Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday May 25, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > NASIOC Project Cars

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default RallySport Direct's 2015 WRX STI Build






When we first received our STI, we were hoping to build the ultimate street car with a bit more focus on track as we were willing to sacrifice comfort for more performance, but we also did not want it to be pure track. During our build, we were hit with something that would change the course of the build, and that thing was SEMA. We always wanted the STI to be in SEMA, but we were not building it for that purpose. With our car being confirmed for SEMA, we really had to change what we were doing and why we were doing it. No longer could we go to track days as we had to keep the car clean and free from damage. We primary focused on mods that would be good for a show car, but still in the back of our mind we wanted to build this car how we wanted to build it... to a degree. With the car being featured in SEAM 14 and 15, and with SEMA 16 coming up, we are trying to think of ways to make the car different and stand out once again. Join us along the way trying to get the car ready for 2016 SEMA!



Engine:
Perrin Rotated Mount Kit With GTX3582 Turbo
Perrin FMIC
Perrin Exhaust Manifold
Cosworth Intake Manifold
Cosworth Air Pump deletes
Perrin Air Oil Separator
Perrin Battery Tie Down

Penrite Racing 5W30 oil
Prova Oil Filter
Dimple Magnetic Drain Plug M20X1.5X14

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Cobb Tuning V3 AccessPort
HKS Hi-Power Catback Exhaust
Omni Power 4 BAR Map Sensor
DeatschWerks DW65C Fuel Pump
Grimmspeed Boost Control Solenoid
Cosworth TGV Deletes
Deatschwerks Fuel Rails W/ 1200c injectors
Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley Red

Turbosmart Fuel Pressure Regulator



Interior:
JDM STi Push Button Starter
JPM Coachworks Black Alcantara With Red Stitching Center Arm Rest
JPM Coachworks Black Alcantara With Red Stitching Shift Boot
JPM Coachworks Black Alcantara With Red Stitching E-brake Boot

Cusco/Bride Stradia II Seats
Takata Green Race 4 4-Point Harness (x2)
Sparco Seat Base Driver Side
Sparco Seat Base Passenger
Perrin Adjustable Shift Knob
Perrin SI Dial



Exterior:
Lamin-X Yellow Fog Light Covers
Custom Painted APR GTC-300 Wing
APR Carbon Fiber Front Air Dam
APR Custom Splitter
APR Front Canards
HT Autos Fender Flares




Drivetrain:
Kartboy Short Throw Shifter
Kartboy Front Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushings

Perrin Engine Mounts
Perrin Pitch Stop Mount
Perrin Transmission Mount
PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft



Suspension:
HKS Hipermax IV-GT Coilovers
Cusco Rear Control Arms
Cusco Rear Trailing Arms
Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar
Whiteline Adjustable Rear Endlinks





Chassis:
Cusco Rear Trunk X-Brace
Cusco Power Steering Brace
Cusco Rear Side Power Brace
Cusco Front Crossmember Brace
Cusco Rear Subframe Brace
Cusco Front Side Power Brace





Wheels/Tires:
Volk ZE40 18x10.5 +24
Toyo R888 275/35/18

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by RallySport Direct; 05-09-2016 at 04:16 PM.
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

First set of photos with stickers applied, +3.5hp.









RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

Got the WRX and STi! Time for a review


Tested the Tomei Titanium Catback Exhaust.


Then we tested the Perrin Catback Exhaust.


Installed the TurboSmart DualPort Blow Off Valve


Loving the Accessport Stage 1 on the STi

Installed JDM STi Push Button Starter


Invidia Dual tip N1 on the 2015 STi

Kartboy Short Throw Shifter Combo

Perrin Engine, transmission and pitch stop mount installed

Process West Black TMIC

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited by RallySport Direct; 07-30-2014 at 03:51 PM.
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

Reserved!
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

Reserved!!
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
Andrewxxcarlson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 316415
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

Default

Subdddd
Andrewxxcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
TacSoob253
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336622
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Clovis, NM
Vehicle:
2015 STi (ordered)
WR Blue

Default

Can't wait to see what you guys do!
TacSoob253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Brandon2k13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 376571
Join Date: Dec 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Vehicle:
I drive a car,
and I quite like it.

Default

Quick request, you think you could snap a few more pictures of the seats so I could see how the red trim looks? Thanks guy!
Brandon2k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #9
Frostybeverage
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266862
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland, Maine
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

Default

From straight on the STI looks like an old forester ... just not a fan of the new design. It seems to have lost it's sports car, head turning, look.

