Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
MAK0511
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315366
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
WRB

Rally Stuff new build ideas

IM building my first subie and i was looking for some input on some stuff i want to do the following mods to my 2004 wrx i already have an access port invidia turbo back exhaust and cobb cold air intake cobb short throw shifter and drop springs that were on it when i bought it. heres my list so far.
raceland coilovers
full perrin swaybar kit f&r 25 mm bars f&r xd endlinks with stout mounts and perrins positive steering response system.
a new clutch ( disc and plate ) havent decided what yet
cosworth cold air intake
perrin fmic
bigger rotated turbo kit havent decided what yet
5050 turbo xs bov
either brembo or willwood brakes as big as i can go on 18s
1000cc bosch injectors and new fuel lines
deschwerks fp
eventually i wanna do an 06 2.5 sti swap and an 06 6 speed tranny swap as well. any thoughts or suggestions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MAK0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
SuperScubi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233407
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kirkland, WA
Vehicle:
2004 Aspen White STi
DomTune380.5whp/415.8torq

Default

what are your goals? what are you trying to build your WRX to do?

the raceland coilovers are crap. get some bc racing coilovers.

do you realize what it actually takes to run a rotated turbo? you need to go read threads on builds in the proven power section

FYI... im pulling my perrin fmic off my STi in Aug if you're interested in buying it then. there's nothing wrong with it. i was just able to pick up an APS fmic instead, so im swapping them out.
SuperScubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
JRach
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78075
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: North Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
98' SF5 STI
93' GF8 (rally)

Default

Some basic things to consider before a few other items on your list...

TGV delete
additional fuel needs (fpr, fuel rails)
intake/turbo inlet will change if you go rotated.

don't get hung up on certain brand names.
JRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
stevejones19
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 275250
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Lacey, WA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
White

Default

Isn't BC just a step above raceland? I've always HEARD they were good enough for going real low, but not a real awesome coilover. And why the massive brakes? Have you really maxed the potential stopping power of what you have? There is a great stickie in that part of the forum that is a great read before spending thousands on new brakes.
stevejones19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
kuneefay
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 266477
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Olympia, WA
Vehicle:
1996 F-250 7.3L
White

Default

Save money and do your swap first. People wont like to buy an over worked engine with low compression numbers and a bad tranny. The cosworth intake is a bit much if you already have a Cobb. And handling should come before anything else no sense in having a stupid amount of power for a car that isn't capable of holding its composure.
kuneefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Chesh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284935
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bremerton, WA
Vehicle:
2004 STi Stage __
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuneefay View Post
And handling should come before anything else no sense in having a stupid amount of power for a car that isn't capable of holding its composure.
I couldn't agree more. Don't skimp on coilovers. If you're paying $1000 for something that's ok quality paying $1500 for something that's high quality will save you money long term and you'll get better performance. I have the 25mm swaybars, end links, and stout mounts (not exactly needed for our year, but not a bad idea). That was the best use of my money on my car so far. Biggest improvement by far.
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
larrycox3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301016
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: wa
Vehicle:
04 Impreza WRX STi
black

Default

Aluminum Radiator, tgv deletes, lightweight pulleys, accessport, AOS, BCS
larrycox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
kuneefay
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 266477
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Olympia, WA
Vehicle:
1996 F-250 7.3L
White

Default

Apexi is a good option for a $1100 dollar set that have great adjustability and great performance for the price. Obviously ohlins and bilstein are fantastic but unless you can find a good used set you'll be paying a good amount over that $1k mark.
kuneefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
Chesh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284935
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bremerton, WA
Vehicle:
2004 STi Stage __
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuneefay View Post
Apexi is a good option for a $1100 dollar set that have great adjustability and great performance for the price. Obviously ohlins and bilstein are fantastic but unless you can find a good used set you'll be paying a good amount over that $1k mark.
Double that.

*sigh* Worth it... Worth it... Worth it...?
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #10
wrX-MEN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330488
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PacificNW
Vehicle:
03 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScubi View Post
what are your goals? what are you trying to build your WRX to do?

the raceland coilovers are crap. get some bc racing coilovers.

do you realize what it actually takes to run a rotated turbo? you need to go read threads on builds in the proven power section

FYI... im pulling my perrin fmic off my STi in Aug if you're interested in buying it then. there's nothing wrong with it. i was just able to pick up an APS fmic instead, so im swapping them out.
I'm not hijacking the thread but, I'm interested on your FMIC when you take it out on August
wrX-MEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #11
wrX-MEN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330488
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PacificNW
Vehicle:
03 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK0511 View Post
IM building my first subie and i was looking for some input on some stuff i want to do the following mods to my 2004 wrx i already have an access port invidia turbo back exhaust and cobb cold air intake cobb short throw shifter and drop springs that were on it when i bought it. heres my list so far.
raceland coilovers
full perrin swaybar kit f&r 25 mm bars f&r xd endlinks with stout mounts and perrins positive steering response system.
a new clutch ( disc and plate ) havent decided what yet
cosworth cold air intake
perrin fmic
bigger rotated turbo kit havent decided what yet
5050 turbo xs bov
either brembo or willwood brakes as big as i can go on 18s
1000cc bosch injectors and new fuel lines
deschwerks fp
eventually i wanna do an 06 2.5 sti swap and an 06 6 speed tranny swap as well. any thoughts or suggestions?
Goals and background of the car would be helpful. Giving us those info will be a good start so we an give you some tips.

first suggestion is talk to a tuner so he can give you a path to a goal you want for the car.
wrX-MEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
hillsboro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84823
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
11 STI
05 Outback XT

Default

Do some research on modding suspension. Putting on the biggest sway bars you can get is not necessarily a good thing. What coil overs you have/get should affect sway bar choice.

That's also a lot of engine mods for an 8 year old car. I imagine it has quite a few miles.

Last edited by hillsboro; 04-18-2013 at 08:44 PM.
hillsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.