Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Smoken'07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 199173
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
07 Maxima SL

Question Rough idle upon startup after sitting

my wife has an 09 Legacy Limited non turbo with 45k on it. About a month ago we went on vacation for a week leaving her car home. A day or so later, she went to take her car out and it had a very rough idle. Spitting, sputtering, ticking sound from bottom end of engine. Had her shut it down, checked all fluids and restarted. Same thing. She drove it around the block and it was good. Were on vacation now with her car, sat for 2 days and same thing happened. Once driven around the block, she's good. Considering dirty injectors/bad fuel filter but unsure. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Smoken'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
E-brake29
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 359107
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza

I've been having a similar problem that was recently diagnosed. I found out my head gasket was leaking, and dripping on cylinder 2 at startup, causing a misfire. After about 20 seconds it would stop shaking and be fine to drive. Is the check engine light on?
E-brake29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Smoken'07
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
07 Maxima SL

nope, no CEL. It just doesn't like to sit all of a sudden. Might have my uncle look at it who's a mechanic. Im sorta suprised being it only has 45k on it. i have to let her car run for 10-15 minutes for it to even out, unless I drive it around the block or so and it's good.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
john82johnson
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 364866
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy 2.5i
Gray

I have an 08 legacy that is having a similar issue. I have changed both O2 sensors, spark plugs and wire, redid the ground wire, and no replaced the fuel filter. I can't seem to find the problem of why it seems like it going to die sometimes. If your uncle figures it out let me know.
john82johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Smoken'07
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
07 Maxima SL

well the car finally through a CEL this past week. Brought it up to my uncle tonight and came back with a cylinder #3 misfire. At this point I am freaking out due to out of warranty/cost issues. I just put a can of seafoam in hoping it might be carbon build up since it only seems to do it after it sits. worst case next week, I'll dump a full can into the engine direct and see if that helps. Otherwise, this pig is getting traded.