Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #26
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Not the response I was expecting. It's just a comparison of dynos not the shops themselves. If it made xxx on one dyno and zzz on another, it makes sense to use those to show the increases.apples to apples. And also have the bragging rights which a shop would usually love if a car they built made a much higher number on a competitors dyno.

Was just a thought.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #27
c_quiasua
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318963
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Garland, TX
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi 5-Door
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdtuning.com View Post

It's the owners request. All is fine. Not that big of a deal.... Moving on

In other news, the Modena sequential dogbox and Tilton clutch are going in this weekend. Keith will spend next week wiring the dogbox up to run with the Cosworth standalone.
Man I wish I could be taken on a ride in that thing when I'm there .
c_quiasua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
Not the response I was expecting. It's just a comparison of dynos not the shops themselves. If it made xxx on one dyno and zzz on another, it makes sense to use those to show the increases.apples to apples. And also have the bragging rights which a shop would usually love if a car they built made a much higher number on a competitors dyno.

Was just a thought.
It has nothing to do with comparing the two shops or the dynos, the owner has a history with them that is no body's business but he has chosen not to do business with them. It's no big deal.
Besides if you want us to compare then we can take it to Steve's dyno or Jotech or Alamo. (We did a comparison on Jotechs dyno last year on the FP3794)
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #29
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdtuning.com View Post

It has nothing to do with comparing the two shops or the dynos, the owner has a history with them that is no body's business but he has chosen not to do business with them. It's no big deal.
Besides if you want us to compare then we can take it to Steve's dyno or Jotech or Alamo. (We did a comparison on Jotechs dyno last year on the FP3794)
Does Alamo have a mustang dyno?
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #30
iconone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 174883
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Clear Lake Texas
Vehicle:
2005 CGM WRX
2006 Yamaha R1

Default

Bring it to tx2k13 dyno day!!!
iconone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post

Does Alamo have a mustang dyno?
Alamo has a dyno dynamics dyno, Steve has a Mustang 500 dyno and Jotech has a dynocomp dyno.
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #32
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconone View Post
Bring it to tx2k13 dyno day!!!
Sorry no Tx2k for us this year. Getting ready for the Texas Mile.
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
RexTexWagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150987
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Austin, Tx
Vehicle:
2013 Ford Focus ST3
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
Not the response I was expecting. It's just a comparison of dynos not the shops themselves. If it made xxx on one dyno and zzz on another, it makes sense to use those to show the increases.apples to apples. And also have the bragging rights which a shop would usually love if a car they built made a much higher number on a competitors dyno.

Was just a thought.
Ok want a comparison? I made 335 on awdtunings dyno in 60 degree weather

I made 386 at 6k (motor goes to 7300) in 100 degree weather at Austins Cobb dyno



















Excited to see what that car can do Mary! It was great to meet the owner, hes a cool cat.
RexTexWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexTexWagon View Post
Ok want a comparison? I made 335 on awdtunings dyno in 60 degree weather

I made 386 at 6k (motor goes to 7300) in 100 degree weather at Austins Cobb dyno

Excited to see what that car can do Mary! It was great to meet the owner, hes a cool cat.
Cool. I wanted to know what the car would make now on cobbs since all the work AWD has done.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #35
Butterz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21205
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: ATX
Vehicle:
2004 Poopwagon
2010 135i

Default

I don't understand why people get all worked up about comparing dyno numbers. No two dynos will read the exact same, ever. There is absolutely no point in taking this car back to COBB Plano to see what it makes on their dyno unless all you care about is having a big dyno number. Granted, AWD can do that on their own dyno if they wanted by manipulating parasitics and other settings.
Butterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #36
Wagaru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169297
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza Coupe
96 LSi Sedan/97 Outback

Default

Yeah Cobb has a overzealous dyno. They use it to sell more goodies.
Wagaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #37
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

This week we ordered DriveShaft Shop front axles to go with our DSS rear axles. The guys at DSS are great to work with and they should be here in time for the Texas Mile.
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #38
lovethebugeye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116929
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: PoppedCollarville
Vehicle:
2008 :shifty eyes:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterz View Post
I don't understand why people get all worked up about comparing dyno numbers. No two dynos will read the exact same, ever. There is absolutely no point in taking this car back to COBB Plano to see what it makes on their dyno unless all you care about is having a big dyno number. Granted, AWD can do that on their own dyno if they wanted by manipulating parasitics and other settings.
Every once in a while you just gotta whip it out and swing it around.
lovethebugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #39
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagaru View Post
Yeah Cobb has a overzealous dyno. They use it to sell more goodies.
And can you back that statement up with proof?
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #40
lovethebugeye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116929
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: PoppedCollarville
Vehicle:
2008 :shifty eyes:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
And can you back that statement up with proof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexTexWagon View Post
Ok want a comparison? I made 335 on awdtunings dyno in 60 degree weather

I made 386 at 6k (motor goes to 7300) in 100 degree weather at Austins Cobb dyno

Read much? Out of curiosity why are you so adamant about a dyno comparison that proves nothing that no one doesn't already know?

