Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #26
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullycyrus View Post
Damn man, I didn't know you had a build thread too!!! Subscribed! When's your tune? How can you pass up the $220 retune by church?! Haha
Lol I'm getting tuned this Monday at yimisport. Like I said earlier, I wanted to switch to a new shop thats subaru specific because eventually I would like more advice about building up my block. Yimisport has a great reputation so I'd like to give them a shot. Shawn is a great tuner but I can't go to him for specific questions about Subaru parts
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #27
azngotmilk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 173405
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: anaheim, ca
Vehicle:
2006 acura rsx
black

Default

I'll just say that loud is a understatement for how loud this car is. Sounds like a beast.
azngotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #28
wrxman02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 24162
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2014 Legacy 2.5i
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

cool. good luck and be safe
wrxman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #29
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougestar View Post
lol thanks! ill film something this weekend will also be getting re-tuned at YimiSport
i'll get a vid of my exhaust for you as well...we can compare haha
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #30
DutchOven
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220629
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

this car is sex.
DutchOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azngotmilk View Post
I'll just say that loud is a understatement for how loud this car is. Sounds like a beast.
lol definitely heard how loud it really was on the dyno yesterday! thanks for coming with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman02 View Post
cool. good luck and be safe
thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
i'll get a vid of my exhaust for you as well...we can compare haha
a friend of mine, DutchOven recorded a video on the dyno yesterday. waiting for him to send it to me so i can upload it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
this car is sex.
only cuz you helped me
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

The tune at YimiSport went really well! Here are the numbers:

287 whp/306 wtq California 91 Octane on a DynoJet tuned by Paul Leung
-Ambient temp was about 96 degrees outside
-Intake, Turboback Exhaust, Grimmspeed EBCS, PW TMIC, NGK Iridium 1 Step Colder Plugs, Koyo Radiator



Here are my old numbers:
286 hp/328 tq California 91 Octane on a DynaPack (reads about 10% higher than a DynoJet) tuned by Shawn Church
-Ambient temp that day was about 60 degrees
-Intake, Turboback Exhaust



If the difference in dynos and temps are considered, it looks like i gained about 20-30 hp from my previous tune with torque staying about the same. Also, the tune at YimiSport was done at a warmer ambient temp. My car feels much improved with the addition of a few new parts and different tune. Power seems to come more effortlessly and smooth while the throttle response has improved as well.

Last edited by tougestar; 06-21-2013 at 01:56 AM.
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #33
mkvaron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326317
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
SSM

Default

Very nice thread and car!! Good numbers for a "stage 2" setup with some upgrades for reliable track use I would have to say. I am about where you are with my hatchback and I couldn't be more happy how it handles daily duties, winter in the sierra nevadas, and track days. Looking forward to seeing your stoptech BBKs set up, nothing makes a WRX more of a track weapon than some big brakes .

I also may add that I have no experience with YimiSport, but I attend ExtremeSpeed track events here in socal and alot of the subarus holding down AWD timeattack hail from the shop. They run amazingly fast times and look to be very reliable, great choice and keep the updates coming!!!
mkvaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #34
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvaron View Post
Very nice thread and car!! Good numbers for a "stage 2" setup with some upgrades for reliable track use I would have to say. I am about where you are with my hatchback and I couldn't be more happy how it handles daily duties, winter in the sierra nevadas, and track days. Looking forward to seeing your stoptech BBKs set up, nothing makes a WRX more of a track weapon than some big brakes .

I also may add that I have no experience with YimiSport, but I attend ExtremeSpeed track events here in socal and alot of the subarus holding down AWD timeattack hail from the shop. They run amazingly fast times and look to be very reliable, great choice and keep the updates coming!!!
thanks for the feedback! looks like the yimisport sponsored 06 sti set the record for street class at last weekends redline time attack at big willow. that thing is on stock block with 440 whp so if thats any indication of their work, my motor should last a while (hopefully lol).

do you ever go to buttonwillow? my first track day with this car will be there on september 14th so come out if you can! itd be nice to meet other WRX owners that are track oriented
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #35
mkvaron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326317
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougestar View Post
thanks for the feedback! looks like the yimisport sponsored 06 sti set the record for street class at last weekends redline time attack at big willow. that thing is on stock block with 440 whp so if thats any indication of their work, my motor should last a while (hopefully lol).

do you ever go to buttonwillow? my first track day with this car will be there on september 14th so come out if you can! itd be nice to meet other WRX owners that are track oriented
Oh ya, that thing hauled A$$ around big willow! Making any turbo charged car perform reliably like that in the desert summer heat (it was over 90 this weekend) on a course with alot of elevation change is certainly the sign of great work.

I have gone to buttonwillow a few times, its a great course and unlike big willow the consequences of going off are far less dangerous. What group/driving clinic are you doing? I highly reccomend the performance driving clinic buttonwillow offers as well as extreme speed, lots of seasoned track peeps at both to help you learn and understand track driving! Shoot me a PM, I will be at plenty of extreme speed events at willow springs and buttonwillow!!
mkvaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #36
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvaron View Post
Oh ya, that thing hauled A$$ around big willow! Making any turbo charged car perform reliably like that in the desert summer heat (it was over 90 this weekend) on a course with alot of elevation change is certainly the sign of great work.

