Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Room10-o-9
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 222484
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Hatch
OBP

Default Uftring Subaru - Peoria, IL

I bought a 2009 WRX from a guy in Peoria last December. Asked the seller to take it to the local dealer (Uftring) for an inspection for purchase. It was (at least my card was charged for the service). The report I got: brake pads are at about 10%, one front wheel has a bend in the inner lip, and the RR window wont go down. Verbally, the tech (Greg) said: I see no reason to not buy this car.

I drove it a few miles, and it seemed fine, so I bought it. After having it a few days it seemed like it was making some odd noises. I took it to Subaru of Champaign County, and asked them to do a pre-purchase inspection along with some other work. Their report: Right front ball joint is coming apart - probably dangerous to drive, the brake rotors are extremely thin below acceptable and starting to crack, and the power steering system is leaking badly.

I called SoA for support, they shrugged their shoulders and said there is nothing they can do.

I talked to the manager at Uftring, who refunded my money for the inspection and offered to fix the power steering rack for a discount (if I give up a day of work and make the 5 hour round trip). Small consolation for encouraging me to buy a car Id have walked away from and was probably unsafe for my family to ride in.

I have my car, I can pay to have it fixed. This is the worst experience I have had with any industry. The mistakes were so blatant I have to wonder if they were intentional.
Room10-o-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
lukeofthetauri
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 382586
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

+1 for Subaru of Champaign County. One of the best dealerships I've interacted with period.
lukeofthetauri is offline   Reply With Quote