Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 5, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:01 PM   #1
Hondaslayer
think you

Member#: 4562
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1995 Legacy LSi
1998 Forester, lifted.

Default Tec 1 (thats right 1) question

I recently acquired an Old Skool new in box tec1 unit and was wondering if this could be adapted for scooby use? Anyone even using these dinosaurs? It was originally intended for corvette use.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2002, 01:44 PM   #2
sherifx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10780
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
---- BRZ
Galaxy Blue Silica

Talk to Shiv at Vishnu, he could prolly lend you a hand

sherif
sherifx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 02:06 PM   #3
8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 FXT
Red

Contact Electromotive about it's outputs and whatnot. I'm guessing it will work, but it may not have enough outputs to work everything in the scoob without troubles.
8Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 10:36 PM   #4
Hondaslayer
think you

Member#: 4562
Vehicle:
1995 Legacy LSi
1998 Forester, lifted.

Nick, Sherif. Will do. Hey ya cant beat the low low price of I'll trade ya a 5mt and 4.11.1 diff fer that tec unit ya got there
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:07 AM   #5
Austin
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7089

Quote:
Originally posted by 8Complex
Contact Electromotive about it's outputs and whatnot. I'm guessing it will work, but it may not have enough outputs to work everything in the scoob without troubles.
I don't know all the outputs on a TEC1, but I'd be willing to bet it'll work just fine. Even with TEC2/3, I'm not using all the outputs, nor are all car functions controlled by the TEC. The stock ecu still controls several things. As long as you still have a stock ecu, you can give the TEC control over timing and fueling, and that's all you need.
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote