Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-29-2001, 05:32 PM   #1
inzomniac
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1710
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
1998 2.5RS/2002 WRX
RS: RBP/ WRX: PSM

Thumbs up My first Auto-X

Well I went today and entered myself and my Impreza in an autocross, running a stock car on snows!

It was a great way to get rid of what was left on the snow tires.

Other then the fact that they made me car 1!!! and I got severely lost on my first run, it was a very very good experiance...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
inzomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 06:33 PM   #2
Future Subaru Driver1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1049
Wink

in turn i guess it was a good day for both of us and we had alot of fun.

I did drive up to Peterborough (about 140 kms.) and went to the autocross to watch this very enteraining event. Unfortunately i was unable to compete due to mommy restrictions and i was driving her car, which was a 2000 Outback 5-spd. she didn't want me wrecking it as she was on strike and didn't have the $$$ to pay for repairs.

I did however have my fun. on the way up there I did a high speed run and hit about 120 mph in the outback before having to slow down for a pick-up. we also stopped for some to take some pics in a gravel parking lot but i decided to have some fun. i did a full donut in the gravel parking lot. we didn't stick around and take pics cause we/I didn't want to get in ****. So we went and got a car wash.

I also took ou the outback in the free runs after the event and managed to rip out a time only 10 seconds off the fastest time of the day on Firestone Wildernesses in a stock outback. it was also my first time around the track driving. Not bad if i do say so myself

it was a pretty decent day. i had a good drive and had some fun. Just a "note to self" Next time i wanna do a donut on gravel, make sure i roll up the window before. Cause eating dust and having a solid layer of dust on the dash sucks!! FUN?? YES!!! suck?? YES!!!

enough from me!!
Future Subaru Driver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 06:50 PM   #3
inzomniac
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1710
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
1998 2.5RS/2002 WRX
RS: RBP/ WRX: PSM

And remember kids!!!

Always close your trunk before you rip around a campus!!!

Right Chris
inzomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:01 PM   #4
Future Subaru Driver1
Scooby Newbie

Wink

lesson #2 kids..... this pertains the autocrossing especially.... if a cone is like this /\< it means go to the LEFT of it. and if it's like >/\ it means go to the RIGHT!! just remember that!! cause if you don't you will not get a counted run!!

Right Gary??

oh yeah. if you got an outback make sure the trunk liner doesn't slide backward and interfere with the trunk latch!

[This message has been edited by Future Subaru Driver1 (edited April 29, 2001).]
Old 04-30-2001, 04:23 PM   #5
Future Subaru Driver1
Scooby Newbie

Have a Nice Day?

I forgot the girly (Lisa) restrictions!! they were drive carefully and keep it below 120. Too bad she didn't tell me MPH or KPH!! so i assumed MPH!! hehe!! I guess i had to make her worry!! hehe!!

Just the tempation was there!! you know wide open road at 7:00 in the morning!!

Guys read this and reply, A persons first autocross is a big day in there motorsport life!

Old 04-30-2001, 04:33 PM   #6
Yotsuya
Scooby Guru

Member#: 935
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Jack Soo Fan Club

I actually had my first auto-x yesterday as well. Was a lot of fun, even though I wasn't very competitive in my class. Definitely something I'm going to keep doing as long as have tires.
Yotsuya is offline   Reply With Quote