Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Subaru Stars EJ207/Version 8 swapped Bugeye with DOM 1.5xtr turbo/meth setup inbound

hey folks,

Nomad here. I'm Florida born. Grew up in the north central Florida area (High Springs). I left there in 1995 on a summer sabbatical and rode a motorcycle to Alaska on a summer trip.

It was such a life changing experience that by the time I got to my destination (Homer, Alaska….the key west of Alaska) I was a different person than had left. I found great paying work…had a glorious career, met a great gal, raised a family, and won many different types of racing championships while here.

I recently graduated from a prestigious medical program, interviewed with a large radiology practice in North Florida, and accepted a position with them.

I will depart Alaska as soon as my tuner …Underground Performance http://www.undergroundperformance.us completes my latest round of upgrades.

My Subaru is a 1 owner, originally purchased new 2002 Bugeye. It have taken it through many stages of development to it's current status. Version 8 JDM set up, Blouch Dom 1.5xtr twin scroll, Tomei headers, custom down pipe, catless cobb exhaust, running methanol injection, lots of other goodies. I am running a 6 speed sti tranny, with lots of chassis bracing and a dccd pro setup. I have extensive chassis mods throughout the suspension and steering.

I will be departing Alaska on the 31st, driving back to Gainesville, Florida solo, planned arrival in 3rd week of April. Coming back to the Gator country.

Looking forward to meeting locals and enjoying some stories (I've got a few). I enjoy all types of motorsports competition and am interested in developing my still budding skills in a larger arena.

I am into exotic sport bikes as well and have kept two of my Aprilias (the Mille and Tuono pictured here). The Futura will stay in Alaska with my eldest son.

My wife's nephew is Ben Lamay…AMA SX pro rider, national #48 this year. He will be re joining the tour hopefully soon…he had a really nasty spill one week before the SX season started.

I also plan to return to off road motorcycle riding. Cut my teeth at Gatorback cycle park….won a Florida series as a youth, then later an Alaska state championship as a vet rider. All my old Motocross pals are Florida trail Rider association members now….so that is most likely what I will be doing…enduros, GNCC and cross country races.

Mrs. Nomad and my youngest will follow me down when the school year is over in Alaska. She has a Bugeye as well.

Namaste!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 03-22-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
jaxscuby
Sammo Hung

Member#: 10613
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 USDM WRX
WRB

Nice toys..Welcome back home!

lucky man to have a wife that also drives a subaru!..
jaxscuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxscuby View Post

lucky man to have a wife that also drives a subaru!..
yep, she understands.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
rotorious
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 378743

Cool story...Livin' the dream.
rotorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Thanks rotorius. It feels dream like at times.

I pick the car up today from the tuner and begin a week long shakedown. Things are happening fast. Departure is now Monday, March 31st. some friends are throwing me a send off party and I don't want to be hung over driving out. Will update this accordingly.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 04-16-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
intercede007
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 96511
Vehicle:
2013 DGM WRX
2013 DGM XVC

Man. I can't wait until the next central Florida meet and see this thing.

Welcome home!
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #7
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

^^ thanks intercede…..This is the latest round of build thread link http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2604726

I am most definitely going to be as involved as I can in the scene down there. Certainly will be hitting autocross events and returning to road racing…once I get a few things accomplished with the car. One of my long time good friends, who just happened to be our Alaska 'stig' moved down to the ST. Pete area last year with his family is going to join up with me to compete under my Nomad racing banner. One of the mechanics from my sponsor shop also moved out last year to the Kissimmee area. He has already signed on to crew the vehicle too.

Going to be looking at several different shops in the area for supporting further work on the car. AS my build thread says, I need to get a 73mm MAF and get tuned for 93 octane…if not E85. Any direction from knowledgable folks with built cars would be most appreciated. I have Titan motorsports in mind as they are close to the mechanic buddy.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 AM   #8
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Did 500 miles on the new setup before leaving Anchorage. Running great.

I left Anchorage yesterday and am 1108 miles into a several week trip to Florida. I am in Dease lake in upper British Columbia as I write this. Heading for Seattle and festivities there. Here is a Facebook link to keep up with the shenanigans.
https://www.facebook.com/michael.rewis

Route includes Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, PCH, Reno, Vegas, Santa Fe, Austin, TX for the MOTO GP, New Orleans, Pensacola then on to Gainesville.

Car is cruising 75mph at 3000 rpms in 6th….getting 22 mpg through the mountains.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #9
Circuit Motorsports
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 220868
Vehicle:
2005 STi Urban Camo
Orlando, FL

Nice lookin car!

We are in Orlando, if you ever make it out this way be sure to swing by our shop, we would love to see it!
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

I'll make that happen Circuit Motorsports. I'm looking to get re-established with a shop locally when I get to the gator country. I'm in Portland now….enjoying some culture after too much time in the north country.

Car is running great…I've gotten up to 29 MPG on interstates during the trip.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #11
Circuit Motorsports
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 220868
Vehicle:
2005 STi Urban Camo
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
I'll make that happen Circuit Motorsports. I'm looking to get re-established with a shop locally when I get to the gator country. I'm in Portland now….enjoying some culture after too much time in the north country.

Car is running great…I've gotten up to 29 MPG on interstates during the trip.
Awesome, we'll see ya when you get down here
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 AM   #12
2JZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 291949

Keep us updated please ! As a version 8 ej207 owner with the same headers I'm interested to see what the Dom 1.5xtr can do!

I wish you safe travels to gator county. Some trip that is!
2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Little update. Roasted my rotors and project mu pads on these great mountain roads. Ken's import service in Flagstaff, AZ hooked me up. Stop tech parts were to be had locally and they have me underway here in a sec. Great place, good service. I'll be in Santa Fe New Mexico tonight. Then onwards to Austin, TX for some Moto GP this weekend.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #14
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Enjoyed the weekend in Austin taking in the MotoGp weekend. Saw some great racing even though Marques dominated on the Honda.

I'm in Cajun country right now. Just had an awesome lunch at Prejeans in Lafeyette. Heading for the big easy next. So nice to be in the south again.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 05-10-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #15
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Arrived in Florida last night. Stayed up in Pensacola with family. I'm in the Gainesville area now. Will be dealing with my bikes tomorrow at the dealership I shipped them to. Will find a place on Friday….will be ready to play a bit over the weekend. Loving this 93 octane.

Want to arrange a tune session soon with Circuit Motorsports.

Trip has been phenomenal. Such a beautiful country we live in.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #16
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Made it in a few weeks ago and got myself set up with a home in Gainesville. 3 weeks into my job now.

Went to Daytona last week for the SCCA CFR autocross. It was very wet on Saturday….I was one of the few AWD cars and happened to be on all season tires….I set FTD by a couple seconds. The club had some trouble with timing lights at some point and began hand timing for a bit. Their site states a S2000 was FTD by a minimal margin, but if you look closely at his other runs….a 3 second improvement on a single run out of 4-5 runs is suspect. Anyways, it was only a practice day…so I didn't protest.

I was able to full up with Sunoco 112 octane at the infield of Daytona….which was quite a moment for me.

On sunday, I quickly found the limits of the all seasons in bone dry conditions. I also have a bad inside rear lift on the car…which was causing me more issues than the limiting rubber.

Car is running well still…I do have a throwout bearing squealing, and I've softened up my sway bar for this upcoming weekend's autocross in Tavares. Hope to see some folks there.