Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Mariolemite
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341616
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Blue

Default Constant clicking under shifter when driving

04 WRX

So a little while ago I got in my car, started it up & started driving & I noticed as soon as I started to move I heard a slow clicking sound from underneath my shifter. As I drove faster, the clicking got faster. As I came to a stop, it slowed down and stopped. Is there something stuck to my driveshaft or what? I have no idea what this could be. Someone please help!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mariolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
PhotoREX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 180193
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 Impreza WRX
OBP

Maybe you ran something over. Check your tranny fluid level on flat ground. 5 speed or auto? Also this could be your loose shifter bushings jut vibrating. My 02 wrx always did it in 3rd gear
PhotoREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

clicking usually means bad things

if it isnt something simple like a rock or something stuck in a tire.....it may be a broken gear in the transmission....'clicking' is the tell
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Mariolemite
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Blue

It's a 5 speed. My transmission levels are where they should be. I don't think my gears are messed up cause it still runs strong. Like it literally sounds like when you would put a playing card on the spoke of your bicycle wheel.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Mariolemite
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Blue

So I found out the problem. The idiot who owned the car before me had set up under glow & zipties were hitting the driveshaft. Lol. Thanks for the help though
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
jdmforrealz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345274

Probably not the answer you are going to want to hear but could be anything from a CV axle to an internal issue within the transmission. I would start out by checking for rocks in the tires as thats what happened to me and I could only hear it with my window down driving between buildings.
jdmforrealz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
jdmforrealz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345274

I didnt read your most recent post that you fixed the problem, glad to hear ! Cheers.
jdmforrealz is offline   Reply With Quote