Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Southern California Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
View Poll Results: Where to meet!?
North OC (Fullerton, Brea, etc.) 2 10.00%
Central OC (Orange, Cypress, etc.) 7 35.00%
Sounth OC (Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, etc.) 5 25.00%
North LA (Hollywood, Pasadena, etc.) 5 25.00%
Central LA (Downtown, Compton (OH SNAP?!), etc.) 0 0%
South LA (Long Beach, Redondo Beach, etc.) 5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default Cruise/Caravan For Charity - I'M DREAMIN' OF A SUBIE CHRISTMAS! :)

OFFICIAL NEWS AND INSTRUCTIONS!

1. New and unwrapped toy(s). THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT "TOY WEAPONS" OR ANTYHING THAT RESEMBLES A WEAPON!
2. Saturday, December 21st.
3. 3:00 PM at Orange Coast Infiniti 15550 Beach Blvd Westminster, CA 92683.



4. Please be respectful of Infiniti's facility. NO REVING/VTECHING/HOONING/SHENANIGANS. They were kind enough to host us so please be nice.
5. From there, we will leave at 5:00 PM to the 405 South to 73 South to 55 South to Newport Blvd and arrive at 2 Palm St, Newport Beach, CA 92661. ‎
6. Walk north 2 blocks to view the parade from the Balboa Fun Zone Center.



7. SPREAD THE WORD TO ANY CAR GUY YOU KNOW! ALL MAKES AND MODELS WELCOME!!!!






So here is the plan for the day guys, bring your toys with you to Orange Coast Infiniti, 15550 Beach Blvd Westminster, CA 92683, on Saturday, December 21st, betweent 3-4 PM. We plan to hang out for a little while so we can donate, chat, check out some cool cars, etc. Then at 5, we will depart to the Newport Christmas Boat Parade in Newport Beach, which starts at 6:30 PM. That way we have plenty of time to find parking at the boat parade and walk around the neighborhoods to check out some decorations, grab some hot chocolate, and then find a good viewing spot for the boat parade. We will park at the big parking lot at 2 Palm St, Newport Beach, CA 92661 from there we walk north a couple residential blocks to the Balboa Fun Zone to view the parade.‎


EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO ADMIRAL1942 FOR CO-ORGANIZING, SHEILA WRIGHT AT ELMORE TOYOTA FOR BEING GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO HOOK US UP WITH ORANGE COAST INFINITI, AND AWDSOME LIFESTYLES FOR HELPING US SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by DARTH MAGNUS; 12-17-2013 at 03:33 PM.
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
admiral1942
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369653
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2007 STi
White on Black

Default

You know Im in this time!!!
admiral1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
gamboa98
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 204094
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Anaheim Hills
Vehicle:
2004 STI
BLACK

Default

Subscribed
And down like James Brown
gamboa98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
bobblehead230
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321543
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: eastvale
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
pasmabluepearl

Default

This time I'll be sure not to try and record video and drive at the same time
bobblehead230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
gamboa98
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 204094
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Anaheim Hills
Vehicle:
2004 STI
BLACK

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead230 View Post
This time I'll be sure not to try and record video and drive at the same time
Just bring a copilot...
gamboa98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
subienoobie2029
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 260706
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County, CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Sedan
DGM

Default

Sweet I'm down to join in on this!
subienoobie2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
STi_AnT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198603
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim, CA
Vehicle:
2005 STi
White on black

Default

Im in and ill post some pics later tonight then when the finished product is done
STi_AnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
13WRX90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366240
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
DGM

Default

I'm just gonna bring this quote in from the BOObaru Caravan thread since it relates to the Xmas caravan :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead230 View Post
For Christmas, I think that there's still neighborhoods that do light displays, maybe could cruise to those? idk tho everyone thinks everyone else is a rapist murderer child molesting terrorist these days so they may not do that anymore
There's a pretty big spot in Chino that does it every year. Somewhere off of Walnut Ave, I'd have to search around to get the exact location. Some houses get some pretty crazy displays going and you'll see lines of cars and people going through the neighborhoods. I haven't been in a couple years though, hopefully they're still doing it.
A charity event would be a nice addition too, personally I prefer something like Toys For Tots or any version of toy drives.
13WRX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #9
STi_AnT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198603
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim, CA
Vehicle:
2005 STi
White on black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WRX90 View Post
I'm just gonna bring this quote in from the BOObaru Caravan thread since it relates to the Xmas caravan :P

There's a pretty big spot in Chino that does it every year. Somewhere off of Walnut Ave, I'd have to search around to get the exact location. Some houses get some pretty crazy displays going and you'll see lines of cars and people going through the neighborhoods. I haven't been in a couple years though, hopefully they're still doing it.
A charity event would be a nice addition too, personally I prefer something like Toys For Tots or any version of toy drives.
Charity event/Meet where kids can come and get their christmas gift and see our cars and get inside so they can feel like they are driving the car
STi_AnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #10
recce02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13815
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Good ol Temecula
Vehicle:
02 GCRally prepped
277TQ 281HP 19PSI

Default

That is a great idea you have going! Good luck to all of you and its great to see the community getting together to do something positive.
recce02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral1942 View Post
You know Im in this time!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboa98 View Post
Subscribed
And down like James Brown
*James Brown's "HEY!"*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead230 View Post
This time I'll be sure not to try and record video and drive at the same time
Lol just leave the goproing to us. Or, pick up an iPhone windshield mount and you're good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subienoobie2029 View Post
Sweet I'm down to join in on this!
Aw yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_AnT View Post
Im in and ill post some pics later tonight then when the finished product is done


Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WRX90 View Post
I'm just gonna bring this quote in from the BOObaru Caravan thread since it relates to the Xmas caravan :P

There's a pretty big spot in Chino that does it every year. Somewhere off of Walnut Ave, I'd have to search around to get the exact location. Some houses get some pretty crazy displays going and you'll see lines of cars and people going through the neighborhoods. I haven't been in a couple years though, hopefully they're still doing it.
A charity event would be a nice addition too, personally I prefer something like Toys For Tots or any version of toy drives.
I think by whatever the poll says by the beginning of December we will have to find the most condensed spot(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_AnT View Post
Charity event/Meet where kids can come and get their christmas gift and see our cars and get inside so they can feel like they are driving the car
I'm down to let kids sit in the cars as long as they're not all sticky and wash their hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce02 View Post
That is a great idea you have going! Good luck to all of you and its great to see the community getting together to do something positive.
Thanks! Spread the word!
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
recce02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13815
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Good ol Temecula
Vehicle:
02 GCRally prepped
277TQ 281HP 19PSI

Default

Just so you know, for your toys drop off. Motor 4 toys does a huge car show with all kinds of vintage and exotics that show up full of toys. Like Lambos stuffed with toys type of stuff.
Dustin, the organiser of the show usually posts here on the event. Of not I'll get the flyer for you guys when its out.
recce02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce02 View Post
Just so you know, for your toys drop off. Motor 4 toys does a huge car show with all kinds of vintage and exotics that show up full of toys. Like Lambos stuffed with toys type of stuff.
Dustin, the organiser of the show usually posts here on the event. Of not I'll get the flyer for you guys when its out.
Awesome! Do you know where they usually meet/deliver the toys at? or is it always different?
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
SW4GGON
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 345478
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: North OC, CA
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Definately diwn for Toys for Tots, wouldnt mind giving some kids Subaru toy cars or other subaru themed toys!
SW4GGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW4GGON View Post
Definately diwn for Toys for Tots, wouldnt mind giving some kids Subaru toy cars or other subaru themed toys!
that would be cool except i would be too tempted to keep them myself I think on the T4T's website they have some sort of wish list or something.
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
recce02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13815
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Good ol Temecula
Vehicle:
02 GCRally prepped
277TQ 281HP 19PSI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH MAGNUS View Post

Awesome! Do you know where they usually meet/deliver the toys at? or is it always different?
Not sure on location. But as soon as I get the flyer ill forward it.
recce02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
admiral1942
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369653
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2007 STi
White on Black

Default

So i found this on the toys for tots website... this may be a good place to start to get some questions answered... if we wanna put a list of questions we need answered... i have no problem at all contacting them and asking. let me know where i can help!!!

Toy Requests For Non-Profits Organizations: Non–profit organization need to request toys through St. Vincent de Paul. Point of contact is Demetria Lee, (714)542-0448, 1505 E. 17TH Street Ste 109, Santa Ana, CA 92705, demetria@svdpoc.org Applications will be accepted for cities in ORANGE COUNTY ONLY.

Cities Covered: All cities in ORANGE COUNTY & LONG BEACH.
admiral1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #18
Handalurskandal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319136
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
Black

Default

I'm in for this.
Man gives me such a good feeling to see the type of community subarus have.
I'm in and sure I knew a few other subies who will join as well.
Handalurskandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #19
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral1942 View Post
So i found this on the toys for tots website... this may be a good place to start to get some questions answered... if we wanna put a list of questions we need answered... i have no problem at all contacting them and asking. let me know where i can help!!!

Toy Requests For Non-Profits Organizations: Non–profit organization need to request toys through St. Vincent de Paul. Point of contact is Demetria Lee, (714)542-0448, 1505 E. 17TH Street Ste 109, Santa Ana, CA 92705, demetria@svdpoc.org Applications will be accepted for cities in ORANGE COUNTY ONLY.

Cities Covered: All cities in ORANGE COUNTY & LONG BEACH.
Good man, admiral! Yeah, if you don't mind, could you contact them and report back with the details? Thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handalurskandal View Post
I'm in for this.
Man gives me such a good feeling to see the type of community subarus have.
I'm in and sure I knew a few other subies who will join as well.
me too. Cool, bud, spread the word!
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #20
13WRX90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366240
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH MAGNUS View Post
I think by whatever the poll says by the beginning of December we will have to find the most condensed spot(s).
Yea I'm just brainstorming some spots at this point.

Anyway, I've been doing a couple searches for toy drives, more-so ones the kids participate in instead of only a drop-off.
I looked into that Motor 4 Toys event mentioned, looks like it's on December 1st in Woodland Hills. So it'd definitely be a drive out there, lots of caravan video time and since it's on a Sunday traffic should be minimal.
Here's a link to event info I found through the M4T website, events exact address is also on the flyer.
http://www.supercarsunday.com/10th-a...y-dec-1st-2013

Last edited by 13WRX90; 10-30-2013 at 07:46 AM.
13WRX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #21
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WRX90 View Post
Yea I'm just brainstorming some spots at this point.

Anyway, I've been doing a couple searches for toy drives, more-so ones the kids participate in instead of only a drop-off.
I looked into that Motor 4 Toys event mentioned, looks like it's on December 1st in Woodland Hills. So it'd definitely be a drive out there, lots of caravan video time and since it's on a Sunday traffic should be minimal.
Here's a link to event info I found through the M4T website, events exact address is also on the flyer.
http://www.supercarsunday.com/10th-a...y-dec-1st-2013
Holy hell, that's way out there! Hmmmmmm
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #22
admiral1942
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369653
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2007 STi
White on Black

Default

Is there anything specific you want me to ask them? Maybe where they have an event that we can all cruise to and drop of toys for kids who will be at the drop off location? If not maybe a place where we can pick up donations and take to different drop off points?... you guys let me know and I'll call them tomorrow.
admiral1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral1942 View Post
Is there anything specific you want me to ask them? Maybe where they have an event that we can all cruise to and drop of toys for kids who will be at the drop off location? If not maybe a place where we can pick up donations and take to different drop off points?... you guys let me know and I'll call them tomorrow.
i think like any events that we can cruise to that will have kids there so not only can we drop off the gifts, but also so they can climb in the cars if they want. also, if wee need to wrap the gifts, what type of toys do they want, etc. thanks bud!
DARTH MAGNUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
admiral1942
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369653
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2007 STi
White on Black

Default

OK bud I'll go crazy with the questions. I was also thinking, if people are interested, is set up some kind of donation center where we all meet up and take in toys people want to donate and the deliver them when its time. Just an idea.
admiral1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #25
xcelrr8
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302342
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: ?
Default

I know it's last minute and out of the way for some of you but there's a toy drive this weekend in Valencia. This event sends all the toys down to the Motor4Toys car show in December. Check it out if you're in the area.

xcelrr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.