Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday May 5, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Eastwood
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310978
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza

Default Transmission Emergency - Please Help 98 Legacy 2.5 N/a Auto

I just pulled the motor and did the headgaskets. 98 legacy 2.5 The install went great and didn't have any of common install problems i had read on here about.

Ive already put over 200 miles on the car with no problems. THEN today im on the highway, and i step on it, the car downshifts to 2nd gear then shoot up to the RPM redline and hit the rev limiter before i noticed.

Got off the highway and the car still seemed to drive somewhat normal, but was making a louder than usual noise, which was coming from the front tranny area.

Now it's much worse after just 20 miles. CURRENTLY the car will shift into drive or reverse, although it is noisier than usual and more reistance. It will drive in first, but will not hold the power if i floor it. it will shift into 2nd, but only wants to go to about 1/4 through the rpm before becoming diengaged. Does not want to shift into 3rd unless i put it back into nuetral, then back into drive.

Dont have a way to really see if i can get into 4th put doesnt seem like it.

I can feel the tranny shifting, but it is not holding any power. It can handle about 15% throttle progressively, when earlier today i was cruising at 80 and still had lots of power.

My first thought it torque converter, and i am hoping someone has experienced the same and can help.

Thanks

Eastwood
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
spdweb.net
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357172
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Gray

Have you pulled the stick to see what the fluid looks/smells like? Sounds to me like a lack of fluid pressure, the cause of which could be many things.
spdweb.net is offline   Reply With Quote