64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #55
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Stage e

Default

I like how you Canadians got butthurt over a joking comment.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #56
Haggerty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344918
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: North Bay, ON /San Antonio, TX
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR
2010 Mazdaspeed 5

Default

Canadians always tell the story of how they beat the Americans and burnt the White House. Conveniently leaving out that the British were involved too.
Haggerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #57
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
Canadians always tell the story of how they beat the Americans and burnt the White House. Conveniently leaving out that the British were involved too.
Lol.... I posted this thread because I just wanna buy a Wrx and not to prove how patriotic I am.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #58
nmlittlebigman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 321409
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arrey, NM
Vehicle:
2015 WRX LTD
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeawind View Post
Lol.... I posted this thread because I just wanna buy a Wrx and not to prove how patriotic I am.
Patriotism is fickle...Years ago when I bought a Toyota pick-up in the early '80's I was considered UN-patriotic because I refused to buy an American made vehicle. Walmart also made it's mark by stating "Buy American"...now just about everything they sell is imported. OP I really hope you get find a "good deal". That is a universal quality being wise with your money
nmlittlebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #59
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmlittlebigman View Post
Patriotism is fickle...Years ago when I bought a Toyota pick-up in the early '80's I was considered UN-patriotic because I refused to buy an American made vehicle. Walmart also made it's mark by stating "Buy American"...now just about everything they sell is imported. OP I really hope you get find a "good deal". That is a universal quality being wise with your money
Very well said, Thank you.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #60
BeefCurtains64
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 251257
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: International
Location: DFW
Vehicle:
12 WRX

Default

Have you tried coupleof Alaskan dealerships?

Outside the 48.
BeefCurtains64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #61
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCurtains64 View Post
Have you tried coupleof Alaskan dealerships?

Outside the 48.
That would be one heck of a drive home.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #62
TrickNipple
moon moon
Moderator
 
Member#: 86213
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Wild wild Northwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeawind View Post
I have an update to share, I might be able to order the WRX SPECIAL EDITION if everything goes well. I have found a dealership who is willing to take the order and I hope they won't change their mind.
What dealership? I saw someone mention Walker's, make sure you research the dealership before you buy a car with them.
TrickNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #63
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickNipple View Post

What dealership? I saw someone mention Walker's, make sure you research the dealership before you buy a car with them.
Sorry I can't say their name, SOA might give them hard time or cancel their dealership license. I'm going to put a deposit on it tomorrow, they quoted me $32500 for the WRX SE. I hope its got some extra goodies on it.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #64
Nichi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315791
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Silver

Default

To the OP,

All the best in your search for a new car.

I am a Canadian owner of a 2012 WRX purchased new in WA. All I can really do is confirm the issues you have discovered so far.

My car pruchase involved a lot of research and headaches due to the current cross border shopping policies of Subaru. Hard to believe under NAFTA rules subaru are allowed to throw up so many roadblocks to what should be a simple transaction.

Unfortunatly the dealer I purchased from has changed their policy and has joined the no sales to Canadians policy. Believe me the dealer would love to make the sale but HQ is not so keen. Sales guy told me 30% of his sales were to Canadians prior to the policy change.

Keep banging on doors. After all was said and done I saved an honest 20% over a Canadian WRX.

Good luck!

Nichi

Last edited by Nichi; 02-01-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Nichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #65
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichi View Post
To the OP,

All the best in your search for a new car.

I am a Canadian owner of a 2012 WRX purchased new in WA. All I can really do is confirm the issues you have discovered so far.

My car pruchase involved a lot of research and headaches due to the current cross border shopping policies of Subaru. Hard to believe under NAFTA rules subaru are allowed to throw up so many roadblocks to what should be a simple transaction.

Unfortunatly the dealer I purchased from has changed their policy and has joined the no sales to Canadians policy. Believe me the dealer would love to make the sale but HQ is not so keen. Sales guy told me 30% of his sales were to Canadians prior to the policy change.

Keep banging on doors. After all was said and done I saved an honest 20% over a Canadian WRX.

Good luck!

Nichi
Thank you very much for the good wishes, I'm still searching for a dealer and will search until I'll find one who would sell one WRX.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #66
damonchoy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 279935
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Sudbury, ON, Canada
Vehicle:
03 350Z - Summer
97 E36 328i - Winter

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
Gross. We dont want Canada.


-

Dear other Canadians, the above comment was funny.

Stop getting butthurt and making us look stupid because you get offended over it.

-

And OP, have you talked to the RIV about the fees of importing a vehicle from the States? Last time I checked, there were a lot of expenses. Add in your flight, gas, time, etc. and the taxes you have to pay when you enter the country and I don't think it's worth it.
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #67
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonchoy View Post


-

Dear other Canadians, the above comment was funny.

Stop getting butthurt and making us look stupid because you get offended over it.

-

And OP, have you talked to the RIV about the fees of importing a vehicle from the States? Last time I checked, there were a lot of expenses. Add in your flight, gas, time, etc. and the taxes you have to pay when you enter the country and I don't think it's worth it.
I have imported several cars and I know what fees I have to pay. How can you say its not worth it? have you ever imported a car? It is completely worth it to import it even if the $$ is not at par with the US $.
I will save minimum $7-8k which is a huge saving and its 100% worth my time. Please do your research, I have done mine.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #68
Ziggyrama
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 53665
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northboro, MA
Vehicle:
2011 STI Stg2 w/EBCS
2012 Tribeca Ltd.

Default

OP, the special edition is all cosmetic. There are no other goodies in the car. Hope you like orange:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/14/2...ecial-edition/
Ziggyrama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #69
likeawind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238303
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyrama View Post
OP, the special edition is all cosmetic. There are no other goodies in the car. Hope you like orange:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/14/2...ecial-edition/
Hey, I have already informed the dealership I don't wanna spend that kinda money even though probably I'll be the only who will have that. Car.
likeawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.