Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 26, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #876
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Hmmm.. That was unexpected. Thanks for the info though!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #877
Tha Chakal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 372100
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: D.C.
Vehicle:
2013 Premium 5dr CVT
DGM

Default

Yeah man.
Tha Chakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #878
subaru604
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219225
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York City
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
Check this out guys, really expensive but cool

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=151210055696
OMG that's sexy...wish I had the money.
subaru604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #879
subaru604
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219225
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York City
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallowizzle View Post
Hi! I don't go on here very much but I saw someone had kindly posted my car! So here are some pictures to show how it's changed over the seasons. :P Cheers!


What's the 2 things inside the grille?
subaru604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #880
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Greetings, Impreza wheel enthusiasts.

I've currently got a base model, with the 15" steelies. They're wearing Blizzaks at the moment to get me through the snow (I had a very Subaru commute to work this morning). I'd like to get a nice set of 17" aluminum wheels to slap on there come springtime.

I don't want anything excessively flashy. I'd like wheels that look "nice", but not wheels that draw much attention. I'd have some preference for something OEM Subaru of some sort. I'd also have a preference for keeping all dimensions (other than diameter, of course) the same as stock, including offset.

Ideally, I'd like the wheels that come on the limited non-sport Imprezas.

I've also looked at WRX wheels, but the offsets are slightly off from what they are on our cars.

BRZ wheels match our dimensions, but I don't think they look good on our cars.

So, any Limited non-sport drivers selling their wheels? Or does anyone here have any other suggestions?

Last edited by soobie doo; 02-03-2014 at 12:32 PM.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #881
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallowizzle View Post
Hi! I don't go on here very much but I saw someone had kindly posted my car! So here are some pictures to show how it's changed over the seasons. :P Cheers!

Love those gold wheels with the black/grey - I may have to dip my stockers for the summer to try this out!
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #882
Matt4949
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313890
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru604 View Post
What's the 2 things inside the grille?
Supertones bro. Stock horn blows.

Here's mine on the winter steel wheels!

Matt4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #883
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Soobie, I have FRS/BRZ wheels with snows. In PA too. My wagon is also silver. They honestly grow on you over time. If you change your mind on wanting some, let me know. lol
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #884
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
Soobie, I have FRS/BRZ wheels with snows. In PA too. My wagon is also silver. They honestly grow on you over time. If you change your mind on wanting some, let me know. lol
Thanks for your response. I think I may have seen pictures of your car on here.

Personally, I don't think the BRZ wheels look that great on your car. I'd probably prefer it if they were all silver, rather than than some spokes silver and some black.

That's just my personal preference. I'm not trying to knock you or anything, and I'm glad you're happy with them. I'll let you know if I reconsider.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #885
muskokastep
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373442
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Muskoka, Canada
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza GJ

Default

quick question here...
Im going to buy new wheels for my '13 gj this summer...
would i have any fitment issues with 18x9, 5-100, +38 offset and 235/40/18 Tires?
Car is on stock suspension... for now
thanks

Last edited by muskokastep; 02-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.
muskokastep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #886
jspec rsx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321746
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobie doo View Post
Greetings, Impreza wheel enthusiasts.

I've currently got a base model, with the 15" steelies. They're wearing Blizzaks at the moment to get me through the snow (I had a very Subaru commute to work this morning). I'd like to get a nice set of 17" aluminum wheels to slap on there come springtime.

I don't want anything excessively flashy. I'd like wheels that look "nice", but not wheels that draw much attention. I'd have some preference for something OEM Subaru of some sort. I'd also have a preference for keeping all dimensions (other than diameter, of course) the same as stock, including offset.

Ideally, I'd like the wheels that come on the limited non-sport Imprezas.

I've also looked at WRX wheels, but the offsets are slightly off from what they are on our cars.

BRZ wheels match our dimensions, but I don't think they look good on our cars.

