Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
Subbie16
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 435139
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited-6MT
Pure Red

Default Engine/Transmission mount upgrade Stage 2+ 2016 WRX

I upgraded my 2016 to a full Cobb TBE and Cobb CAI to go to Stage 2+. I wanted to do it right and had my shop swap out the pitch stop mount, transmission mount and engine mounts for all Group N items. Engine mounts needed a spacer that the shop Gerry rigged out of stainless covered in zinc to prevent rusting as they are not a direct fit. However what brings me to the post is the "rubbing noise" that I believe are the einginw mounts. When driving slow and trunk g left or right (say from a stop sign) or accelerating from a stop in 1st it makes this rubbing noise. I also noticed when starting the car the left side of the engine visibly shakes and makes the noise again. I cannot confirm the right side is doing any of this and haw noticed these issues only occur on the left side. I took my tuner for a test drive after he also heard the noise. Threw the car back on the lift and they couldn't find anything rubbing or loose. They had a tech in the car up in the air going thru gears to try and reproduce it but could not. The J pipe is not rubbing anything and everything is torqued down to spec and nothing is missing. Has anyone else who has installed these parts had this issue? The noise is very disconcerting. My tuners (Gold Cobb tuner) chalked it up to NVH. However after starting the car back up after stopping for a few minutes I am not to sure since it only occurs on the left. Anybody have any thoughts of what the noise/rubbing could be?
Subbie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
jaxscuby
Sammo Hung

Member#: 10613
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 USDM WRX
WRB

back in the day when we swapped motor & tranny group-N mounts the only
thing it really produced was more vibration through the steering wheel.

visibly the motor did not shake as much almost non-existent.

did not need a spacer for motor mount. so I would look into that.

group-N are factory so they should fit like factory..

pictures are worth a thousand words.
jaxscuby is offline   Reply With Quote