Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
arcmpower
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 229419
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STi
WR BLUE

Default Kinda OCD/stupid but still need advice

Hi, I love my 2011 Subaru STi and I have babied it since day one I bought it (in fact, I only drive it in good weather so it still has less than 10k miles). It has been given the privilege of a parking garage. But I just got a GLK350 a week ago and I love both cars equally. I have been unable to decide which car deserves the parking garage (I only have 1 space, my brother uses the other). I mean, I live in the city and parking off the street might cause bumper damage from other inconsiderate drivers. I mean what would you guys do if you were me?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
arcmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Ricanracer21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334871
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmpower View Post
Hi, I love my 2011 Subaru STi and I have babied it since day one I bought it (in fact, I only drive it in good weather so it still has less than 10k miles). It has been given the privilege of a parking garage. But I just got a GLK350 a week ago and I love both cars equally. I have been unable to decide which car deserves the parking garage (I only have 1 space, my brother uses the other). I mean, I live in the city and parking off the street might cause bumper damage from other inconsiderate drivers. I mean what would you guys do if you were me?
The STI deserves the spotttttt
Ricanracer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
aznbadboixx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369650
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default

Tell your brother to move his car
aznbadboixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
i_c_the_light
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 88618
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: New Zealand
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy
"The Silver Slug"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmpower View Post
Hi, I love my 2011 Subaru STi and I have babied it since day one I bought it (in fact, I only drive it in good weather so it still has less than 10k miles). It has been given the privilege of a parking garage. But I just got a GLK350 a week ago and I love both cars equally. I have been unable to decide which car deserves the parking garage (I only have 1 space, my brother uses the other). I mean, I live in the city and parking off the street might cause bumper damage from other inconsiderate drivers. I mean what would you guys do if you were me?
Sell both and get the bus.
i_c_the_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_c_the_light View Post
Sell both and get the bus.
nah...he's in chi-town...he just jump on the L

and sell the sti....let somebody who is gonna DRIVE THE DAMNED THING
enjoy it.
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
drewhumphrey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 352025
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Indiana
Vehicle:
2008 Outback Sport
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

You ask a SUBARU forum which one to keep in the garage. the answer is obvious!
drewhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Daniel Dudley
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307610
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Far Out
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon

Default

You live in the city, and you want to park a low miles STI on the street ?

You only have one secure parking space, but you want 2 nice cars ?

You understand that if anything happens to either of your babies it will be on you, Right ?
Daniel Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
STiScooby213
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 263036
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi *sold*
2013 PBP WRX STI

Default

Sell one (glk) and replace it with a beater that you can park ANYWHERE.

I bought one for the very same reason. Some stupid douchebag had backed up into my Sti's hood when I was at work (have to park on the street). Now i take my beater to work and use my sti on the weekends.

I've even saved on gas and my insurance dropped:-)
STiScooby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
lingling1337
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312120
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nebraska
Default

Keep the GLK and buy a track car. Or keep the GLK and wait until you live in an area closer to the track, and then buy a track car.

Honestly how often do you get to rip it on the streets of Chicago?
lingling1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
Hammer0fman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342555
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA/Stratford,CT
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 302whp
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_c_the_light View Post

