Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #51
Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 60082
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

Default

Is that a have mod list or plan to mod list?

I ask because there is no differentiation about what you have and plan to purchase for upgrades. In essence, this implies you already have done the mods, already have a 20GTX, and therefore already have had the car on a dyno and tuned. Power output would be known. In which case, I don't know why this thread exists. You should already be at 400whp with that turbo unless you have a flow restriction which I don't really see from your mods. The intake's upgraded, the exhaust is upgraded, and you have the fuel flow for it. We could argue engine internals, but people seem to hit 400whp fine without head work and cams, nor any upgrade to the intake manifold. The specific dyno may read high or low, but that's about it. Dyno numbers can be quite arbitrary and fudged. Just care about the power curve. For a 20G, you should be making a little more peak hp than peak torque. If you're not, you have a flow problem. If you have more hp than torque on your curves, then you're sitting pretty good for what a 20G should do.

If this is not the case, then is all the stiff simply planned but not had or what's current and what's future?

Any reason on the choice in meth? Is E85 up there yet?

What HU you running?

<==== Still uses his original AOL e-mail from the mid 90s. Don't rip on AOL foos! Yeah, I'm talking to you toph!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #52
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Road Runner View Post
Is that a have mod list or plan to mod list? I ask because there is no differentiation about what you have and plan to purchase for upgrades. In essence, this implies you already have done the mods, already have a 20GTX, and therefore already have had the car on a dyno and tuned. Power output would be known. In which case, I don't know why this thread exists. You should already be at 400whp with that turbo unless you have a flow restriction which I don't really see from your mods. The intake's upgraded, the exhaust is upgraded, and you have the fuel flow for it. We could argue engine internals, but people seem to hit 400whp fine without head work and cams, nor any upgrade to the intake manifold. The specific dyno may read high or low, but that's about it. Dyno numbers can be quite arbitrary and fudged. Just care about the power curve. For a 20G, you should be making a little more peak hp than peak torque. If you're not, you have a flow problem. If you have more hp than torque on your curves, then you're sitting pretty good for what a 20G should do. If this is not the case, then is all the stiff simply planned but not had or what's current and what's future? Any reason on the choice in meth? Is E85 up there yet? What HU you running? <==== Still uses his original AOL e-mail from the mid 90s. Don't rip on AOL foos! Yeah, I'm talking to you toph!
That's all that's done right now. I haven't installed my methanol kit yet. 360 to the wheels on a mustang dyno prior to the heads port n polished, headers, intercooler, and built block. I'm going back for my final tune in January after the install of the hfs-3 meth kit.

No e85 in canada anywhere. We do have 94 at chevron though. And I plan to run 50-50 water meth because I hear 100 meth is hard on the lines long term, and water mix is much safer to have in car incase of accident.
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #53
Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 60082
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

Default

Yeah it's a shame. E85's a nice, easy way to get some oomph. I've been running it since last spring.

Do you have the old dyno plot?
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #54
austinfritts
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247014
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Tacompton
Vehicle:
05 sti w/ Fp black
Wide Body Satin Mystique

Default

I'm at 400whp on my 20g 850cc injectors / 255wally/ full catless exhaust headers back /44mm Ewg Pump gas
austinfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #55
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Road Runner View Post
Yeah it's a shame. E85's a nice, easy way to get some oomph. I've been running it since last spring. Do you have the old dyno plot?
I'm sure I have it somewhere. I had head gasket issues though and the torque was super low. I think around 330ish


Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfritts View Post
I'm at 400whp on my 20g 850cc injectors / 255wally/ full catless exhaust headers back /44mm Ewg Pump gas

Pump 92?
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #56
idratherbesurfing
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 282972
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2006 Sti
cgm

Default

06 STI Blouch 20g 8cm, Stock motor, everyother mod. 20psi 360/360 on a dyno jet Tuned by Cleo at Precision Tuning. ....I just bought a meth kit and planning my motor build. plan on maxing out this turbo and see where that takes me.

In my opinion the 20g has to be one of the best turbo for street use, spools fast great top end as well...Its just fun to have!
idratherbesurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #57
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbesurfing View Post
06 STI Blouch 20g 8cm, Stock motor, everyother mod. 20psi 360/360 on a dyno jet Tuned by Cleo at Precision Tuning. ....I just bought a meth kit and planning my motor build. plan on maxing out this turbo and see where that takes me. In my opinion the 20g has to be one of the best turbo for street use, spools fast great top end as well...Its just fun to have!
I agree, I like the quick spool and good range power band. I do plan to max out my turbo. I'll post a dyno graph in January when it's got the methanol kit installed.
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #58
mod maniac
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300551
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: mariposa ca.
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

Default

I am at 400 on my hybrid with 91 + meth. I run a kinugawa td06-20g, bc 272's, tomei el header, amr tmi, devil's own meth kit, ++++++
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2563174
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #59
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod maniac View Post
I am at 400 on my hybrid with 91 + meth. I run a kinugawa td06-20g, bc 272's, tomei el header, amr tmi, devil's own meth kit, ++++++ http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2563174
On how much psi? And 50/50 meth water?
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #60
mod maniac
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300551
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: mariposa ca.
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

