Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
Plasmabluewrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318280
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteststi View Post
I ordered a 2014 PBP STI 5D on 5/16. ~$2,500 under MSRP, which equates to $345 under dealer invoice when you include the admin type fees I negotiated for them to take care of. No ETA (obviously) and no VON as of yet. I'll probably give them another week then email for some info.

I've waited over 5 years... what's another few months?
Your dealer will not be able to order your car until Subaru opens up ordering. Basically they are pre-ordering it and will put an order in when they are able. This is why they had no VON for you I would imagine.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Plasmabluewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

^ what he said.
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #28
graniteststi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 356774
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Grantham, NH
Vehicle:
2014 STI 5D
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogc8 View Post
^ what he said.
Yup, I figured as such. No big deal... but I'd be lying if I said the waiting didn't suck! I'm only on week 1! Haha
graniteststi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #29
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteststi View Post

Yup, I figured as such. No big deal... but I'd be lying if I said the waiting didn't suck! I'm only on week 1! Haha
I'm in the same boat with a 5/22 order. My question is... Will we have a 19 week wait time starting from when the orders open up? Or will we get first pick from the new model year will a short wait time. I only ask because if ordering opens up for 2014 model year end of July or early August. We will already be ~14 weeks in prior to our cars even getting ordered!
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #30
Scomi21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347348
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleges View Post
I'm in the same boat with a 5/22 order. My question is... Will we have a 19 week wait time starting from when the orders open up? Or will we get first pick from the new model year will a short wait time. I only ask because if ordering opens up for 2014 model year end of July or early August. We will already be ~14 weeks in prior to our cars even getting ordered!
I would mentally prepare for a 5-6 month wait to be safe. Look in 2013 to see when those guys started getting their cars.
Scomi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #31
gojira
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335613
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: philly
Vehicle:
2013 wrx
swp

Default

The OCD in me want this thread to add "The" to match the title of the 2013 one.
lol
gojira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #32
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojira View Post
The OCD in me want this thread to add "The" to match the title of the 2013 one.
lol
All Better?
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
Scomi21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347348
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojira View Post
The OCD in me want this thread to add "The" to match the title of the 2013 one.
lol
Omg what about the lower case "i"!?
Scomi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scomi21 View Post

Omg what about the lower case "i"!?
Now you're pushing it! Haha
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #35
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

The key to keeping your wait as short as possible is in the hands of your salesperson. It will all depend on if they jump on the ball and actually submit your order right when subaru opens up the ordering process, or if the wait a couple of day or god forbid longer. I would call once a week starting in July asking if subaru opened up the orders.
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #36
e-wrx-ion
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 192377
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sportwagon
Sonic Yellow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogc8 View Post
The key to keeping your wait as short as possible is in the hands of your salesperson. It will all depend on if they jump on the ball and actually submit your order right when subaru opens up the ordering process, or if the wait a couple of day or god forbid longer. I would call once a week starting in July asking if subaru opened up the orders.
Tipping never killed anyone either. If I was selling subarus, I would probably remember the guy who gave me $20 after wasting an hour of my time with a test drive vs. every other douchenozzle.

Last edited by e-wrx-ion; 05-23-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: speeling
e-wrx-ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #37
gojira
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335613
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: philly
Vehicle:
2013 wrx
swp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleges View Post

All Better?
Million timers !!!!
gojira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #38
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-wrx-ion View Post
douchenozzle.
Love it. Hahaha
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #39
mcarb002
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324784
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 305
Vehicle:
2015 STI LE
Blue n Gold

Default

So I take it this would be orders for the next gen wrx/STI right?
mcarb002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarb002 View Post
So I take it this would be orders for the next gen wrx/STI right?
Negative. 2014 WRX is not any different then a 2013. Reportedly, the 2015 WRX is the next generation.
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #41
deadstockpomp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292520
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI limited
WRB

Default

I ordered my sti about a week ago, its unconfirmed whether or not its a 13 or 14. Whats it most likely going to be?
deadstockpomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #42
Scomi21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347348
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadstockpomp View Post
I ordered my sti about a week ago, its unconfirmed whether or not its a 13 or 14. Whats it most likely going to be?
14 unless you ordered the typical model with "performance package 1" and get lucky and get an in transit
Scomi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
deadstockpomp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292520
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI limited
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scomi21 View Post

14 unless you ordered the typical model with "performance package 1" and get lucky and get an in transit
I got a limited
deadstockpomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #44
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

so... Just casually stalked my dealerships' website to see if my car was "in transit" (hey.... you never know?!) and guess what?! a black limited hatch is in transit!!!!!!!! I frantically e-mailed my dealer like she would be reading it before tomorrow?! I noticed it doesn't have any of the options I ordered but I'm hoping it is just a random dealer car and I can snag it?! It shouldn't cost too much to add an armrest extension and rear view with homelink?!


Wish me luck!!!
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #45
deadstockpomp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292520
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI limited
WRB

Default

so if what im understanding is correct and my order is considered a "pre-order" then this wait is going to really drag.
deadstockpomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #46
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadstockpomp View Post
so if what im understanding is correct and my order is considered a "pre-order" then this wait is going to really drag.
lets just say.... Epic. it sound more playful and adventurous than drag
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #47
deadstockpomp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292520
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI limited
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleges View Post
lets just say.... Epic. it sound more playful and adventurous than drag
well yea, the anticipation is awesome i was kind of ehh about the 2-3 months but now 5-6... I emailed my sales person to see what the deal is before i jump the gun about the 14. if i need to wait so be it, let the epic wait begin. i dident sell my car for nothing haha
deadstockpomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #48
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleges View Post
so... Just casually stalked my dealerships' website to see if my car was "in transit" (hey.... you never know?!) and guess what?! a black limited hatch is in transit!!!!!!!! I frantically e-mailed my dealer like she would be reading it before tomorrow?! I noticed it doesn't have any of the options I ordered but I'm hoping it is just a random dealer car and I can snag it?! It shouldn't cost too much to add an armrest extension and rear view with homelink?!


Wish me luck!!!
I don't know about the center armrest, but I'm pretty sure the mirror is a port installed item, either way you can buy those online and they should come with instructions on how to install.

I pretty much did the same thing. Ordered a car, saw one in transit very similar and ended up switching my order. I plan to buy the options I wanted, but did not get with the car I'm now receiving. I really couldn't complain. I went from a premium to a limited for $600 difference.
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #49
AliMusa
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353574
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogc8 View Post
I don't know about the center armrest, but I'm pretty sure the mirror is a port installed item, either way you can buy those online and they should come with instructions on how to install.

I pretty much did the same thing. Ordered a car, saw one in transit very similar and ended up switching my order. I plan to buy the options I wanted, but did not get with the car I'm now receiving. I really couldn't complain. I went from a premium to a limited for $600 difference.
How do you check to see if a car is in transit?
AliMusa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #50
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

On the dealer website they have a small icon next to the cars description that says "in transit"

http://www.hatfieldsubaru.net/new-in...l=Impreza+WRX&

Look at the second car...
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.