Sell both and get the bus.
Yes!! Yesss the bus!
Hammer0fman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmpower View Post
Hi, I love my 2011 Subaru STi and I have babied it since day one I bought it (in fact, I only drive it in good weather so it still has less than 10k miles). It has been given the privilege of a parking garage. But I just got a GLK350 a week ago and I love both cars equally. I have been unable to decide which car deserves the parking garage (I only have 1 space, my brother uses the other). I mean, I live in the city and parking off the street might cause bumper damage from other inconsiderate drivers. I mean what would you guys do if you were me?
Whichever one you drive less of I'd leave in the garage.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Dale2011WRX
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 304299
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nor'East
Vehicle:
2011 WRX, white
2014 Crosstrek, tangerine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmpower View Post
Hi, I love my 2011 Subaru STi and I have babied it since day one I bought it (in fact, I only drive it in good weather so it still has less than 10k miles).
Why buy AWD if you're only going to drive it in good weather?
Dale2011WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2011WRX View Post
Why buy AWD if you're only going to drive it in good weather?
Because people can? Because people like the AWD as far as acceleration? Seriously? You're asking that even though you have one yourself?
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #14
Dale2011WRX
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 304299
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nor'East
Vehicle:
2011 WRX, white
2014 Crosstrek, tangerine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Because people can? Because people like the AWD as far as acceleration? Seriously? You're asking that even though you have one yourself?
Yes, people can, I suppose that covers pretty much any question. Yes, seriously, I'm asking that. One of the main reasons I have one is because it's my only car and we have winter up here. If I was going to have a "good weather" car I'd probably go with rear wheel drive and not give away the power to the second drivetrain.
Dale2011WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2011WRX View Post
Yes, people can, I suppose that covers pretty much any question. Yes, seriously, I'm asking that. One of the main reasons I have one is because it's my only car and we have winter up here. If I was going to have a "good weather" car I'd probably go with rear wheel drive and not give away the power to the second drivetrain.
There's a significant portion of people on this forum who live in California that don't normally see snow without going up to the mountains. They have Subaru vehicles too.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #16
Dale2011WRX
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 304299
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nor'East
Vehicle:
2011 WRX, white
2014 Crosstrek, tangerine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
There's a significant portion of people on this forum who live in California that don't normally see snow without going up to the mountains. They have Subaru vehicles too.
That has nothing to do with my point, which is that it seems silly to have an AWD car and put it away when the weather gets bad.
Dale2011WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2011WRX View Post
That has nothing to do with my point, which is that it seems silly to have an AWD car and put it away when the weather gets bad.
It does make sense if you baby it (which the OP said he does) or don't have enough money to buy winter tires. Or you'd rather take the bus instead of drive to work with all the idiots on the road. It has everything to do with your point too. ;D Honestly do you think someone is going to go outside and drive a GT-R to work in the snow just because it has AWD? I'm sure they'd rather take their STi DD instead of the GT-R. ;D
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
arcmpower
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 229419
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STi
WR BLUE

Default

I would never take the bus and is impossible to anyways cuz I work in the suburb lol Well, someone made a good point to me, parking the STi on the street in Chicago basically the same as asking someone to steal (wheels, etc.) So I guess the STi will win the spot.
arcmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #19
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmpower View Post
I would never take the bus and is impossible to anyways cuz I work in the suburb lol Well, someone made a good point to me, parking the STi on the street in Chicago basically the same as asking someone to steal (wheels, etc.) So I guess the STi will win the spot.
Lol, what about the GLK? They might as well steal the GLK since it's worth more than your STi wheels.

Wrong. You would never take the bus because you're too prideful.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #20
arcmpower
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 229419
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STi
WR BLUE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Lol, what about the GLK? They might as well steal the GLK since it's worth more than your STi wheels.

Wrong. You would never take the bus because you're too prideful.
No bus/train goes to where I work and I dont work fix schedule, so no public transportation.

I think the people who steal wheels kinda target the "hot" tuners-type of vehicles. Honestly speaking, I also think the sti wheels look more attractive to be stolen than the mb stock wheels.
arcmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
Dale2011WRX
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 304299
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nor'East
Vehicle:
2011 WRX, white
2014 Crosstrek, tangerine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
It does make sense if you baby it (which the OP said he does) or don't have enough money to buy winter tires. Or you'd rather take the bus instead of drive to work with all the idiots on the road. It has everything to do with your point too. ;D Honestly do you think someone is going to go outside and drive a GT-R to work in the snow just because it has AWD? I'm sure they'd rather take their STi DD instead of the GT-R. ;D
Wow, that's an impressive spiral of nonsense you put together there.
Dale2011WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2011WRX View Post
Wow, that's an impressive spiral of nonsense you put together there.
Don't worry. Not everyone wants a RWD sports car like you just because there's "good weather." Some of us actually like AWD for more than just the winter driving. It's not always about the MPG, Mr. Prius.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #23
CanadianSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296464
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

If both your cars are nicer then your brothers...
Tell your brother to park on the street and take both spots!
CanadianSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #24
KW521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 118613
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
2013 XV Crosstrek
Tangerine Orange Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSTi View Post
If both your cars are nicer then your brothers... Tell your brother to park on the street and take both spots!
He makes a really good point
KW521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #25
Dale2011WRX
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 304299
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nor'East
Vehicle:
2011 WRX, white
2014 Crosstrek, tangerine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Don't worry. Not everyone wants a RWD sports car like you just because there's "good weather." Some of us actually like AWD for more than just the winter driving. It's not always about the MPG, Mr. Prius.
What a moron.
Dale2011WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.