Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
bryannako
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322016
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, Ca
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Gray

Default Borla Replicas

Quick question is this header uel? I have a 07 2.5i and like everyone else I'm trying to put uel s on my 2.5i together that boxer rumble.


Really appreciate the help
Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bryannako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
bryannako
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322016
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, Ca
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Gray

Default

bryannako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Rudgers73
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 141433
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Obsidian Black

Default

That is a borla or borla rep. It is UEL. And it will not fit your car without problems
Rudgers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
smokeater30
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340939
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Wilmington NC
Vehicle:
2002 Swapped RS
Pure White

Default

Agree with ^, I bought a borla rep for my Bugeye and had horrible issues with fitting it. The flange was clocked a degree or two and was almost an a half inch too narrow and wouldn't even mate up to the heads until I cut it and remeasured. The front tube which routes the exhaust from the passenger side head was not long enough to line the flanges up. Luckily I have a great shop here in town that was able to weld it on the cheap.
smokeater30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Rudgers73
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 141433
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeater30 View Post
Agree with ^, I bought a borla rep for my Bugeye and had horrible issues with fitting it. The flange was clocked a degree or two and was almost an a half inch too narrow and wouldn't even mate up to the heads until I cut it and remeasured. The front tube which routes the exhaust from the passenger side head was not long enough to line the flanges up. Luckily I have a great shop here in town that was able to weld it on the cheap.
Well, I didn't mean that it would be a crappy fit. I meant that it won't mate to your cat pipe because you drive an 06-07 and the 2.5 headers that are around (other than the Rallisport UEL) stopped fitting in 05.

You could swap out the cat section with one off of an older one but then you'll have Check engine lights bc the placement of the sensor and the second converter play more of a part on the 06-07 models.
Rudgers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
ResidentR
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 281656
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Centreville, VA
Vehicle:
2001 White Toyota
Sienna

Default

Might need to stretch it and user a prybar a bit to get it in place, but I had one on my outback just like that that I quite liked. Enjoy! It is UEL and you will get the nice rumbly sound if that's what you are going for.
ResidentR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
bryannako
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322016
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, Ca
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Gray

Default

Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it!
bryannako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
bryannako
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322016
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, Ca
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Gray

Default

One more question, this could be a really dumb one but I'll just go for it.


So I'm thinking about using these borla replica headers, 05rs cat pipe and then could I use the 06-07 sti cat back with it? Or what cat back is recommended?

Last edited by bryannako; 05-01-2013 at 09:56 PM.
bryannako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
ScoobyDrift
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315446
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trinidad
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza 2.5L

Default

With the Sti Cat back you will loose torque/low end power but will gain high end power, with the RS Cat pipe and resonator you should be fine.
ScoobyDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
laxaholic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338950
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Georgia
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Aspen White

Default

I have an 06 2.5i 5spd. How could I give my little Subaru that boxer rumble??
laxaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
PA-Outback2000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161832
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Limited
Black

Default

stromung from boxer4racing.com sounds great!

RS cat pipe meaning an older-style OEM cat or aftermarket?
PA-Outback2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
RallyB
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294247
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza

Default

If u can wait 3 months the rallisportracing uel's are awesome
RallyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
smokeater30
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340939
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Wilmington NC
Vehicle:
2002 Swapped RS
Pure White

Default

My apologies Rudgers73, I wasn't reading that in context. I also was not aware that they made that many changes to the exhaust system when the re styled the car.
smokeater30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #14
jamesonp16
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347149
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 impreza 2.5
red

Default

id go with the rallisport headers honestly, im getting them for my 07. i know some people dont want to wait like 2 months for them but in my opinion they are worth it. cost wise you will end up paying the about the same if you buy borla's and have them modified to fot the 06-07. if you buy the rallisport sports they are made to fit our cars, they have a built in high flow cat so you wont get CEL, you dont need to drill holes for your o2 sensors or worry about relocating them, best part is the rallisport headers are direct bolt on. no modification, you can install them yourself. borlas have the reputation to crack and have problems (from what hear) the customer service at rallisport is awesome, if there are any problems with the header or they have a defect they will pay for shipping on them and send you a new set. Honestly for our year car i think rallisport is the way to go!!! but obviously that choice is up to you

hope this helped! be sure to check the rallisport threads if you want some more info and customer feedback..... not to mention they sound amazing
jamesonp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #15
klaus_b2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318411
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: North Carolina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryannako View Post
One more question, this could be a really dumb one but I'll just go for it.


So I'm thinking about using these borla replica headers, 05rs cat pipe and then could I use the 06-07 sti cat back with it? Or what cat back is recommended?
to complete your set up, youll need an 05 cat pipe like you said and a mid pipe + axle back...or catback exhaust, either or..
klaus_b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
Bubakanush
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 209975
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Egg Harbor Twp, South Jersey
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
SGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesonp16 View Post
id go with the rallisport headers honestly, im getting them for my 07. i know some people dont want to wait like 2 months for them but in my opinion they are worth it. cost wise you will end up paying the about the same if you buy borla's and have them modified to fot the 06-07. if you buy the rallisport sports they are made to fit our cars, they have a built in high flow cat so you wont get CEL, you dont need to drill holes for your o2 sensors or worry about relocating them, best part is the rallisport headers are direct bolt on. no modification, you can install them yourself. borlas have the reputation to crack and have problems (from what hear) the customer service at rallisport is awesome, if there are any problems with the header or they have a defect they will pay for shipping on them and send you a new set. Honestly for our year car i think rallisport is the way to go!!! but obviously that choice is up to you

hope this helped! be sure to check the rallisport threads if you want some more info and customer feedback..... not to mention they sound amazing
I think I'll be doing this as well. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and go ahead and buy the rallisport UEL headers. Hopefully I can have them on by the end of summer! And I'm most likely going to replace my catback as well. Currently have an 06 STI catback on my 06 2.5i but I really don't think it will bring out the most of the UEL's. Gonna try and get an n1 or something of that nature
Bubakanush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #17
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubakanush View Post

I think I'll be doing this as well. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and go ahead and buy the rallisport UEL headers. Hopefully I can have them on by the end of summer! And I'm most likely going to replace my catback as well. Currently have an 06 STI catback on my 06 2.5i but I really don't think it will bring out the most of the UEL's. Gonna try and get an n1 or something of that nature
You wont be disappointed :P guaranteed.
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.