Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
RobBASS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303217
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default Adding a little function and a lot of bass!

So I am upgrading the sound system on my 2012 Sti so far I just ordered Pioneer Avic Z130bt head unit Memphis Audio 12" C3 subwoofer, and Memphis Audio PR1.1000 amp. Thinking of upgrading factory speakers in near future looking for opinions and options I haven't thought of.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RobBASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
chithead
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 312018
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon
Garnet

You like Memphis? They make pretty good component sets also.
chithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
RobBASS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
You like Memphis? They make pretty good component sets also.
I had a Memphis M class subwoofer in my last car and loved it so figured I would stick with them as far as subwoofer anyway.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
JB Subie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 284919
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Satin White Pearl

i like the rockford fosgate t 252-s components. they are pretty clean. they keep up with my 15" re sx which i run at about 1200-1500 rms at 2ohms. i couldn't be happier but i feel the need to get more bass and i know that these components can keep up.
JB Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Modfydsubi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310974
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
BLK

^^^ you sir LOVE bass.... Anything in that range of 1000rms or more is too much bass for me. My trunk hates my 12" L7 and most of my car is sound deadened. Im thinking of downgrading to something cleaner in sound and less bass like a JL w6.
Modfydsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
JB Subie
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modfydsubi View Post
^^^ you sir LOVE bass.... Anything in that range of 1000rms or more is too much bass for me. My trunk hates my 12" L7 and most of my car is sound deadened. Im thinking of downgrading to something cleaner in sound and less bass like a JL w6.
Lol. i'm going to start competing soon so I need it. the goal is to hit 150db. Now, i don't often turn it up all the way, but I sometimes do btw, if you are going to downgrade to a w6 I have an older 10" one sitting in my room. lmk.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
.17HMR
*** Banned ***

Member#: 307335

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBASS View Post
So I am upgrading the sound system on my 2012 Sti so far I just ordered Pioneer Avic Z130bt head unit Memphis Audio 12" C3 subwoofer, and Memphis Audio PR1.1000 amp. Thinking of upgrading factory speakers in near future looking for opinions and options I haven't thought of.
Thinking about upgrading the factory speakers?

Why? Any reason in particular?

What factory speakers? Your fronts or rears?

If so, list the parimeters. -Component or coaxial? Size, depth, etc?

If Component, where are the mids & tweets. On or off axis?

^How accustomed are you W/ fabrication? Do you have the option of housing your tweeters in the A-pillars, high up the dash, etc...

Can not believe I forgot to mention this! -Budget?! -Are you including installation within this budget? External amplifiers, sound dampener, noise reduction, etc?

Available wattage?

Lastly, ...any other circumstances? Particular to any specific type of cone material or tweeter composition. -Yes they differ (characteristics, break-ups, etc)

I could give you a better opinion if some of these questions were answered. Good luck man & enjoy the system! -Keep your ears healthy

Btw, do NOT ever listen to anyone who says "buy this speaker because they are amazing." -He/she is an idiot for saying that more times than others, especially if nothing else was listed within a post like that including much of the above that I have stated. There are so many variables that need to be taken in account if you want to do it right.... However, if you do not care about getting the most out of your money than go ahead & roll the dice. Speakers are like candy. Each one having its own unique flavor. What may taste good to another may taste sour & like ***** to you.

Sources: Audiophille

Last edited by .17HMR; 03-18-2012 at 03:34 AM.
.17HMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
RobBASS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by .17HMR View Post
Thinking about upgrading the factory speakers?

Why? Any reason in particular?

What factory speakers? Your fronts or rears?

If so, list the parimeters. -Component or coaxial? Size, depth, etc?

If Component, where are the mids & tweets. On or off axis?

^How accustomed are you W/ fabrication? Do you have the option of housing your tweeters in the A-pillars, high up the dash, etc...

Can not believe I forgot to mention this! -Budget?! -Are you including installation within this budget? External amplifiers, sound dampener, noise reduction, etc?

Available wattage?

Lastly, ...any other circumstances? Particular to any specific type of cone material or tweeter composition. -Yes they differ (characteristics, break-ups, etc)

I could give you a better opinion if some of these questions were answered. Good luck man & enjoy the system! -Keep your ears healthy

Btw, do NOT ever listen to anyone who says "buy this speaker because they are amazing." -He/she is an idiot for saying that more times than others, especially if nothing else was listed within a post like that including much of the above that I have stated. There are so many variables that need to be taken in account if you want to do it right.... However, if you do not care about getting the most out of your money than go ahead & roll the dice. Speakers are like candy. Each one having its own unique flavor. What may taste good to another may taste sour & like ***** to you.

Sources: Audiophille
Wow! So many questions I never thought of some of which I have no idea what your talking about...lol. So to answer what I can looking to replace both front and rear. Looking for components in the front would like to mount everything in the factory locations realizing that I'm going to have to cut the factory tweeter location to enable a slightly larger tweeter to fit and will need to run spacers in the door panels to accommodate the larger magnets. Looking for clean highs and mids in the front with some nice clean fill in the rear. I am handy to a point and if I have dimensions of what I'm trying to build I'm sure I could fabricate something.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
JB Subie
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Satin White Pearl

go with the rockford fosgate t 252-s components in the front. i have them in my subie and i kno they are smaller then the oem speaker but they come with an adapter to it'll fit the factory hole. also the are super clean!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
.17HMR
*** Banned ***

Member#: 307335

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBASS View Post
Wow! So many questions I never thought of some of which I have no idea what your talking about...lol. So to answer what I can looking to replace both front and rear. Looking for components in the front would like to mount everything in the factory locations realizing that I'm going to have to cut the factory tweeter location to enable a slightly larger tweeter to fit and will need to run spacers in the door panels to accommodate the larger magnets. Looking for clean highs and mids in the front with some nice clean fill in the rear. I am handy to a point and if I have dimensions of what I'm trying to build I'm sure I could fabricate something.
Ha, read my post over again. ..Budget? Than where are those factory OEM tweeter locations? -You noted you plan on using them. Not all tweeters will sound the best in the same location.

Rear fill? Oh dear, read up. This can be tricky to incorporate correctly.

External amplifier(s)?

Where do you plan on purchasing?
.17HMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
ZGuyNJ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350189
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Metallic Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Subie View Post
go with the rockford fosgate t 252-s components in the front. i have them in my subie and i kno they are smaller then the oem speaker but they come with an adapter to it'll fit the factory hole. also the are super clean!!!
Can you share where did you source the speaker/adaptors from?
ZGuyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote