Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #26
userduo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 385733
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco
Default

Thank you sir!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BozSketchWRX View Post
Negative,

We have a thread going on about this. Mike should have some sets ready by May for the 2015 WRX. Nicer quality better price.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2556428
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
userduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #27
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Finally they are here: Enjoy!
Enkei TSP6 18x8 +35 with 235/40R-18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 Mercedes
McGard 65554BK Chrome/Black lug nuts kit








Last edited by Bellipotens; 04-23-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #28
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

A few more pics:

Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #29
matt890
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367121
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Those rims look great! I want them for my 2013
matt890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #30
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt890 View Post
Those rims look great! I want them for my 2013
Thanks! I am very happy with them. Next pictures will be in day light and after a nice cleaning of the tires with some tire shine.

I felt these rims nicely complemented the sharp lines on the 2015 REX -> look great with this color as well.

Funny, I did not put in pressure sensors and up to now I didn't get a light...?
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #31
NIL8GM428
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 126558
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
ISM

Default

Wheels look great! Do you think you will have to roll the rear fenders with any amount of drop?
NIL8GM428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #32
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIL8GM428 View Post
Wheels look great! Do you think you will have to roll the rear fenders with any amount of drop?
I do not think I would have to roll the fenders by the initial look. Will have to take a closer look when I take pictures during the day.

Last edited by Bellipotens; 04-24-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #33
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

A few more pics to add to the previous picture attack.. hehe

Last edited by Bellipotens; 04-27-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #34
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

The ride quality was actually a bit better than the stock rims - also for anyone interested I am selling the stock tires

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...3#post41818443

Possibly rims as well

Last edited by Bellipotens; 04-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #35
Joshfl420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353788
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: S Florida
Vehicle:
10 WRX
BMP

Default

Nice car. Wondering if you changed the fuel trims a bit with the drop in filter?
Also, why choose such IMO a crappy tire for a sports car?
Also didn't choose "XL" labeled tires so the sidewalls will be softer on the new ones.


Kind of a step back IMO. Like the look of the wheels
Joshfl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #36
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfl420 View Post
Nice car. Wondering if you changed the fuel trims a bit with the drop in filter?
Also, why choose such IMO a crappy tire for a sports car?
Also didn't choose "XL" labeled tires so the sidewalls will be softer on the new ones. Kind of a step back IMO. Like the look of the wheels
These are one of the best all-weather tires out there IMO. Just cause its a sports car it does not mean it needs a sports tire to be very good. This car will be mainly driven for pleasure and long trips to upstate NY, Nova Scotia, Florida etc -ALL YEAR LONG. A sports tire is not a good match for that type of driving. A lot of my friends on LegacyGT throw these on their cars as well as a few of my other NYC WRX friends. They are almost silent on long trips (a place where sports tires tend to fail), have great grip, superb for the terrible roads in NYC etc. So I would not call it a step back or "crappy." Maybe you tend to just use the sporty tires only. But in the world of all-weather this is one of the top tires. My bro has these on his tuned 2010 Legacy 3.6R (the one in the pics) and they have been nothing but great here in NYC - yet another reason I went for them

I want an all year solution without the need to swap in winter - this satisfies my needs and more. Just check the rating these tires get - one of the best

Last edited by Bellipotens; 04-24-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #37
Joshfl420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353788
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: S Florida
Vehicle:
10 WRX
BMP

Default

I guess I didn't buy my WRX to be a mid sized econo box with "Grand Touring" tires (joke). And compared to what was on the car stock they are in fact a step back based off of specs and reviews.

I can understand the need for dual seasons and with that in mind I also think there were better options then what was chosen. I sit here for days on end reading/researching tires so I feel I can make a valid point.

In the end its your car and your $$. Congrats on the new shoes.

what about drop in filter tune?

Last edited by Joshfl420; 04-24-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Joshfl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #38
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default


Last edited by Bellipotens; 05-04-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #39
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfl420 View Post
I guess I didn't buy my WRX to be a mid sized econo box with "Grand Touring" tires (joke). And compared to what was on the car stock they are in fact a step back based off of specs and reviews.

I can understand the need for dual seasons and with that in mind I also think there were better options then what was chosen. I sit here for days on end reading/researching tires so I feel I can make a valid point.

In the end its your car and your $$. Congrats on the new shoes.

what about drop in filter tune?
LOL. GT tires don't make a car an econo box - my bros Legacy is a monster with these tires. We all have our own opinions and don't have to agree on everything here.

