Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #51
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Black, like my soul.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Splint View Post
Yea its sad that just because they have popular names they get to race for Subaru. Subaru needs some good drivers representing them because they have the best cars, they just need the best drivcers and they would be unstoppable.
No, fanboy, they do not.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #52
i_c_the_light
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 88618
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: New Zealand
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy
"The Silver Slug"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix

No, fanboy, they do not.
That is true. 9 years ago SWRT started their run of ****ty campaigns. The Impreza quickly became too big and cumbersome compared to the rest of the field and Petter lost the edge and Chris was too inconsistent. By the time the hatch arrived it was too late.
i_c_the_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #53
dburgoon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310366
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Vehicle:
03 vf37'd WRB
Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post

No, fanboy, they do not.
I agree, they car is far from the best! I expect the VW Pollo to find it's way to the front when they get everything figured out with the car. It may be down on power but it also weighs a lot less than most other cars.

And is it just me or does the Subaru look a lot less wide then say the Fiesta?
dburgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #54
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Black, like my soul.

Default

It's because the Fiesta is so short, and it's naturally very narrow so it has huge flares.

The Fiestas are probably the best cars in Rallycross right now.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #55
dburgoon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310366
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Vehicle:
03 vf37'd WRB
Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
It's because the Fiesta is so short, and it's naturally very narrow so it has huge flares.

The Fiestas are probably the best cars in Rallycross right now.
I agree; the fiestas are the best NOW! But what I am saying is that the Pollo is coming and it's coming on strong! They have been plagued with mechanical issues so far because of how new the car is. But it short and wide like the fiesta, but it is also lower with a lower center of gravity. I expect the Pollo to be a strong competitor next year!

EDIT: also who would have thought the Mini would have been so strong on it's first time out?! Mind blown!

Last edited by dburgoon; 07-03-2013 at 10:08 PM.
dburgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #56
Boogaloo Shrimp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315215
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bugeye Trooper View Post
Ok so as I'm siting here watching this on tv, the Puma Subaru Rally Cross Team freaking sucks so bad. I mean what a joke! Dave Mirra is horrible, the Bucky Lasek guy is a 100% joke! He can't even keep up. I don't understand how these guys got these rides. Must be all about their popularity and their name, because it sure isn't because they can drive... Ok I'm done ranting.
cuz they're a couple of the biggest extreme sports names ever..... I was pissed when I found out they're big time pro drivers now
Boogaloo Shrimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #57
Tony JDM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207532
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: NE WI
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
Rusty Black Diamond Pearl

Default

They only got to be team drivers because they're known, not because they can drive. I think I'd give them both a run for their money and I already wear Pumas. Listening Puma? I'm for hire.
Tony JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #58
a2cpc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10139
Join Date: Sep 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Indy/Broad Ripple
Vehicle:
WRX 09 Outback 15
Miata 93

Default

Subaru just needs to build competitive cars. They do fine in the US rally, but would probably fail dramatically if the European teams came over here with a serious effort.
a2cpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #59
Swanson1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 352964
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Urban Grey Metallic

Default

Dave Mirra and Bucky Lasek are famous for extreme sports. Dave Mirra was one of the worlds greatest freestyle BMX-ers for a long time (sort of like the Tony Hawk of BMX)
Bucky Lasek was a "pro" skateboarder who got a lot of money from the Tony Hawk video games he "starred" in. Basically, they both only started because they had exorbitant amounts of money and the drive of extreme sports.

They have no place racing, they never will, they suck, they're just like that rich kid in the 11th grade you always disliked.
Swanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #60
Gyges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297111
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Vehicle:
2006 STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanson1 View Post
Dave Mirra and Bucky Lasek are famous for extreme sports. Dave Mirra was one of the worlds greatest freestyle BMX-ers for a long time (sort of like the Tony Hawk of BMX)
Bucky Lasek was a "pro" skateboarder who got a lot of money from the Tony Hawk video games he "starred" in. Basically, they both only started because they had exorbitant amounts of money and the drive of extreme sports.