However, I'm very interested to see what you guys do and if you can change my impression!
Frostybeverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #10
why?
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 1996
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Vehicle:
2007 Toyota Yaris
some ugly red color

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostybeverage View Post
From straight on the STI looks like an old forester ... just not a fan of the new design. It seems to have lost it's sports car, head turning, look.

However, I'm very interested to see what you guys do and if you can change my impression!
You say that like it is a bad thing. Blending in and not being noticed is a wonderful thing. Especially when the cops drive by you and pull over the BMW in the left lane going slower than you are.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #11
Andrewxxcarlson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 316415
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostybeverage View Post
From straight on the STI looks like an old forester ... just not a fan of the new design. It seems to have lost it's sports car, head turning, look. However, I'm very interested to see what you guys do and if you can change my impression!
Everybody is deterring from this car cuz the look...have any of "you guys" even read the technical specs of this shiiiiiiii?!

Twinscroll..direct injection...a pretty f****n solid motor...just to name the minimum of the basics to those that neglect the plus' for the look.
Don't worry it'll grow on you. They just do that.

On the sti it'll be cake to make power, great efficient power. Crazy ass spool dude I can't wait to drive a slightly modded one, just catless and a protune just to see how peppy it is. Then I'll wanna feel on ethanol. And I bet I'll be pretty f****n satisfied. All that great feeling and I'm not even thinkin bout the look anymore.

Lower it, some wheels maybe (I like the lowered on stock wheel kinda look..don't know why..maybe cuz I can't afford new wheels...) mudflaps, maybe some cool lil flashy fogs bro and a short shifter and it'll feel like home, right?

Sorry fer the rant. I need beer.
Andrewxxcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
BlueMan05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129934
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: springfield, ma
Vehicle:
2015 STi LE
Wrb

Default

Subscribed
BlueMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #13
Dpwhitehead1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139996
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Vehicle:
2016 Silverado 1500
Deep Ocean Blue

Default

Subbing to see what you all can do. Not a fan, but the older STi was the same and now I love it
Dpwhitehead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #14
BlueMan05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129934
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: springfield, ma
Vehicle:
2015 STi LE
Wrb

Default

Will the Cobb sf intake and air box fit 15 sti?
BlueMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #15
geronimo81
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154586
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Ramon
Vehicle:
1996 Turbo Outback
9psi on 91 No EM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewxxcarlson View Post
Everybody is deterring from this car cuz the look...have any of "you guys" even read the technical specs of this shiiiiiiii?!

Twinscroll..direct injection...a pretty f****n solid motor...just to name the minimum of the basics to those that neglect the plus' for the look.
Don't worry it'll grow on you. They just do that.

On the sti it'll be cake to make power, great efficient power. Crazy ass spool dude I can't wait to drive a slightly modded one, just catless and a protune just to see how peppy it is. Then I'll wanna feel on ethanol. And I bet I'll be pretty f****n satisfied. All that great feeling and I'm not even thinkin bout the look anymore.

Lower it, some wheels maybe (I like the lowered on stock wheel kinda look..don't know why..maybe cuz I can't afford new wheels...) mudflaps, maybe some cool lil flashy fogs bro and a short shifter and it'll feel like home, right?

Sorry fer the rant. I need beer.
Pretty sure it is still port injected. The wrx has direct injection. I get your point though. People need to stop complaining until after they have driven it because it sounds like it is what the STi should have been a long time ago.
geronimo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #16
Andrewxxcarlson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 316415
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo81 View Post
Pretty sure it is still port injected. The wrx has direct injection. I get your point though. People need to stop complaining until after they have driven it because it sounds like it is what the STi should have been a long time ago.
Oh I was unaware!!!
Andrewxxcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #17
cannon98
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 187775
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS
Vehicle:
16 Sti
CWP

Default

wish it was the WRX with DIT instead of the same EJ setup, :/ still sub'd though, this is the color i ordered back in FEB base WRX
cannon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #18
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacSoob253 View Post
Can't wait to see what you guys do!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon2k13 View Post
Quick request, you think you could snap a few more pictures of the seats so I could see how the red trim looks? Thanks guy!
I will put in a request to the Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostybeverage View Post
From straight on the STI looks like an old forester ... just not a fan of the new design. It seems to have lost it's sports car, head turning, look.

