Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday April 28, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Scoobies for Boobies
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316568
Lightbulb Any Little Bit Helps

This weekend I ran to the car wash for a much needed bath for my WRX. After discussing with the attendant that yes, the car was indeed mine, he asked me about the vinyl on my rear window. After giving him a very brief description of Scoobies for Boobies (SFB), he told me that his mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer and just had a mastectomy. He thanked me for my efforts, right as the suds and water rushed over me and Wrex.

When I joined NESIC I very quickly learned "join for the cars, stay for the people." The Subaru community has introduced me to people around the country and world. It has brought me a team of women and men, supporters and sponsors that have made SFB as big as it is. Our team gets emails and texts with stories and pictures from around the US of SFB gear. We receive emails, PMs and Facebook messages from supporters who have been personally touched by the disease.

I shared the love. Supporters and sponsors shared the love. THIS is what makes the Subaru enthusiast community so great to be in and so awesome to work with.

The statement "any little bit helps" is something that gets thrown around a lot, but I don't know that people really see the truth behind it. Think about this, if every active member of NASIOC donated $1 tomorrow we'd raise almost $50,000.

“Any little bit” could be a monetary donation, it could be a service, it could be a raffle item. It could be food for a fundraising event. It could be volunteering some of your personal time for a fundraiser. It could be telling your local community about the cause via SFB vinyl, stickers, or other merch.

NASIOC's efforts are rad! Check out the LTD Pink Breast Cancer Ribbon vinyl. There are a slew of other merchandise supporting SFB - check it out on our website.

Maybe you're interested in hosting a fundraiser, but not sure where to start. We are happy to help guide you through the process. Or maybe you just have some general comments or questions about the team and our cause. You can email me at sarah at scoobiesforboobies dot org or visit our website and contact us there.

As always, thank you so much for your support!

-Sarah/Team SFB
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Scoobies for Boobies; 10-29-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Scoobies for Boobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
wit2003
Scooby Guru

Member#: 104395
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Element/06 Ford
F-350PSD/87MC-SS/03 Lego

wit2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
25rsti
Scooby Guru

Member#: 166324
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
3 turbos &n NA
@DBlockSTi

Too bad more members don't think like you.
25rsti is offline   Reply With Quote