They have no place racing, they never will, they suck, they're just like that rich kid in the 11th grade you always disliked.
Thank you. The fact that talentless nincompoops like dave mirra and bucky lasek can have seats in the highest level of this motorsport is such a joke.
Gyges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #61
rossl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193147
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: RMIC, Logan UT
Vehicle:
04 STi

Default

For those saying these drivers have no talent I suggest you look at their past race results, not just in rallycross but in other forms of car racing they have done, they have actually had some driver training and success.

And the Subaru drivers can't be entirely blamed, the Subarus just aren't competitive.
rossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #62
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanson1 View Post
Dave Mirra and Bucky Lasek are famous for extreme sports. Dave Mirra was one of the worlds greatest freestyle BMX-ers for a long time (sort of like the Tony Hawk of BMX)
Bucky Lasek was a "pro" skateboarder who got a lot of money from the Tony Hawk video games he "starred" in. Basically, they both only started because they had exorbitant amounts of money and the drive of extreme sports.

They have no place racing, they never will, they suck, they're just like that rich kid in the 11th grade you always disliked.
Agreed!!! They have no place racing and they never will!
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #63
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossl View Post
For those saying these drivers have no talent I suggest you look at their past race results, not just in rallycross but in other forms of car racing they have done, they have actually had some driver training and success.

And the Subaru drivers can't be entirely blamed, the Subarus just aren't competitive.
Idc if they were the fastest cars out there, it wouldn't matter, they are that crappy
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #64
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Black, like my soul.

Default

I never realized we had so many professional drivers here on nasioc.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #65
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
I never realized we had so many professional drivers here on nasioc.
Yup........
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #66
dburgoon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310366
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Vehicle:
03 vf37'd WRB
Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bugeye Trooper View Post

Idc if they were the fastest cars out there, it wouldn't matter, they are that crappy
I bet if you put mirra in a fiesta he would do alot better then the under powered over weight subaru he is in now. You obviously have something against them, but I have yet to hear you say anything about pastrana, he too came from xtreme sports into racing, and in his first years he was not so good. You don't learn to drive fast over night, it takes time and a good car.

It's not all about the driver like you think it is. Put Allen McNish in anything but an Audi and he won't win every single race. It has just as much to do with the equipment as the talent behind the wheel
dburgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #67
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburgoon View Post

I bet if you put mirra in a fiesta he would do alot better then the under powered over weight subaru he is in now. You obviously have something against them, but I have yet to hear you say anything about pastrana, he too came from xtreme sports into racing, and in his first years he was not so good. You don't learn to drive fast over night, it takes time and a good car.

It's not all about the driver like you think it is. Put Allen McNish in anything but an Audi and he won't win every single race. It has just as much to do with the equipment as the talent behind the wheel
I do not have anything against Mirra. He is probably the best of the Subaru drivers. Saying that the Subaru team as a whole Is not good. I have a hard time believing that Subaru is that much of a disadvantage. I do though agree that the fiestas look unstoppable.. There is no way of knowing how much Subaru is behind when you don't have drivers that can really perform. Put say Higgins or someone in there so they know what they need to change or make adjustments. At least Higgins can wheel a car.

As far as Pastrana I felt the same way. Just another huge name buying a seat or just getting it gifted to him because of his name. But idc what anyone says Pastrana can wheel anything. A rally car, Dirt car, and he is doing
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #68
rossl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193147
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: RMIC, Logan UT
Vehicle:
04 STi

Default

It's good to hear that Mirra has no driver talent, that means that since I have no driver talent either that I can be like Mirra and go get six podium finishes in Rally America and a bronze medal in X-Games beating European veteran rally drivers like L'Estange. Oh and the XGames is so lame that not even Colin McRae would drive in it, except that he did and was beaten by the American driver noob Pastrana.
rossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #69
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