I have gone to buttonwillow a few times, its a great course and unlike big willow the consequences of going off are far less dangerous. What group/driving clinic are you doing? I highly reccomend the performance driving clinic buttonwillow offers as well as extreme speed, lots of seasoned track peeps at both to help you learn and understand track driving! Shoot me a PM, I will be at plenty of extreme speed events at willow springs and buttonwillow!!
In my previous cars, I used to run in the intermediate or advanced intermediate run groups. I'm a pretty experienced track driver with FWD NA Hondas but since this is my first turbo AWD, I am still unsure what class to run. I might go to a slower run group at first to feel the car out until I become more comfortable with the power.

What are your times at BW? Curious to what times a stage 2 WRX should be hitting. I will definitely PM you when I head out to the track!
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
DutchOven
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220629
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

daaaaamn, sorry professional race car driver!
DutchOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
daaaaamn, sorry professional race car driver!
lol pssshhh yea right, im just trying to pretend im you
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #39
Longitude
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2216
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Stay Classy __
Vehicle:
0000 Gee See
dented

Default

Cool stuff.

Next time, get Kartboy stuff directly from Tom at Kartboy, he's in our backyard yo!
Longitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #40
DutchOven
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220629
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

here's some track action of tougestar. he was a passenger in the black rsx and I'm the driver of the wrx in the video.

DutchOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #41
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
here's some track action of tougestar. he was a passenger in the black rsx and I'm the driver of the wrx in the video.

Subaru WRX Chuckwalla 4-21-12 CCW - YouTube
lol nice video! wish i could have ridden with you that day. hmm..maybe i should get a GoPro...

By request here is a sound clip of my exhaust on the dyno:

tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #42
stevebugeyewrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 359855
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

looks sick man!
stevebugeyewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #43
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longitude View Post
Cool stuff.

Next time, get Kartboy stuff directly from Tom at Kartboy, he's in our backyard yo!
didn't know he was in san diego til after i already got those parts lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebugeyewrx View Post
looks sick man!
thanks steve!
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #44
mkvaron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326317
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougestar View Post

In my previous cars, I used to run in the intermediate or advanced intermediate run groups. I'm a pretty experienced track driver with FWD NA Hondas but since this is my first turbo AWD, I am still unsure what class to run. I might go to a slower run group at first to feel the car out until I become more comfortable with the power.

What are your times at BW? Curious to what times a stage 2 WRX should be hitting. I will definitely PM you when I head out to the track!
Hahahaha, epic video. But ya, I'm sure you easily can run lower intermediate if you have some previous experience & you get a hang of the wrx. If you post decent times they'll let you move up groups, no big deal. Ill be at streets of willow on the 29th, my first time running there so I'm gona roll beginner until I figure the track out.

My best was a 1:44.xx big willow in the wrx, but my brother is far more experienced than I & threw down a 1:40.xx haha. It bothers me haha.
mkvaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #45
Vash337
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282107
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lafayette, la
Vehicle:
2011 wrx sedan
obsidian black

Default

Dam she's loud. Scribed
Vash337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #46
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvaron View Post
Hahahaha, epic video. But ya, I'm sure you easily can run lower intermediate if you have some previous experience & you get a hang of the wrx. If you post decent times they'll let you move up groups, no big deal. Ill be at streets of willow on the 29th, my first time running there so I'm gona roll beginner until I figure the track out.

My best was a 1:44.xx big willow in the wrx, but my brother is far more experienced than I & threw down a 1:40.xx haha. It bothers me haha.
Lol lets hope I get the hang of it sooner than later. Oh and I meant to say what were your times at Buttonwillow? Im kinda scared to run at big willow haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash337 View Post
Dam she's loud. Scribed
Haha she sure is. Even Paul said it was super loud while tuning my car.
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #47
jonjonkills101
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121721
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
DGM

Default

more jealous with every post hhahah
jonjonkills101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #48
FerdSimao
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280691
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: South Jordan, UT
Vehicle:
2008
2012 WRX Ice Silver Sedan

Default


amazing!!!
FerdSimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #49
abrumlev
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 197920
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Indiana
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Well sorted mod list!

What wheels and tires are you going to be running for trackdays? Take advantage of those wide fenders pleaaasee!

I've seen a couple local guys run Fortunate Auto's, they seem to be better than BC/ISC/etc pricewise and qualitywise.
abrumlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #50
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjonkills101 View Post
more jealous with every post hhahah
lol your car made me jealous first!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdSimao View Post

amazing!!!
haha thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrumlev View Post
Well sorted mod list!

What wheels and tires are you going to be running for trackdays? Take advantage of those wide fenders pleaaasee!

I've seen a couple local guys run Fortunate Auto's, they seem to be better than BC/ISC/etc pricewise and qualitywise.
thanks a lot im kind of on a budget so im looking into rpf1 17x9 +35. trying to find out if it will clear the front stoptechs though because i heard you need a spacer for the brembos. or possibly rays 57drs in 17x9 +35. and i choose fortune autos because i didnt want to spend too much on the higher end coilovers since i had to buy so many more parts lol. hopefully it holds up well to track abuse.

Last edited by tougestar; 06-19-2013 at 10:34 AM.
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.