Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #101
mhoerath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131379
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: richmond, va
Vehicle:
2003 354 ftlb@3k rpm
justablue hatch

Default

Jay and jared running 1st overall after 5 stages. 7th and last just starting. Robin and lance still running.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mhoerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #102
Tucci139
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336953
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Cool - I'll be in the beginner drivers school obviously. Looking forward to it.
Tucci139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #103
hiwaitaminute
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 305459
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: All around
Vehicle:
06 Sti
White

Default

Where can or has a the capabilities of rolling fenders , gona need this done before the event
hiwaitaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #104
irish44j
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191290
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Burke, VA
Vehicle:
09 OPB SM WRXsedan
85 BMW E30 M2 Rallycrossr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerath View Post
Jay and jared running 1st overall after 5 stages. 7th and last just starting. Robin and lance still running.
sweet. MAIC representing again!
irish44j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #105
irish44j
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191290
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Burke, VA
Vehicle:
09 OPB SM WRXsedan
85 BMW E30 M2 Rallycrossr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaitaminute View Post
Where can or has a the capabilities of rolling fenders , gona need this done before the event
you need to roll fenders on an STi for this? You running that aggressive of a wheel/offset?

MachV rolls fenders, I'm pretty sure. And they sponsor our rally-x series. Give Dan a call there.
irish44j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #106
simpsonsdotcom
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269543
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Vehicle:
2002 2.5RS BRP
2004 WRX WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaitaminute View Post
Where can or has a the capabilities of rolling fenders , gona need this done before the event
If MachV doesn't i know IAG does
simpsonsdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #107
KoldKermit
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 228885
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Leesburg, VA
Vehicle:
06 wrxWagonWRB
99rsAW, 98rsBDP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaitaminute View Post
Where can or has a the capabilities of rolling fenders , gona need this done before the event
Is your STi lowered
KoldKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #108
Detslider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170244
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Summit Point
Vehicle:
sans Subaru

Default

Congratulations Jason and Jared for winnning all seven stages and in return scoring the AWD and the overall win at Sandblast!

Lance and Robin finished (which in of itself is awesome considering almost half the AWD class DNF'd) in 11th!

http://www.nasarallysport.com//resul...ally-class.htm

Last edited by Detslider; 03-04-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Detslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #109
sabreofsd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48943
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2004 95%*STi Blu/Gld
www.dcawd.com

Default

Congrats guys!!!
sabreofsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #110
X Mon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 156443
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: South East Penna.
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon WRB
2001 Forester S, EJ205/5m

Default

Congrats to J and Jard, and to Robin for her first rally. There were a bunch of other MAIC folks there either as racers or as crew.

No love for the 2wd guys!?! 2WD winning Impreza was from the MAIC as well...


Thanks to Chris Meegan for the photo, and to Adam and John for crewing for us. At least Lance and Robin gave them something to do.

Mark, thanks for your course car work. Perry said he had a blast.
X Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #111
Detslider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170244
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Summit Point
Vehicle:
sans Subaru

Default

I only looked at the AWD results.
Detslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #112
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
you need to roll fenders on an STi for this? You running that aggressive of a wheel/offset?

MachV rolls fenders, I'm pretty sure. And they sponsor our rally-x series. Give Dan a call there.
MachV does- I stopped by and spoke with them at length about doing my '11 WRX fenders before I went with a less aggressive wheel.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #113
mhoerath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131379
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: richmond, va
Vehicle:
2003 354 ftlb@3k rpm
justablue hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detslider View Post
I only looked at the AWD results.
2 wd cars? What a concept.
mhoerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #114
Tucci139
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336953
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Folks - spoke with Robbie at Piper Motorsports today - trying to decide on a roll bar versus roll cage without front seat bar. big question is to remain in SA do I have to keep headliner and all of the interior pieces? I assume the answer is yes. Also, I assume I must keep original seats? Anything else I need to worry about in order to make sure the car stays in SA class for SCCA Rallycross?

The car I have is a 2005 Impreza 2.5RS N/A so I assume it may not be a good rally car?? Just OK for rallycross so I was thinking roll bar and if or when we improve to get a WRX or something that has more potential. Are my assumptions right here?

Last edited by Tucci139; 03-04-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: forgot to add info on car
Tucci139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #115
Tucci139
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336953
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerath View Post
2 wd cars? What a concept.
My first Subaru was a Legacy Wagon 2WD - that car was lowered and I had some awesome wheels on it. It was what I could afford at the time and I thought it was pretty cool - so did my girlfriend at the time Subaru are awesome in any form - well almost any.
Tucci139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #116
sabreofsd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48943
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2004 95%*STi Blu/Gld
www.dcawd.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastie View Post
Folks - spoke with Robbie at Piper Motorsports today - trying to decide on a roll bar versus roll cage without front seat bar. big question is to remain in SA do I have to keep headliner and all of the interior pieces? I assume the answer is yes. Also, I assume I must keep original seats? Anything else I need to worry about in order to make sure the car stays in SA class for SCCA Rallycross?