He is doing Very well in NASCAR. Arguably the most competitive racing there is. So Pastrana and Mirra aren't even in the same stratosphere. Yes both got rides because of their names, but only one of them can wheel a car.
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #70
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossl View Post
It's good to hear that Mirra has no driver talent, that means that since I have no driver talent either that I can be like Mirra and go get six podium finishes in Rally America and a bronze medal in X-Games beating European veteran rally drivers like L'Estange. Oh and the XGames is so lame that not even Colin McRae would drive in it, except that he did and was beaten by the American driver noob Pastrana.
Since I have no clue who you are I can't say anything about your driving skills. All I'm saying with all his training ad driving schools, he will just be mediocre.
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #71
dburgoon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310366
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Vehicle:
03 vf37'd WRB
Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bugeye Trooper View Post
I do though agree that the fiestas look unstoppable.. There is no way of knowing how much Subaru is behind when you don't have drivers that can really perform. Put say Higgins or someone in there so they know what they need to change or make adjustments. At least Higgins can wheel a car.

As far as Pastrana I felt the same way. Just another huge name buying a seat or just getting it gifted to him because of his name. But idc what anyone says Pastrana can wheel anything. A rally car, Dirt car, and he is doing
I agree Higgins can wheel the mess out of the car, BUT he still cannot beat Block's Fiesta straight up, only when Block makes a mistake does Higgin's win. I'm not saying with equal equipment that Block is better then Higgins or vise versa.

When Pastrana got in the car I think everyone felt the same way, but he has been doing it for five years now and is very talented.

All I'm saying is we cannot judge Mirra or Lasek when they are not given the best equipment. They are not known for driving and neither was Pastrana when he started, but now Pastrana can drive. GIVE THEM A CHANCE PEOPLE!

I'll use another example. Put Vettel in a Marusia and lets see if he can win 3 consecutive championships. My money is on he will not win, or even get podium.
dburgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #72
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburgoon View Post

I agree Higgins can wheel the mess out of the car, BUT he still cannot beat Block's Fiesta straight up, only when Block makes a mistake does Higgin's win. I'm not saying with equal equipment that Block is better then Higgins or vise versa.

When Pastrana got in the car I think everyone felt the same way, but he has been doing it for five years now and is very talented.

All I'm saying is we cannot judge Mirra or Lasek when they are not given the best equipment. They are not known for driving and neither was Pastrana when he started, but now Pastrana can drive. GIVE THEM A CHANCE PEOPLE!

I'll use another example. Put Vettel in a Marusia and lets see if he can win 3 consecutive championships. My money is on he will not win, or even get podium.
Since Subaru is so behind, do you think the new Sti will have the more rally background to compete again, or is rally out if their concern?

As far as Vettel, you never know what he would do. He is so so strong
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #73
dburgoon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310366
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Vehicle:
03 vf37'd WRB
Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bugeye Trooper View Post
Since Subaru is so behind, do you think the new Sti will have the more rally background to compete again, or is rally out if their concern?

As far as Vettel, you never know what he would do. He is so so strong
By the looks of the new STi, it doesn't look too rally inspired, which is sad I think I speak for all of us when I say, I hope the new STi will be more focused on rally and I hope they can finally have a very competitive car! Higgins will put a well built car on top! I have faith in his abilities.

And Vettel, he is a great driver, but its no secret the Redbull team is the strongest team in F1 right now. I'm hoping the newest Redbull driver will be Kimi Raikonen (or however you spell his last name). With Kimi in a Redbull their star driver will not be Vettel any longer.
dburgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #74
White Bugeye Trooper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268822
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Buckhannon, WV
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
PSM

Default

I agree Red Bull is unstoppable..
White Bugeye Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #75
grzydj
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84984
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i 5D
'04 Toyota Tacoma TRD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bugeye Trooper View Post
He is doing Very well in NASCAR. Arguably the most competitive racing there is. So Pastrana and Mirra aren't even in the same stratosphere. Yes both got rides because of their names, but only one of them can wheel a car.
Pastrana is doing pretty well in NASCAR, but he's footing some the bill now and his fame is starting to fade a bit. I wouldn't look for him being there much longer, not unless he gets some major sponsorship soon.
grzydj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.