Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #151
Ultravan Owners
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357050

In the 80’s in Boulder, CO almost everyone had a Subaru. You could not look around without seeing them.
I'm a mechanic and when I lived there I worked on them a lot. At some point I moved back east and got back into fleet service work and opened my own business taking care of fleet maintenance and repairs. Some time later; I met a lovely Canadian lady and she twisted my arm to move up here and get married again.

I’m retired and have not worked on a Subaru in almost 20 years that I can think of. But then again, at my age and with head injuries, what do I really recall. GGG
Right now I’m working out the details, trying to learn as much as I can, for my own Subaru conversion project into a non Subaru. It is going to be a mid-engine using everything needed from a donor Subaru to complete the project..

Keep enjoying your Subaru.
Tony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ultravan Owners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #152
Angry Outcast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320601
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Was given a ride with one of the rally drivers back in the early 2000's. He was a friend of a friend and drove his practice car up for a visit. When you experience that much all wheel power with that level of skill behind the wheel you cant help but fall in love.....or lust......or whatever. Wanted one from that day on.
Angry Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #153
chadwickog
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310912
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 rs
BRP

In college, my 04 crapalier was hit while parked on the street by a drunk driver who didn't have insurance.

The only car I could afford was a modded 01 impreza RS at the local used dealership, so I bought it. I've put so much work into it how I'm not sure how I could ever sell it.
chadwickog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #154
Zumiez87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 206481
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI
Silver

When i was 12 or 13 a guy a couple blocks from me had as i put it "a super fast black car with gold wheels" and thats all i knew it as. By the time i was 14 i was looking at/really getting into cars and realized he had a wrx. So in 2004 when i got my licence the only thing i wanted was, obviously a brand new sti. Hahahahahaha. Didnt happen. A 17 year old cant afford that on a dominos salary. Got a dodge ram instead cause mom said i would be safer. But ever since then i wanted a subaru and then 2 months ago i finally was able to afford my first one. Waited 9 years to get my sti. But got it!
Zumiez87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #155
floods
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337069
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
SWP

Used to be really into cars, but due to college, time, finances, put it on the shelf. My college car died literally the day after I graduated, so I bought a modest "sporty" car (03 Matrix XRS). Paid that car off and got the new car bug after some friends leased new cars. Looked at my finances and what I was willing to spend... And happened to spot a wrx and though, "hey, that looks pretty damn cool." Started researching and now I'm an owner!

But The real reason that I own a wrx is that, though I'm 32, the car brings out the inner child in me that likes to play. There's something a little boyish and obnoxious about the car that I enjoy, but can justify because its a sedan.
floods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #156
BeefCurtains64
*** Banned ***

Member#: 251257
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
12 WRX

when i was 10, i wanted a car with AWD just ..... because!!!!

Anyway, my logic as a 10 years old was .... AWD like a truck but more of a car. So online i went w/ AOL, spend hours and days and weeks and months researching on a 10 minutes per page loading (sometimes, i would have to disconnect for family to use the telephone line... yeah good times)

Anyway, search for AWD car and it only comes out to Audis, subarus, and porsche, and some other trucks and whatever crap i dont remember. So i search more and more and realise that, realistically, i can only afford Subaru at at young age (audi are always breaking down and super expensive) and Porsche when i get older so....

Subaru NOW, Porsche here in 4 years ....
BeefCurtains64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #157
JasonToo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 355960
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

Mom had a Subaru Justy Turbo back in the day. I loved it.

Best friends dad, way back when I was in middle school, used to watch bootleg VHS tapes of WRC. I became a Subaru fan from there.
JasonToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #158
SubieSnacks02
*** Banned ***

Member#: 323545
Vehicle:
Old Racekorrrrr!
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Outcast View Post
Was given a ride with one of the rally drivers back in the early 2000's. He was a friend of a friend and drove his practice car up for a visit. When you experience that much all wheel power with that level of skill behind the wheel you cant help but fall in love.....or lust......or whatever. Wanted one from that day on.
Going through trails and just rocks and dirt and going crazy is so awesome
SubieSnacks02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #159
i_c_the_light
Scooby Guru

Member#: 88618
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy
"The Silver Slug"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonToo
Mom had a Subaru Justy Turbo back in the day. I loved it.

