Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday February 11, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
OldManRed04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 356635
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Vehicle:
2005 STI
WR Blue

Default Help! 2005 STI Wastegate duty cycle always 0%

Just like the title says. The wastegate duty cycle (as logged) is ALWAYS at 0%. As a result, the car isn't making the target boost of 21psi as it should.

Background. Car is pro tuned. E85 fuel. Been fine for a good 10-11 months as my daily driver. I started having issues with misfires at very low load in the 2,500rpm range on cylinder 2. Compression, leakdown, coil swap, plug swap, everything done. Turned out to be a brownish buildup on the injector tips holding the end open allowing the fuel to leak. After soaking the injector tips in seafoam, everything was back to normal. No more misfire counts logged, car drives/idles fine now.... BUT it wont make the target boost.

Yes, it did misfire bad enough to cause the check engine light and cruise light to flash. I'm assuming it went into limp mode. I have reflashed and reset the ECU since then. I have verified that my wastegate tables didn't somehow get set to 0, they haven't. I have replaced the EBCS with a BRAND NEW unit. I have verified a million times that it is correctly plumbed. I have traced the wires from B134 pin 32 to the connector for the EBCS. Its good. I have verified the other wire has battery voltage with the key on. Learning view shows no knock (like always) and IAM is at 1.0 like it should be. Neutral position switch on the transmission is working correctly. Everything seems great, the ECU just isn't trying to control the EBCS for some reason. I'm really hoping the ECU isn't dead. I can't see why it would be. From what I read wastegate duty cycle is what is commanded by the ECU, not what is actually measured from the solenoid draw... would make sense then that the ECU is fine, but for whatever reason has disabled boost on me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
OldManRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.