Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #26
jam007
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 174706
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Camarillo, California
Vehicle:
2004 WRX V8 EJ207
6MT, 08 Spec B

Default

It'll buff out. Sorry had to say it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #27
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

It was a sad day.
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #28
esteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28716
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

What a shame in so many ways. It doesn't seem appropriate to ask now but did you get to take the car out on some fun runs in those 4 days?

Hopefully the frame damage isn't too severe (doesn't look like it from the pic) and on the bright side, at least your friend won't have to live with any bondo on the body panels.
esteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #29
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteve View Post
What a shame in so many ways. It doesn't seem appropriate to ask now but did you get to take the car out on some fun runs in those 4 days?

Hopefully the frame damage isn't too severe (doesn't look like it from the pic) and on the bright side, at least your friend won't have to live with any bondo on the body panels.
I wish! I drove it across the street to take some pictures and that's it. Don't feel sorry for him, he has a garage queen M6 he can DD. Merc is being sold soon anyways, a new M5/M6 grand coupe are potentials.
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #30
esteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28716
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post

I wish! I drove it across the street to take some pictures and that's it. Don't feel sorry for him, he has a garage queen M6 he can DD. Merc is being sold soon anyways, a new M5/M6 grand coupe are potentials.
Cool, I bet he'll miss the music from the 6.3L though. No need to pipe in fake exhaust sounds through the speakers with that bad boy.
esteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
All4bSpinnin
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 99102
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jax, FL
Vehicle:
08 Corvette Z06
problem Traction?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post
I wish! I drove it across the street to take some pictures and that's it. Don't feel sorry for him, he has a garage queen M6 he can DD. Merc is being sold soon anyways, a new M5/M6 grand coupe are potentials.
DONT DO IT... stay with the benz man! trust me
All4bSpinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #32
Infantry209
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266895
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, AZ
Vehicle:
2007 STi #606
UGM

Default

Those 6.2 L motors are monsters. I can't believe I sold my 07. But they get very problematic after warranty.
Infantry209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #33
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteve View Post
Cool, I bet he'll miss the music from the 6.3L though. No need to pipe in fake exhaust sounds through the speakers with that bad boy.
He has some race exhaust on the M6, I don't know what it is but the thing is so fricken loud. Imagine an F1 car


Quote:
Originally Posted by All4bSpinnin View Post
DONT DO IT... stay with the benz man! trust me
I wish he would too, I think the E63 looks so aggressive for a merc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantry209 View Post
Those 6.2 L motors are monsters. I can't believe I sold my 07. But they get very problematic after warranty.
It sounds like a beast, everytime I'd start it up I'd...







haha
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #34
mbfinatic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346464
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Va
Vehicle:
2004 STI
WRB

Default

Sad to see. I loved my AMG back in the day..
mbfinatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

After a very long stay at the body shop it's alive!!

Getting its welcome home bath. I love washing cars with "hydrophobic" sealants, water flies right off the paint making drying a breeze.



Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #36
subyhatch05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296700
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: 203
Vehicle:
1999 rs
blue steel mica

Default

damn that is a long stay, know why it took so long?
subyhatch05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #37
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyhatch05 View Post
damn that is a long stay, know why it took so long?


Not sure, the work seems on point though. Personally I'd rather have it take a month longer than have them return it half-assed like some body shops.
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #38
subyhatch05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296700
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: 203
Vehicle:
1999 rs
blue steel mica

Default

yeah understandable, but 2 months?!?!?!? thats craaaazy
subyhatch05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
esteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28716
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

Sometimes there are parts availability issues that are out of the body shop's control, especially with special edition models like the AMG. This car has a crapload of AMG-specific coolers in the front end for just about everything, who knows maybe some parts were on backorder from Germany. I've seen the exhaust for a S63 be on backorder for over a month.

So Cobrakai, is your friend still going to sell the car or has he reconsidered?
esteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #40
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteve View Post
Somtimes there are parts availability issues that are out of the body shop's control, especially with special edition models like the AMG. I know this car has a crapload of AMG-specific coolers in the front end for just about everything, who knows maybe some parts were on backorder from Germany. I've seen the exhaust for a S63 be on backorder for over a month.

So Cobrakai, is your friend going to sell the car or has he reconsidered?

Against my will (like it matters) he has decided to sell the car for either an M6 Gran Coupe, or the new M5 in Frozen Silver.

I'm trying to talk him out of the Frozen Silver, for a daily driver that's a horrible choice unless you clear bra the entire car.
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #41
esteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28716
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post

Against my will (like it matters) he has decided to sell the car for either an M6 Gran Coupe, or the new M5 in Frozen Silver.

I'm trying to talk him out of the Frozen Silver, for a daily driver that's a horrible choice unless you clear bra the entire car.
Wow, what a sweet choice of cars...can't really go wrong with any of them! I've seen a few M5s and what a gorgeous car but the body lines of the 6 are hard to beat. As far as character of the motor, I think the E63 wins hands down with that raspy bark of an exhaust note.

I would've thought silver would be a good color for a DD? Anything but black basically.
esteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #42
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteve View Post
Wow, what a sweet choice of cars...can't really go wrong with any of them! I've seen a few M5s and what a gorgeous car but the body lines of the 6 are hard to beat. As far as character of the motor, I think the E63 wins hands down with that raspy bark of an exhaust note.

I would've thought silver would be a good color for a DD? Anything but black basically.
It's a matte silver, so all normal car care goes out the window and if you get a scratch get ready to bend over and have it resprayed.
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #43
esteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28716
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post
It's a matte silver, so all normal car care goes out the window and if you get a scratch get ready to bend over and have it resprayed.
That's a very interesting color, it has the look of a vinyl wrap. There's a member, rsutton, who had his WRX painted a similar color (AMG matte silver). I'm assuming Opti-Coating it wouldn't be a good idea since it'll add gloss and basically defeat the purpose of getting the frozen color in the first place.
esteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #44
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteve View Post
That's a very interesting color, it has the look of a vinyl wrap. There's a member, rsutton, who had his WRX painted a similar color (AMG matte silver). I'm assuming Opti-Coating it wouldn't be a good idea since it'll add gloss and basically defeat the purpose of getting the frozen color in the first place.
I don't think the Opti-Coat would add too much gloss, but it might be a noticeable difference. After having his BMW coated for the past year he's pretty much sold on OC 2.0 for his next car regardless of the color.
Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #45
Cobrakai
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176408
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Forest With Lakes
Vehicle:
2006 Acura TSX
Black

Default

Was going through my storage hard-drive and found some more shots of this car, don't know why I didn't add a second post with more shots. I really miss working on this car, was so bad ass looking.










Cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #46
Gallo2011
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 268310
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Kali
Vehicle:
2011 SSM STI saloon
Church!

Default

Accident or no accident, I would have kept that car. Damn!
Gallo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #47
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

dam ! if it wasn't for winters in NEW York I would of purchased one .
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #48
Laexreme5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315264
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slidell, LA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
SWP

Default

eeekk the orange peel in that third shot. paint correction looks great but it just makes the factory orange peel stand out even more.
Laexreme5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #49
Oluf
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 391856
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Good job
Oluf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.