However, I'm very interested to see what you guys do and if you can change my impression!
Thanks, we will keep everyone in the loop. We are super excited for these new cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing. Blending in and not being noticed is a wonderful thing. Especially when the cops drive by you and pull over the BMW in the left lane going slower than you are.
Driving around in the 2015 WRX, the only looks I get are from Subaru guys. The STi might be different with the wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan05 View Post
Will the Cobb sf intake and air box fit 15 sti?
No conformation yet, but we will let you know once we confirm. It appears the only issue might be with the mount to the chassis unless there is something else I am not seeing.

Thanks guys!!!
Rick
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
BlueMan05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129934
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: springfield, ma
Vehicle:
2015 STi LE
Wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
Thanks! I will put in a request to the Photographer Thanks, we will keep everyone in the loop. We are super excited for these new cars! Driving around in the 2015 WRX, the only looks I get are from Subaru guys. The STi might be different with the wing. No conformation yet, but we will let you know once we confirm. It appears the only issue might be with the mount to the chassis unless there is something else I am not seeing. Thanks guys!!! Rick
Any intakes yet for 15 sti? I'm looking for that and ap
BlueMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #20
ionoo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317035
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2015 STI
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan05 View Post
Any intakes yet for 15 sti? I'm looking for that and ap
Cobb hasn't gotten their car yet, I called on this today so the AP is still pending.
ionoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #21
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan05 View Post
Any intakes yet for 15 sti? I'm looking for that and ap
Nothing that has been confirmed yet. We will keep everyone up to date as soon as we know anything. I'm really looking forward to see what everyone does to this new platform!

Thanks,
Rick
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #22
RallySport Direct
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
 
Member#: 33174
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Vehicle:
We are Open Late!
888-457-2559 Every day!

Default

So an update on the car, as I have put on about 330miles on it the last few days.

First the things that I like.
Suspension and Chassis out of the box is amazing! Having had an EVO X before, I am not afraid to say that apples to apples the new STi will outrun it. The new steering rack will also make this car great for autoX! The stock interior is fantastic compared to the outgoing GR, I dont like it as much as the GD personally but its leaps and bounds ahead of the GR. Stock tires are amazing, but are a little loud. The new sound system, is very good for Subaru standards (if that means anything). Last is the look of the car, every time I part the car I cant help but turn around and look at it. Some thing the car is very plain, but that is not a bad thing as I have yet to have a single cop look at the car

Things that I hate.
Stock seats are terrible, I mean they are THAT BAD! Yes they look nice, but do not hold you in at all ( I am 6'4" and 230lbs). The noise tube is driving me NUTS, it makes the car sound cheap and I on purpose have the stereo loud enough so that I cant hear it. The car has a big blind spot on both sides around the rear 1/4 panels, I find myself checking them 2-3 times before I change lanes. Reverse camera is a big "small", yes its nice but I wish it was a higher quality lens that had a wider angle.

That should cover basics for now , we will have more info as we get more miles on the car

Kirill
RallySportDirect.com
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #23
ionoo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317035
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2015 STI
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
So an update on the car, as I have put on about 330miles on it the last few days. First the things that I like. Suspension and Chassis out of the box is amazing! Having had an EVO X before, I am not afraid to say that apples to apples the new STi will outrun it. The new steering rack will also make this car great for autoX! The stock interior is fantastic compared to the outgoing GR, I dont like it as much as the GD personally but its leaps and bounds ahead of the GR. Stock tires are amazing, but are a little loud. The new sound system, is very good for Subaru standards (if that means anything). Last is the look of the car, every time I part the car I cant help but turn around and look at it. Some thing the car is very plain, but that is not a bad thing as I have yet to have a single cop look at the car Things that I hate. Stock seats are terrible, I mean they are THAT BAD! Yes they look nice, but do not hold you in at all ( I am 6'4" and 230lbs). The noise tube is driving me NUTS, it makes the car sound cheap and I on purpose have the stereo loud enough so that I cant hear it. The car has a big blind spot on both sides around the rear 1/4 panels, I find myself checking them 2-3 times before I change lanes. Reverse camera is a big "small", yes its nice but I wish it was a higher quality lens that had a wider angle. That should cover basics for now , we will have more info as we get more miles on the car Kirill RallySportDirect.com
Must be because of your height. I do not experience this blind stop on my '15 STI. I do wish the seats held a bit better but I will say they are still way better than the previous year model!!
ionoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #24
mbhammerbro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344521
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

Default

Can't wait to see this.
mbhammerbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #25
Brandon2k13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 376571
Join Date: Dec 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Vehicle:
I drive a car,
and I quite like it.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
I will put in a request to the Photographer
You're the man!
Brandon2k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.