Default

23 psi 50/50
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #61
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod maniac View Post
23 psi 50/50
That's awesome, I'm hoping to be around there. I was using turbosmart hypergate 45, jus switched to a tial wastegate because I was tired of getting different springs and the turbosmart used multiple springs. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 23 psi with the 50/50 methanol water.
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #62
mod maniac
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300551
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: mariposa ca.
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

Default

^^^ if it wasn't for my stock 5 spd We would have gone for more hp.
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #63
Wrexscubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 375357
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default

Put down 417whp fully built motor, 20g rebuilt with garret internals.
Wrexscubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #64
raggedoutsti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 255714
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: katy tx
Vehicle:
2005 STi
psm

Default

I used to have a tdo5 18g that put down 330 wheel 340 tq, it raped 90 in the 8th mile so pretty low reading dyno i believe (Mustang). I then got a td06 20g and the motor gave out on the dyno, but it was just south of 350
100% meth with 2 nozzles being sprayed
dw 850 cc
and walbro 255

your 20g is probably much bigger than mine was so i think you have a decent shot at hitting 400, just depends on the dyno i think
raggedoutsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #65
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedoutsti View Post
I used to have a tdo5 18g that put down 330 wheel 340 tq, it raped 90 in the 8th mile so pretty low reading dyno i believe (Mustang). I then got a td06 20g and the motor gave out on the dyno, but it was just south of 350 100% meth with 2 nozzles being sprayed dw 850 cc and walbro 255 your 20g is probably much bigger than mine was so i think you have a decent shot at hitting 400, just depends on the dyno i think
You think with the 1000cc injectors it would be better for the 20g or just overkill? I have pretty much what you got but I got a little head work done and tomei headers, up pipe and ewg other than all the other supporting mods.

Which meth kit did you run? I'm seeing mixed reviews on the hfs-3 from aquamist. **** wasn't cheap.
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #66
vf22Bugeye11
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 272096
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nevada
Vehicle:
2002 6Speed swap wrx
WRB DCCD PRO-Retro JDM's

Default

This little man and his thread should be trashed by now !
vf22Bugeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #67
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 50586
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego N Oahu North Shore
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Flappy bird edition

Default

I did it, you can search for my thread in proven power bragging..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladeenster View Post
For people with 20g turbos, how much power are you pushing at what psi? And what is your inlet size? Also what supporting mods do you have. Curious to hear.

I will be installing aquamist hfs-3 and running 50/50 meth water with my blouch 20gxt. Hoping to hit around 400whp. Is it possible?

Supporting mods:
Headers
Intake
Built short block
Port n polish heads
Fmic
Turbo back exhaust
Tgv deletes
External wastegate
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #68
raggedoutsti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 255714
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: katy tx
Vehicle:
2005 STi
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladeenster View Post
You think with the 1000cc injectors it would be better for the 20g or just overkill? I have pretty much what you got but I got a little head work done and tomei headers, up pipe and ewg other than all the other supporting mods.

Which meth kit did you run? I'm seeing mixed reviews on the hfs-3 from aquamist. **** wasn't cheap.
it's never bad to have a little overkill with your injectors, and i also had ewg (38mm) and i was using an AEM meth kit with 2 injecting nozzles 100% meth. But the fact that you have your heads done... i would be shocked if you dont make north of 375
raggedoutsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #69
ProfessWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323379
Join Date: Jun 2012
Vehicle:
06 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedoutsti View Post

it's never bad to have a little overkill with your injectors
"Little overkill" being an oxymoron, I disagree. There is certainly potential for a bad point to oversizing injectors.
ProfessWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #70
raggedoutsti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 255714
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: katy tx
Vehicle:
2005 STi
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessWRX View Post
"Little overkill" being an oxymoron, I disagree. There is certainly potential for a bad point to oversizing injectors.
it's not like he is running 2200cc injectors for pump gas... 1000cc for his goal should be good right?
raggedoutsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #71
mod maniac
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300551
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: mariposa ca.
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

Default

I run 1000's on mine.
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #72
FrkKevin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 151576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Vehicle:
2005 GT40 Legacy
SWP

Default

Wife's 05 Forester XT

FP20g TD06 3" inlet 8cm housing

380whp/380ftlb 23psi E85 on a mustang dyno


Last edited by FrkKevin; 12-07-2013 at 12:39 PM.
FrkKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #73
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf22Bugeye11 View Post
This little man and his thread should be trashed by now !
Thanks for your contribution.
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:02 AM   #74
Aladeenster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374582
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Spokane Washington
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Matte Orange

Default

Put down 418whp/409tq @ 21psi with 94 octane and 100% methanol.
Aladeenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #75
Scooby921
Merci Buckets
Moderator
 
Member#: 88606
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Clarkston
Vehicle:
2011 GMC Sierra
'13 JCW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladeenster View Post
Put down 418whp/409tq @ 21psi with 94 octane and 100% methanol.
Nicely done. Congrats on the result. Always feels good to hit the target. Then again once you do it and exceed it you always want a little more .






And do me a favor in the future. If people are being ******** or not giving you the info you are looking for in your thread please refrain from name calling losing your cool. It's not necessary or appreciated here. People read this forum at work and around their family members (sometimes children). Jumping off the deep end because someone tells you that results are easy to find is a bit silly. I just read through the whole thread and was a bit disappointed. I can't say the comments from a few others were acceptable either, but calling someone a homo because you don't like their answer is a quick way to derail your own thread into a worthless bitch-fest.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.