Best friends dad, way back when I was in middle school, used to watch bootleg VHS tapes of WRC. I became a Subaru fan from there.
404: OEM turbo Justy not found.
i_c_the_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #160
SubieSnacks02
*** Banned ***

Vehicle:
Old Racekorrrrr!
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumiez87 View Post
When i was 12 or 13 a guy a couple blocks from me had as i put it "a super fast black car with gold wheels" and thats all i knew it as. By the time i was 14 i was looking at/really getting into cars and realized he had a wrx. So in 2004 when i got my licence the only thing i wanted was, obviously a brand new sti. Hahahahahaha. Didnt happen. A 17 year old cant afford that on a dominos salary. Got a dodge ram instead cause mom said i would be safer. But ever since then i wanted a subaru and then 2 months ago i finally was able to afford my first one. Waited 9 years to get my sti. But got it!
I came across Subarus when I was like 3 playin gran turismo on playstation 1 lol, I always knew about them and wanted one but kinda forgot about em until my brother mentioned to me in the winter an old rs with a Wrx swap.. Then I bought my bugeye that summer lol
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #161
Angry Outcast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320601
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieSnacks02 View Post
Going through trails and just rocks and dirt and going crazy is so awesome
Sadly didnt get to experience much dirt with him, but I did get some 90-100 mph sideways on ramp action with a little curvy dirt road and more pavement action. It was insane the way he tossed the car around. He said it was around 800-900 crank hp if I remember right. Whatever it was, it was breath taking fast and blew all 4 tires off through 3rd gear!
Angry Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #162
44r0nm4n
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 313693
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-Door
OBP

Subaru seemed to have had the least expensive cars with highly reputable AWD systems at the time I was in the market for a new car.
44r0nm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #163
JasonToo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 355960
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_c_the_light View Post
404: OEM turbo Justy not found.
Maybe it wasn't the Justy then. Thing looked like a door wedge.
JasonToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #164
MA_Boxer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357486
Chapter/Region: NESIC

Since I was a kid I went nuts about the 04 STi and through high school as well, but never had the money for one. Fast forward to now, I'm 22, and suddenly I get that urge for that Subaru rumble and boost in general. So I got in my car this morning, drove to a dealer, and picked up an 2013 wrx love it.
One life to live might as well enjoy it.

I got into a lot of arguments with other guys at school about the whole STi vs EVO thing. Things got intense lol
MA_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #165
smcginnis87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350229
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

I got in to the Subaru world because my friends have them. I was in the market for a new car and I wanted something with room, power and fun... it seemed to be the only one that checked all the boxes and for the price..
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #166
Subaru4evs93
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332958
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
1996 Rx impreza
Red

When I was in school around about year 10/11 I started falling in love with subaru's, I don't know how or why as no one I knew had one and I didn't know anything about cars then......it was just I saw a photo of a 2004 sti and everything made sense.

When It came to buying a car 2 years later I knew what I wanted but money was holding me back so I was looking at some cheap utes and other small cars then if by magic my dream car was for sale on Gumtree (Aus version of Craiglist) and I could afford it before what I didn't realise is the Subaru's I was looking at were the Wrx's and Sti's and I didn't even think there were N/A so I assumed I couldn't afford a Subi.

So this N/A 1996 Subaru Impreza Rx with faded paint,scratches and dings was my journey into the world of Subaru and I could not be happier as this car (and myself) have been on one hell of a journey so far and with it now being converted to an Sti there will be much more fun ahead
Subaru4evs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #167
CanadianImprezaSTi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 312159
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Blue

Had a 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with a turbo swap, dsmlink etc etc for a while (best car I've ever owned) and driving 110km/h through on my way to a party in BC a deer ran into the side of my fender and came up onto my windshield/A-pillar. Car saved my life, I ended up with a minor cut from broken glass and that is it.

I searched and searched for a clean one but never could find one and needed a car. Bought an 04 WRX that was modded a bit not knowing much about subarus and I really enjoyed it even though it blew up. Rebuilt it and had a blast doing so. Had to sell for school . Next car will likely be an 07 Sti if I can find a clean enough one.

