Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
henressyy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 360246
Default Crawford AOS Install w/ Photos (2013 WRX w/ s0718 TMIC/stock)

After tons of time spent trying to find a good Crawford AOS install instruction for '11-'14 WRX, I figured I'd make my own after using IAPerformance
and CRAWFORD and trying to figure out what goes where and how.

This is my way of the install and I am not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle! It is your choice to follow these instructions. If anyone notices anything is incorrect or should be done differently, please feel free to chime in! I am just updating some things that the other 2 threads need.

*note - I am limited to only 10 pics so refer to IA's thread for some pics.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2011986

Tools needed:
-12mm socket
-10mm socket
-8mm socket
-lube/wd-40
-short phillips or flathead screwdriver
-pocket screw driver or tiny flathead
-radiator hook
-angled needle nose pliers
-regular pliers
-hose pliers unless you can pull of/install the hoses with your buffness
-flashlight to see better
-optional: 6 pack of beer
and that's all I can remember.

Step 1 - Remove your TMIC, as stated by IA, you are guaranteed to fail the AOS install if you can't do this.
(3x12mm bolts and 2x10mm bolts)

Step 2 - Remove crank case breather

what it looks on '13 wrx:

Step 3 - Install Y pipe (refer to IA)
My kit came with a big short hose (forgot to take a pic) and that's what you'll use to insert the y pipe into and install that into the crankcase hole.
You'll need some lube to get the y pipe into the big short hose and the hose into the crankcase hole.

Step 4 - Electrical plug from PCV (refer to IA)
There are 3 white plugs located behind your intake manifold. The one in the middle is what IA is referring to.

Keep the connector connected and I used the provided cap to cap off the end with a ziptie as well. Tuck this away under your manifold or wherever you like/can.

Step 5 - Cap off the holes (refer to IA)
In your kit, you should have a little bolt looking with an allen opening. Insert that bolt into the bigger hose.
I used a bolt laying around to plug the smaller hose, wrapped it with teflon and ziptied.

Step 6 - Head breather tube (refer to IA)

'13 wrx's hard breather tube looks a bit different. Remove this hose (3x10mm I think, and 3 hoses connected to it). 2 hoses at each end that connects to white plugs that lead to the head.
Disconnected the hose from the white plugs.
3rd hose is located underneath the intake manifold. It is attached to your intake inlet hose. (my hook tool is pointing to it. this is where a needle nose is your best friend.)
Push aside your harness carefully and squeeze the breather tube out

There was one 10mm holding the harness. Sit your harness correctly in plate. Reinstall that 10mm.

Step 7 -Here is the tricky part that I had to figure out.

Keep that connected to the left/driver side head and keep the plug connected to the hose to the head. Pull off the 4ish inch hose from the other end of the white plug that was connected to the breather tube.

Step 8 -Insert your longest 1/2" hose provided in the kit and run it over the top of your manifold.

Connect the T provided into the other end of this long hose. May need some force/lube.

Step 9 - As stated in step 7, do the same for the other side. Use the 11" hose and connect it to the white plug and connect the other end to the T.

Step 10 - Connect the the 10" hose to the end of the T and to the upper side of the AOS.

Step 11 - Connect the 22" long, 1/2" width to bottom of AOS and bottom of the Y connector. Use the longer fire sleeve with this hose.

Step 12 - Coolant hose replacements: Refer to Crawford steps 11 to 14. (Heater hoses 13.5" and 19" are used and will go to lower side of AOS and rear of AOS. Don't forget your hose clamps! I also use the fire sleeves for these hoses, as stated by Crawford.

Step 13 - Connect the 24" hose from the very top of the AOS to the intake inlet hose as stated in 6 (pointed out by my hook tool).

Step 14 - Make sure everything is secured, ziptied, all okay.

Step 15 - Start your car up and enjoy your AOS!

NOTE: I started up my car and noticed that when I tapped the gas pedal, the car stuttered a bit. Plug in my accessport and noticed my boost gauge not working.
Reason:

This hose came off when I was going after the intake hose. Plugged it back in and my gauge started working.

Goodluck!

Shoutout to Crawford for making an awesome product and providing instructions.
Shoutout to IAPerformance for having the groupbuy and being awesome.
Shoutout to cheizy for his support (my cousin)
And lastly Bun (don't know his username) (blue sedan with feals and vsp wheels) but he helped me over the phone!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
henressyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
wakeupandbord
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325523
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

subscribed nukka!
wakeupandbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
IA Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 25194
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 Forester XT 5mt
Dark Gray

Good write up!

Stephen
IA Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
heyitzdinny
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 163680

Will this layout work on 07 model?
heyitzdinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
IA Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 25194
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 Forester XT 5mt
Dark Gray

The 2007 WRX layout will be the same, or very similar to, the 2004-2007 STi as well as 2008-2014 STi. Here is an install guide:

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/w..._Version_2.pdf

amendment to page 10
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/w...CP_AOS_Fix.pdf
IA Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #6
henressyy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 360246

thanks guys!
henressyy is offline   Reply With Quote