Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
W3Anderson
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333427
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
World rally blue

Default Looking for a good head unit

Hey fellow scoobies I am looking for a good head unit I have a 2002 Wrx that I have a pioneer avhp-2400bt I love it. In my Harley Davidson f150 I have an old AVCI -n1 also love it. I have just found an 2004 Sti bone stock with less than 68k on it that I am going to replace the dead unit in the thing I like about the n1 is that I will show rpm boost speed etc. I would like to find one that does the same as well as auido/video from iPhone like the avhp-2400bt. I use a wireless hd from Seagate for movies but it has to go thru the iPhone or I pad. Thanks for all your help guys
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
W3Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
logicalhare
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350839

I don't know of an integrated stereo/engine performance unit, but Zeitronix makes data acquisition units and controllers that you may be able to connect to certain head units:

http://www.zeitronix.com/index.html

It looks like to me that most of the stereo/engine performance boxes are OEM or perhaps there are some custom solutions out there that may take a little longer to find. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone can help you out.
logicalhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
1oldman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325505
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Crystal Black Silica

I would look at the Pioneer AVH line of DVD recievers
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU.../DVD-Receivers
One of them surely will meet your needs.
1oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
tronyony
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349527
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3Anderson View Post
Hey fellow scoobies I am looking for a good head unit I have a 2002 Wrx that I have a pioneer avhp-2400bt I love it. In my Harley Davidson f150 I have an old AVCI -n1 also love it. I have just found an 2004 Sti bone stock with less than 68k on it that I am going to replace the dead unit in the thing I like about the n1 is that I will show rpm boost speed etc. I would like to find one that does the same as well as auido/video from iPhone like the avhp-2400bt. I use a wireless hd from Seagate for movies but it has to go thru the iPhone or I pad. Thanks for all your help guys
I have had the appradio 2 for a while now. To me it's a good head unit. Doesn't do discs but all my music/video is on my iPhone anyway. I had this in my 02 HD F150 and pulled it when I sold my truck and put it in the Subie. looks very clean in there. You can get the app "dash command" and the wifi obd2
Wifi Obd2 Elm327 Car Code Reader for Iphone Ipod Touch Ipad : Amazon.com : AutomotiveWifi Obd2 Elm327 Car Code Reader for Iphone Ipod Touch Ipad : Amazon.com : Automotive
and it will display what you're looking for.

Tony
tronyony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
W3Anderson
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
World rally blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronyony View Post

I have had the appradio 2 for a while now. To me it's a good head unit. Doesn't do discs but all my music/video is on my iPhone anyway. I had this in my 02 HD F150 and pulled it when I sold my truck and put it in the Subie. looks very clean in there. You can get the app "dash command" and the wifi obd2 Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M16GMI/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it will display what you're looking for.

Tony
Does it mirror the iPhone when plugged In. I keep all my movies on a separate wireless hard-drive
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
tronyony
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349527
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3Anderson View Post
Does it mirror the iPhone when plugged In. I keep all my movies on a separate wireless hard-drive
No it doesn't. I hear it can with android but it doesn't with iPhone.
tronyony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
danbolsom
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 256898
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited 6MT
World Rally Blue

i have a pioneer avic x940bt and its GREAT!!! no complaints at all
danbolsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
fu5i0n
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350137
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

^^ second that
fu5i0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
D-Impreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280342
Vehicle:

The x940bt is the unit I wanted but not sure how it will work with my iPhone 5. It looks like it will work but might only work with additional wiring....I wish it would be fixed with software update instead. I hope I'm wrong I've been meaning to call pioneer to ask.
I still don't understand why pioneer came out with new units without a volume knob.
D-Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
njandy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350951

i like alpines myself. they have alot of add on options that you can get with their radios. you can have it with all the bells and whistles or just a radio. good for different budgets.
njandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #11
W3Anderson
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
World rally blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronyony View Post

No it doesn't. I hear it can with android but it doesn't with iPhone.
Will it play video via safari? There is a web option while connected to it. If you guys are interested in the hard drive it is a seagate goflex satellite.