Joel
CanadianImprezaSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #168
i_c_the_light
Scooby Guru

Member#: 88618
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy
"The Silver Slug"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonToo

Maybe it wasn't the Justy then. Thing looked like a door wedge.
That would be the Vortex.
i_c_the_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #169
PlasticWrap
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 356418
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2012 STI Limited
White

Always have been into cars. Especially in the days of NEed for speed underground, Before I could even own a car haha. But anyway yeah being from Alaska I never really saw myself owning a car so I was looking for trucks. Just before I bought my STI last year I was looking for trucks, dodge, Toyota, Ford ect. Came across a Ford Raptor I was pretty close to buying. While cruising between dealerships I happened to pass by a subaru dealership and thought "what the hell lets go check it out". Sat inside a silver STI hatch and fell in love immediately. That's when I restarted my search for a new vehicle. I looked at Audis, Evos, other subarus. I must say it was a TOUGH choice between the STI and the EVO X. Both look amazing, both sound great, both have great AWD, both have pretty much the same power. I just couldn't bring myself to buying the EVO for some reason so after some time I went back to subaru talked to them looked at a 2012 SWP STI Limited Sedan....took it home the next day. I still get just as excited to drive it to this day as I was when I first bought it.
PlasticWrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #170
MPSubie06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321626
Vehicle:
06 WRX

Always love the sound of those boxer motors. You can tell from miles away a wrx/sti is coming.
MPSubie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #171
creeepy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 240466
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2005 sti
silver

I've owned lots of hondas and always modded them. I'm a very picky and investigative person when either buying a car it choosing an upgrade. I always investigate. I remember hearing about the 03 wrx and it seemed so interesting. When I had my current 99 civic with the b18c swap and 50 shot it nitrous as far as I wanted to take it I found my 05 sti. I was sheer love and euphoria. Such a well engineered and well built machine. Well I totaled that car 2 mother ago. I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into that car. But insurance gave me a nice payout and I got a 2013 sti I really miss the performance of my 05 sti but I'm looking at my 2013 and drooling at the possibilities. SIDE NOTE. I totaled my 05 and my son and I walked away unharmed. Just another testement Subaru
creeepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #172
SubieSnacks02
*** Banned ***

Vehicle:
Old Racekorrrrr!
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA_Boxer View Post
Since I was a kid I went nuts about the 04 STi and through high school as well, but never had the money for one. Fast forward to now, I'm 22, and suddenly I get that urge for that Subaru rumble and boost in general. So I got in my car this morning, drove to a dealer, and picked up an 2013 wrx love it.
One life to live might as well enjoy it.

I got into a lot of arguments with other guys at school about the whole STi vs EVO thing. Things got intense lol
Congrats
Old 05-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #173
SubieSnacks02
*** Banned ***

Vehicle:
Old Racekorrrrr!
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeepy View Post
I've owned lots of hondas and always modded them. I'm a very picky and investigative person when either buying a car it choosing an upgrade. I always investigate. I remember hearing about the 03 wrx and it seemed so interesting. When I had my current 99 civic with the b18c swap and 50 shot it nitrous as far as I wanted to take it I found my 05 sti. I was sheer love and euphoria. Such a well engineered and well built machine. Well I totaled that car 2 mother ago. I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into that car. But insurance gave me a nice payout and I got a 2013 sti I really miss the performance of my 05 sti but I'm looking at my 2013 and drooling at the possibilities. SIDE NOTE. I totaled my 05 and my son and I walked away unharmed. Just another testement Subaru
Just be happy u and your son are safe dude. I was In the car when my friend totaled my bugeye. 100mph into a gate, spun out and I'm still fixing it. Walked away with no scratches or nothing, just a headache and in total shock. Only liability insurance too
Old 05-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #174
Babelyy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325946
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX, ALLBLACK

Stationed in italy for a year carless after selling my 05 Z. Got italian gf prego decided on 06 rex for 4door and safety fun, when i came back with her. Lost son at 7 months, had a racaro baby seat ready just for ****s, sold it.
Babelyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #175
maggion31
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340753
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 STI + 2006 WRX
Ice Silver + WRB

2005 Boston Auto show at the expo center. I was walking around and the new 2006 STI was sitting there in WRB. I looked it over and got in and felt this was the car I HAD to own. Being 17 at time i couldn't quite afford it or justify having all that power being such a young and inexperienced driver so I traded in my 01 Volvo wagon and purchased my 2006 WRX in WRB and loved it ever since. In April 2012 it came time to search for a new car. I looked at everything but every car I liked had the age old problem of not fast enough or too expensive and I finally test drove a new 2012 STI sedan and fell in love with subaru all over again!
maggion31 is offline   Reply With Quote