Everyone who deals with either AWD or Cobb knows that AWDs dyno reads lower. Its 100% because the dyno's are set up differently, end of story. This **** is just stupid.
lovethebugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #41
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebugeye View Post

Read much? Out of curiosity why are you so adamant about a dyno comparison that proves nothing that no one doesn't already know?

Everyone who deals with either AWD or Cobb knows that AWDs dyno reads lower. Its 100% because the dyno's are set up differently, end of story. This **** is just stupid.
I'm sorry I don't remember asking for your opinion.

A member made a false blow at a company saying they turn up the output numbers on their dyno to sell their products/services.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
lovethebugeye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116929
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: PoppedCollarville
Vehicle:
2008 :shifty eyes:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
I'm sorry I don't remember asking for your opinion.

A member made a false blow at a company saying they turn up the output numbers on their dyno to sell their products/services.
The lovely part about forums is it doesn't matter if you asked for an opinion or not, if I feel like giving one I am free to do so, woohoo.

If i can answer a question within a thread why not help you out?
lovethebugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #43
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebugeye View Post

The lovely part about forums is it doesn't matter if you asked for an opinion or not, if I feel like giving one I am free to do so, woohoo.

If i can answer a question within a thread why not help you out?
But you didn't answer the question. Yes dynos all read differently I know this. However a claim was made that a shop purposely displays higher numbers to sell their products. That is the accusation which proof is needed, or else it's just BS and just biased because the person prefers one shop over the other.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #44
c_quiasua
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318963
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Garland, TX
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi 5-Door
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebugeye View Post

Every once in a while you just gotta whip it out and swing it around.
That's what she said!!!!
c_quiasua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
lovethebugeye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116929
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: PoppedCollarville
Vehicle:
2008 :shifty eyes:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
But you didn't answer the question. Yes dynos all read differently I know this. However a claim was made that a shop purposely displays higher numbers to sell their products. That is the accusation which proof is needed, or else it's just BS and just biased because the person prefers one shop over the other.
I get that. You are asking for proof in defense of a shop you support, nothing wrong with that.

All i'm saying is that aside from all dynos being different, there is already a known relationship between these particular two. AWD reads lower than Cobb Plano, end of story.

As much as I might not like to admit it, I highly doubt Cobbs dyno reads higher to please customers, i'm gonna go ahead and make an educated guess that it's just calibrated differently.
lovethebugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #46
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2014 EVO X GSR
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebugeye View Post

I get that. You are asking for proof in defense of a shop you support, nothing wrong with that.

All i'm saying is that aside from all dynos being different, there is already a known relationship between these particular two. AWD reads lower than Cobb Plano, end of story.

As much as I might not like to admit it, I highly doubt Cobbs dyno reads higher to please customers, i'm gonna go ahead and make an educated guess that it's just calibrated differently.
Yes you are correct. And back to the very beginning all I was saying is knowing that AWD reads lower than Cobb; wouldn't it be cool to know what this Sti makes on Cobbs. Its quite simple, it's just a cool factor.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #47
Mister Tanker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237759
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Built ej205 478whp 417wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
Yes you are correct. And back to the very beginning all I was saying is knowing that AWD reads lower than Cobb; wouldn't it be cool to know what this Sti makes on Cobbs. Its quite simple, it's just a cool factor.
Cool factor aside, it's just not going to happen. Might as well drop it now.
Mister Tanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #48
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

Can we please move on.


Changing the subject.
Today I picked up some freshly powdercoated parts for the Mexico STi. We decided to change it up a bit and powdercoate the RPF1's black. I also powdercoated a pipe as tow hook just for fun.
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #49
bigdanswrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309819
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: saginaw tx
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
platinum sliver

Default

i'm ready to see this car run at IFO in april!
bigdanswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #50
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

Here is the video from dyno day of the Mexico STi making 784whp/620wtq
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.