So, any Limited non-sport drivers selling their wheels? Or does anyone here have any other suggestions?
If you ever decide going with the Sport Model wheels i have a set that I'm debating on selling 90% thread left on original yoko tires
jspec rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #887
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec rsx View Post
If you ever decide going with the Sport Model wheels i have a set that I'm debating on selling 90% thread left on original yoko tires
Thanks for the offer. I'm not real fond of the gunmetal look, I tend to prefer more of a lighter silver color. It's also worth mentioning that I have absolutely zero interest in a new set of the stock yokos. But I'll let you know if I change my mind.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #888
Tha Chakal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 372100
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: D.C.
Vehicle:
2013 Premium 5dr CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobie doo View Post

Thanks for the offer. I'm not real fond of the gunmetal look, I tend to prefer more of a lighter silver color. It's also worth mentioning that I have absolutely zero interest in a new set of the stock yokos. But I'll let you know if I change my mind.
You could paint them, if color is the only thing holding you back. The sport wheel is actually an older Outback wheel painted gunmetal.
Tha Chakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #889
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobie doo View Post
Thanks for the offer. I'm not real fond of the gunmetal look, I tend to prefer more of a lighter silver color. It's also worth mentioning that I have absolutely zero interest in a new set of the stock yokos. But I'll let you know if I change my mind.
I'm interested in these wheels from jspec actually. If I can afford them, I might be able to part with my stock 17" premium rims if an equally good offer showed up, if that's something you're interested in.
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #890
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bringer View Post
I'm interested in these wheels from jspec actually. If I can afford them, I might be able to part with my stock 17" premium rims if an equally good offer showed up, if that's something you're interested in.
If you end up buying jspec's wheels (or someone else's), send me a PM and some photos. If they're in good shape and you can give them to me at a reasonable price, you'll have yourself a deal.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #891
imprezaowner72
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 372009
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Saugus,Ma
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

Just wonder what the premium rims look like in white on our cars
imprezaowner72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #892
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Really good actually, depending on color of car.

A guy on my IG has the maroon-ish red color on his Sport with white Sport wheels. Looks fantastic.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #893
imprezaowner72
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 372009
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Saugus,Ma
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
Really good actually, depending on color of car.

A guy on my IG has the maroon-ish red color on his Sport with white Sport wheels. Looks fantastic.
Marine blue pearl. I've got matte black on them for winter right now hoping to mix it up in the spring
imprezaowner72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #894
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

White would look real classy.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #895
muskokastep
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373442
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Muskoka, Canada
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza GJ

Default

Hey which offset would you guys reccomend more for my 2013 GJ?
I am a first time wheel-buyer and (to me) both of these options seem like they should work?

+35


or +47
muskokastep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:36 AM   #896
FunkMasta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66985
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Quick Wet Lamb, BC Canada
Vehicle:
2001 2.5RS sold
2012 2.0 Hatch

Default

Not sure about offsets, but I'd run 225/45R17's, speedo and odo with be bang on with that size. And you get a bit more sidewall for ride comfort.
FunkMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #897
muskokastep
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373442
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Muskoka, Canada
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza GJ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasta View Post
Not sure about offsets, but I'd run 225/45R17's, speedo and odo with be bang on with that size. And you get a bit more sidewall for ride comfort.
True, not much difference in looks either. My main concern is offset, though.
I cant see +35 with a 8" wheel having any poke or rubbing issues with a stock ride height.
muskokastep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #898
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

I know I asked this in the main 2012 forum, but since you guys have been focusing on wheels, I figured I'd ask too. What's a good offset to run on this car with stock suspension? I'm looking at some wheels with 45 offset and some with 40. I can't see 45 having any issue but is 40 too far out?
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #899
jspec rsx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321746
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bringer View Post
I know I asked this in the main 2012 forum, but since you guys have been focusing on wheels, I figured I'd ask too. What's a good offset to run on this car with stock suspension? I'm looking at some wheels with 45 offset and some with 40. I can't see 45 having any issue but is 40 too far out?

It's all going to depend on how wide of a wheel you are getting also, but in general +40 will not be too far out, it will probably look better than +45 since itll be more flush w/ the fender giving it a more agressive stance
jspec rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #900
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec rsx View Post
It's all going to depend on how wide of a wheel you are getting also, but in general +40 will not be too far out, it will probably look better than +45 since itll be more flush w/ the fender giving it a more agressive stance
Well, it's going to be 17x7.5 or 17x7. Would those work on +40?
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.