Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
jteran5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316370
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2010 WRB STI SE-SOLD
2014 SWP STI Hatchback

Default Lug nuts for 11-14 BBS wheel

I want to get a set of lug nuts for my OEM BBS wheel. I want a set of black ones that look decent but dont want to skimp out on some cheap ones.

I was about to place an order for the McGard 65554BK :
Amazon.com: McGard 65554BK Chrome/Black SplineDrive Wheel Installation Kit (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels: AutomotiveAmazon.com: McGard 65554BK Chrome/Black SplineDrive Wheel Installation Kit (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels: Automotive
I know for sure they fit on the stock BBS wheels even though it is a tuner lug nut (or am I wrong?)

However I ran across these Rays and was told that it wouldn't fit the stock wheel:
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Volk...Lug-Nuts-Black
"The stock wheels require the use of a OEM lug nut. The reason is the OEM wheels have a seat that takes a acorn style lug nut, where as all of the aftermarket lug nuts will use a 60 degree taper seat. As a result by using an aftermarket lug nut on stock wheels will not allow for proper wheel clamping." - Rallysport Direct

I read somewhere that Subaru uses identical seats to aftermarket lugs designed to fit our cars.

So am I able to use the Rays or not?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jteran5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Before you make new threads, please search. There are 200 threads dealing with this topic.

Ignore the manufacturer, Subaru uses an identical 60* taper. If the lugs you're looking at have a tapered seat, they'll fit stock wheels.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
jteran5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316370
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2010 WRB STI SE-SOLD
2014 SWP STI Hatchback

Haha, I was actually looking at a post you made back in June. I just wanted to be sure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
Any search you would've done on lugs would've answered this very common issue.

Subaru uses identical seats to aftermarket lugs designed to fit our cars.

Use aftermarket with stock, use stock with aftermarket. Any combination you can think of.
jteran5 is offline   Reply With Quote