The car I have is a 2005 Impreza 2.5RS N/A so I assume it may not be a good rally car?? Just OK for rallycross so I was thinking roll bar and if or when we improve to get a WRX or something that has more potential. Are my assumptions right here?
From my interpretation and from what I have heard, yes, all interior pieces must be kept. That includes the headliner and seats. IF the seats are in bad shape, they can be replaced with OEM ones. If you need to cut a piece in order for the cage to bolt to a part of the body/chassis, then the pieces must be trimmed around the cage.

Best source of information: http://www.scca.com/assets/2013%20Ra...ss%20Rules.pdf

The 2.5RS will be an EXCELLENT car. The top people in SA (and I believe PA) run 2.5RS's By roll bar do you mean a sway bar? If so, you can replace the front one in SA.

The BEST thing you can do to improve your times will be seat time and instruction. A good driver with a 2.5RS can beat an ok driver with an STI.
sabreofsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #117
Tucci139
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336953
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabreofsd View Post
From my interpretation and from what I have heard, yes, all interior pieces must be kept. That includes the headliner and seats. IF the seats are in bad shape, they can be replaced with OEM ones. If you need to cut a piece in order for the cage to bolt to a part of the body/chassis, then the pieces must be trimmed around the cage.

Best source of information: http://www.scca.com/assets/2013%20Ra...ss%20Rules.pdf

The 2.5RS will be an EXCELLENT car. The top people in SA (and I believe PA) run 2.5RS's By roll bar do you mean a sway bar? If so, you can replace the front one in SA.

The BEST thing you can do to improve your times will be seat time and instruction. A good driver with a 2.5RS can beat an ok driver with an STI.
Thanks - by roll bar I meant the back portion of the roll cage - just behind the seat - sort of like AutoPower style. This answers my interior question. I want to stay in SA to keep costs down on engine, etc.

I will be running a stock sway bar for now in the front - may try the whiteline later but want to get some time in the car first as you said. My biggest concern are the tires - I love driving the car with the radials - but not sure what to expect with the heavy snowtires and heavy wheels. Will be interesting.

Yeah - I am an older guy sort of coming back to motorsports after a long break - so I totally agree with your comment and was so humbled by my first autocross years ago - that's for sure. Rallycross should present a whole new challenge for sure - looking forward to it.

Thanks for your comments.
Tucci139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #118
sabreofsd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48943
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2004 95%*STi Blu/Gld
www.dcawd.com

Default

Ah, gotcha I believe a couple of the guys run roll bars like that to mount their camera's and harnesses to.

Welcome back to racing
sabreofsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #119
Detslider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170244
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Summit Point
Vehicle:
sans Subaru

Default

Some Sandblast pics were posted here
http://imgur.com/a/Pboru





Detslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #120
Jard
In the silly seat
Moderator
 
Member#: 34935
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Vehicle:
SPB- 2013 Smugmobile
and DADCORE

Default

Whose are those?
Jard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #121
Detslider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170244
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Summit Point
Vehicle:
sans Subaru

Default

??? someone one imgur.
Detslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #122
Jard
In the silly seat
Moderator
 
Member#: 34935
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Vehicle:
SPB- 2013 Smugmobile
and DADCORE

Default

Okay, sure, so how did YOU find them?
Jard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #123
Detslider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170244
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Summit Point
Vehicle:
sans Subaru

Default

http://www.reddit.com/r/rally
Carefull with Reddit though; It'll suck you in.

Looking it the OP's posting history hints that it might be this guy Jared Gant from Charlotte.
https://www.crowdtilt.com/users/jgant

Last edited by Detslider; 03-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Detslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #124
mhoerath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131379
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: richmond, va
Vehicle:
2003 354 ftlb@3k rpm
justablue hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jard View Post
Whose are those?
What suspension set up's on the new rally car?
mhoerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #125
irish44j
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191290
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Burke, VA
Vehicle:
09 OPB SM WRXsedan
85 BMW E30 M2 Rallycrossr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastie View Post
Thanks - by roll bar I meant the back portion of the roll cage - just behind the seat - sort of like AutoPower style. This answers my interior question. I want to stay in SA to keep costs down on engine, etc.

I will be running a stock sway bar for now in the front - may try the whiteline later but want to get some time in the car first as you said. My biggest concern are the tires - I love driving the car with the radials - but not sure what to expect with the heavy snowtires and heavy wheels. Will be interesting.

Yeah - I am an older guy sort of coming back to motorsports after a long break - so I totally agree with your comment and was so humbled by my first autocross years ago - that's for sure. Rallycross should present a whole new challenge for sure - looking forward to it.

Thanks for your comments.
If you get a bolt-in rollbar, you shouldn't have to do any interior modifications other than cut out a square of carpet. Just cut 3 sides of the square, so it can just "fold up" and it "counts" as still being installed. Hell, you could even do this with a weld-in bar, you just have to put the carpet back in after it's installed.

That said, I seriously doubt anyone would call you out on it in local competition unless you're thrashing the rest of your class.
irish44j is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.