Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
20Rex05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 255600
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
Oh5 Rex
PSM

Default Legacy specific forums

Just curious if there is a legacy specific forum page. I should be picking up a 05 lgt within a week and would like to gather more information on the car. I'm wrx and sti savy but not so much on the lgt etc ha. There also isn't that much products for sale here for the lgts.

Thanks,
Corey
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
20Rex05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Torontolegacy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327872
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Black

Mostly because we legacy boys tend to drive alittle less racecar. So the parts and cars last longer, thus less used classifieds and partouts. And congrats on picking up a leggy. I also own an 05 gt. 5mt wagon to be exact. Welcome to the fam.
Torontolegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
SPT.WRX.2K8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201508
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Garnett Red Pearl

True dat Torontolegacy.

Welcome 20Rex05, you may wanna try legacygt.com that's a Legacy forum. My handle there is TheMahFromTheU, theres good information on here (NASIOC) as well - essentially the 05' LGT (which i have, 4dr sedan 5EAT) motor is from the 04-06 STi's, just detuned.
SPT.WRX.2K8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Torontolegacy
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Black

What info are you looking to gain? Kind of a generic question. Specific areas?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
zenfamily
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 101369
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
Red

20Rex05, I agree with SPT.WRX.2K8. There is a wealth of knowledge and parts (new and used) on the legacy forum (4th gen). There is less shenanigans on that forum compared with this one. A lot of the basic knowledge about WRXs applies to LGTs.
There are a lot of complaints about the VF-40 turbo on 05-06. If you have any other questions, I am under the same handle there.
zenfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
20Rex05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 255600
Vehicle:
Oh5 Rex
PSM

Thanks a lot guys I actually signed up over there yesterday? Haha not to sure haven't had much time to check it out due to new born and job. I had 2 wrx's and I'm over the go fast bits well for the most part. I am really just looking to get a tbe and just other small tid bits. Something to get it sounding nice etc other then that looking for general knowledge on the car compatible wheels. Maintenance, see what other people are doing with there's ya know. The same thing any other enthusiast is doing ha. Thanks again for the replies.

Corey

P.S: My name over there is El Gee Tee. (Can't believe it wasn't taken!)
20Rex05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Torontolegacy
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Black

Well as far as maintenence goes... Definatly check the p/s valve cover gasket and half moon seals. Also the p/s front inner cv boot. The down pipe likes to cook those. I did a heat wrap on mine after replacing those parts and have been problem free since. The MOST IMPORTANT thing to check is the oil filter in the banjo bolt that connects the p/s cylinder head to the turbo oil feed line. Check for any metal debris in it and clean, replace or as i did remove the filter all together. Some guys swear against that but i swear by it. Im one of the few 2005 legacy gt's running the original turbo with zero shaft play. 100 of 160kms filterless. Just keep up with regular oil changes and use good oil. AMSOIL is my preference.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
BarrettJa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 191997
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2000 swapped Legacy
Tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPT.WRX.2K8 View Post
True dat Torontolegacy.

Welcome 20Rex05, you may wanna try legacygt.com that's a Legacy forum. My handle there is TheMahFromTheU, theres good information on here (NASIOC) as well - essentially the 05' LGT (which i have, 4dr sedan 5EAT) motor is from the 04-06 STi's, just detuned.
Uhhh.. its an ej255, not a 257 in the fourth gen.. same short block 05-06 as the 257 but different pistons.
BarrettJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
cmgonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346051
Vehicle:
2003 Legacy L Wagon
Drk Blue

Default A quick question...

Greetings,

Since I am new to this forum and have a relatively new (for me at least, it's a 2003 Legacy L wagon) Legacy, perhaps I can ask a question. I purchased a 2003 Impreza WRX exhaust off the classfieds. It includes the cat, muffler and downpipe. I have read several forums about using this exhaust on my Legacy. It seems possible with a few minor differences. One said the only difference is midpipe length. Is this length to be found between the engine and the cat? Or the cat and the muffler? Another said that it was simply a matter of redistributing the hangers. Do you have any advice or could you recommend a specific resource. Thanks for your time!

-Chris
cmgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
BarrettJa
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 swapped Legacy
Tan

Well.. I can kind of help. The tunnel length and bend of the midpipe are different between the two. The mid pipe needs to be lengthened and the flange needs to be rotated a hair. Also, two hangers need to be moved
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
cmgonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Legacy L Wagon
Drk Blue

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettJa View Post
Well.. I can kind of help. The tunnel length and bend of the midpipe are different between the two. The mid pipe needs to be lengthened and the flange needs to be rotated a hair. Also, two hangers need to be moved

Are you talking mid pipe between the downpipe and the cat, or between the cat and the muffler? Everything else makes sense. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
BarrettJa
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 swapped Legacy
Tan

Well if you have a BE legacy, youd have headers to the cat to the mid pipe, and the mid pipe needs to be lengthened to reach the cat pipe. The strait portion that would typically meet the down pipe on a turbo car needs to be lengthened and rotated to meet the cat of the naturally aspirated one.

Essentially, the mid pipe needs to be altered. everything from the header to the end of the cat pipe stays the same
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #13
cmgonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Legacy L Wagon
Drk Blue

I have a BH legacy. Dunno if that makes a difference. Thanks for the information though!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
BarrettJa
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 swapped Legacy
Tan

Be/bh it makes no difference as long as its a third gen
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #15