Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #51
mpj_becks
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6265
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Hayward, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu View Post
Well rotated is the way to go, but 420 on e85 is pretty low when you look at similer tunes. I had 400 whp on a sr55 back in the day on straight 91. I was running 12 flat at 117.
FWIW I ran 10.9 @132 making 457whp on the GST dyno and EJ257 (Earl) runs solid 12.0x @116 with 322whp on the same dyno!

My personal track car in full track setup (aero) making 575whp 3 years ago trapped 146mph.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mpj_becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #52
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu View Post
Well rotated is the way to go, but 420 on e85 is pretty low when you look at similer tunes. I had 400 whp on a sr55 back in the day on straight 91. I was running 12 flat at 117.
420whp is about what I would expect out of this setup on a true low reading Mustang dyno. I think the turbo may be capable of a bit more, but the single Aeromotive 340lph pump runs out right around this power level on E85 in my experience.

This power on this type of dyno is good for 122-125mph traps depending on car/weight/tired/driver. Certainly not something you can do with this turbo on 91 Octane pump gas.

FWIW, this car would make around 475-480whp on a Dynojet.

Thanks
-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #53
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpj_becks View Post
FWIW I ran 10.9 @132 making 457whp on the GST dyno and EJ257 (Earl) runs solid 12.0x @116 with 322whp on the same dyno!

My personal track car in full track setup (aero) making 575whp 3 years ago trapped 146mph.
Mike, to be fair, you're talking about your L which is a lot lighter than most of the street cars in here .

Earl's car is right on though... close to full weight STI will go 115-117mph traps on 320-330whp on a true Mustang.

Thanks
-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #54
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

I think the only confusion here stems from Chris's choice of title for his thread mentioning "500whp". Otherwise I think the actual results look right on for the setup.

-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #55
mpj_becks
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6265
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Hayward, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium Tuning View Post
Mike, to be fair, you're talking about your L which is a lot lighter than most of the street cars in here .

Earl's car is right on though... close to full weight STI will go 115-117mph traps on 320-330whp on a true Mustang.

Thanks
-- Ed
Correct it is a lot lighter, although when it made that pass 3 years ago it was 2800lbs with driver and generating a ton of drag with all the aero on it.
mpj_becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #56
mpj_becks
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6265
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Hayward, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium Tuning View Post
I think the only confusion here stems from Chris's choice of title for his thread mentioning "500whp". Otherwise I think the actual results look right on for the setup.

-- Ed
Agreed although with the turbo setup going in the car right now and new fuel setup it might be wrong on the other side of the number
mpj_becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #57
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium Tuning View Post

420whp is about what I would expect out of this setup on a true low reading Mustang dyno. I think the turbo may be capable of a bit more, but the single Aeromotive 340lph pump runs out right around this power level on E85 in my experience.

This power on this type of dyno is good for 122-125mph traps depending on car/weight/tired/driver. Certainly not something you can do with this turbo on 91 Octane pump gas.

FWIW, this car would make around 475-480whp on a Dynojet.

Thanks
-- Ed
Well back when I had full bolt-ons on the car, I was making 306whp/360wtq on the Cobb tuning dyno. Went to GSTmotorsports asked them to tune her, ended up with about 264whp/287wtq.

In result the car pulled a hell of a lot harder afterwards, but read less on the dyno. I thought i was pushing at least 430-440 and I made a "guess-timation" to fill my void. Then came up with the 500whp.

Maybe I was a little off
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #58
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012BayAreaWRX View Post
Well back when I had full bolt-ons on the car, I was making 306whp/360wtq on the Cobb tuning dyno. Went to GSTmotorsports asked them to tune her, ended up with about 264whp/287wtq.

In result the car pulled a hell of a lot harder afterwards, but read less on the dyno. I thought i was pushing at least 430-440 and I made a "guess-timation" to fill my void. Then came up with the 500whp.

Maybe I was a little off
Cobb's Mustangs read like Dynojets which is 10-15% higher than a true low reading Mustang dyno.

Thanks
-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #59
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium Tuning View Post

Cobb's Mustangs read like Dynojets which is 10-15% higher than a true low reading Mustang dyno.

Thanks
-- Ed
I don't feel so bad then!

15% of 500 is 425
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #60
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

My car on 312whp with that dyno, spun all 4 easy. It really is probably >~500whp on other dynos, this is the infamous heartbreaker, look for the delta from your stage 2.

Yes, you are in great hands with gst, in the top 5 shops in the nation, maybe world, with race prep knowledge to boot! Try asking mike what he would do, he doesn't force his opinion down your throat, but the wanker really knows his stuff. I wish he was more in to drag racing! Mike, you tosser!
CatfaceType-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #61
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012BayAreaWRX View Post
I don't feel so bad then!

15% of 500 is 425
They're all just numbers... performance is the important part in the end. But I think when you post "500whp" people expect at least some dyno chart that says 500whp

I'm sure on your new setup you'll have some nice numbers to post. Then take it to the track!

Thanks
-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #62
mpj_becks
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6265
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Hayward, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfaceType-R View Post
I wish he was more in to drag racing! Mike, you tosser!
LOL! I don't mind car bowling it's just not my thing.
mpj_becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #63
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfaceType-R View Post
My car on 312whp with that dyno, spun all 4 easy. It really is probably >~500whp on other dynos, this is the infamous heartbreaker, look for the delta from your stage 2.

Yes, you are in great hands with gst, in the top 5 shops in the nation, maybe world, with race prep knowledge to boot! Try asking mike what he would do, he doesn't force his opinion down your throat, but the wanker really knows his stuff. I wish he was more in to drag racing! Mike, you tosser!
Yeah I knew mike was good by just that initial tune!
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #64
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

ive got a few questions. what is the benefit of putting the sti intake manifold on. and what are the benefits? and can it be used with stock turbo/intercooler?
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #65
wuuusaa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92894
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Running away from Polar bears
Default

I just realized you're second car is a prius?? You must be gay??!! haha
wuuusaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #66
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
I just realized you're second car is a prius?? You must be gay??!! haha
Or who got money that he wants to save. Can you afford a 80k car and a 25k car? Didn't think so..
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:32 AM   #67
wuuusaa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92894
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Running away from Polar bears
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012BayAreaWRX View Post
Or who got money that he wants to save. Can you afford a 80k car and a 25k car? Didn't think so..
Ugh you don't know what I can and can't afford! Do you?? Umm nope!! Anyways don't get butt hurt I was just joking
wuuusaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #68
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
Ugh you don't know what I can and can't afford! Do you?? Umm nope!! Anyways don't get butt hurt I was just joking
First off your lack of education shows through your posts. Second, you probably sit when you pee.
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #69
wuuusaa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92894
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Running away from Polar bears
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012BayAreaWRX View Post

First off your lack of education shows through your posts. Second, you probably sit when you pee.
Was that a stab at me?? Ouch!! That really hurts, i guess ill go to time out now. Anyways screw your slow ass car and the horse you rode in on.
wuuusaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #70
swannjcs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332362
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Richmond, VA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
I just realized you're second car is a prius?? You must be gay??!! haha
My DD is a Prius...... I must be gay too. (Don't tell my wife and kids)

Great build! I'm in the process of building my wrx. What made you choose the sti manifold over an aftermarket one? Just curious because I've been trying to decide on what manifold to upgrade to.
swannjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #71
SlimJim8804
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241943
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2065 Magic Carpet
Swirl Rally Bleu

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
I just realized you're second car is a prius?? You must be gay??!! haha
Your*
SlimJim8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #72
wuuusaa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92894
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Running away from Polar bears
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannjcs View Post
My DD is a Prius...... I must be gay too. (Don't tell my wife and kids)
Great place for you to come out the closet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJim8804 View Post
Your*
thanks
wuuusaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #73
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
ive got a few questions. what is the benefit of putting the sti intake manifold on. and what are the benefits? and can it be used with stock turbo/intercooler?
Well the WRX one is POS plastic, the STi is metal which has better airflow.
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #74
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannjcs View Post

My DD is a Prius...... I must be gay too. (Don't tell my wife and kids)

Great build! I'm in the process of building my wrx. What made you choose the sti manifold over an aftermarket one? Just curious because I've been trying to decide on what manifold to upgrade to.
GST motorsports gave it to me, so I don't know the exact specifications between the two. But I'm pretty sure plastic isn't the best for airflow and longevity.
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #75
2012BayAreaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350801
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area California
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
Great place for you to come out the closet!!

thanks
You're good at trolling posts! Go find something productive and helpful to do.
2012BayAreaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.