Drop in filter definitely made a few changes. Especially now after having it on for a week I can say that the responsiveness of the car increased as well as MPG. There might be a slight placebo effect but I'm sure that I am seeing and feeling some slight changes.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #40
Perscitus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 378214
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Blue Hole, Belize
Vehicle:
2010 Legacy 3.6R
GGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfl420 View Post
I guess I didn't buy my WRX to be a mid sized econo box with "Grand Touring" tires (joke). And compared to what was on the car stock they are in fact a step back based off of specs and reviews.
I can understand the need for dual seasons and with that in mind I also think there were better options then what was chosen. I sit here for days on end reading/researching tires so I feel I can make a valid point. In the end its your car and your $$. Congrats on the new shoes. what about drop in filter tune?
Yep, to each his own.

Racking up plenty of commuter miles and long highway trips around the country plus for a DD - relatively narrow (<245) Grand Touring are a much welcomed compromise in the road noise, comfort and roll resistance departments.

Sure, they don't give you the same bite or auto-x/track performance as some wide (>265) Ultra/Max/Extreme Perf Summers, they're not Z, W or Y rated, slick or semi-slick either... but that's not their function.

With a stock tune WRX, the wHP/wTQ just isn't there to warrant anything above High or Ultra High Perf Summer/Winter setups... GTs will do just fine too.

Past Stage II and perhaps into a built EJ territory (450 wTQ @ 4.2K RPM @ 29 PSI), sure - get all the rubber your $$$ can buy.

Last edited by Perscitus; 04-24-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Perscitus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #41
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perscitus View Post
Yep, to each his own.

Racking up plenty of commuter miles and long highway trips around the country plus for a DD - relatively narrow (<245) Grand Touring are a much welcomed compromise in the road noise, comfort and roll resistance departments.

Sure, they don't give you the same bite or auto-x/track performance as some wide (>265) Ultra/Max/Extreme Perf Summers, they're not Z, W or Y rated, slick or semi-slick either... but that's not their function.

With a stock tune WRX, the wHP/wTQ just isn't there to warrant anything above High or Ultra High Perf Summer/Winter setups.... but GTs will do just fine too.

Past Stage II and perhaps into a build EJ territory (450 wTQ @ 4.2K RPM @ 29 PSI), sure - get all the rubber your $$$ can buy.
You couldn't have put it better man! Totally agree and that is the point behind me getting the GT tires.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #42
Redeemed77
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 378138
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

Well, mark me down as another TPS6 guy...love the look and Im very interested in how much they weigh. Your car is looking really good great job.

I'm actually considering and all season Ultra performance tire myself.

Subscribed!
Redeemed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #43
Joshfl420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353788
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: S Florida
Vehicle:
10 WRX
BMP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellipotens View Post
LOL. GT tires don't make a car an econo box - my bros Legacy is a monster with these tires. We all have our own opinions and don't have to agree on everything here.

Drop in filter definitely made a few changes. Especially now after having it on for a week I can say that the responsiveness of the car increased as well as MPG. There might be a slight placebo effect but I'm sure that I am seeing and feeling some slight changes.
Cool to each their own but I just wanted to point out you left a bit of performance on the table going with the touring and may not have known about the softer sidewalls.

I asked abut the drop in since it messes with the fuel trims in the older motors so I was wondering if you made any changes to your map. But after reading I can guess your car is still stock.

IMO (again lol) I'd take the filter out if the car is in fact stock. I had to add fuel when I went drop in on my car. +1% is I rem correctly.


Everyone love everyone
Joshfl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #44
Joshfl420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353788
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: S Florida
Vehicle:
10 WRX
BMP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed77 View Post
Well, mark me down as another TPS6 guy...love the look and Im very interested in how much they weigh. Your car is looking really good great job.

I'm actually considering and all season Ultra performance tire myself.

Subscribed!
Why would you consider an all season living in Florida? Some* summer have been known to out perform "all seasons" in the wet. The all seasons really boil down to the effectiveness in certain temps (cold side).


OP sorry to thread highjack man. I'll stop
Joshfl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #45
Bellipotens
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380646
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed77 View Post
Well, mark me down as another TPS6 guy...love the look and Im very interested in how much they weigh. Your car is looking really good great job.

I'm actually considering and all season Ultra performance tire myself.

Subscribed!
We will have to do an East Coast meet of TPS6 owners! lol

If you want the all-weather tires go for it. I'm happy with my setup and not every setup will work for each drivers needs. Some are one-sided and think that only sport tires can live on these cars - so anything other than performance/summer etc is inferior and the WRX is no longer a good WRX - listen to your needs! My bro's tuned Legacy has these on and the car drives/handles/performs amazingly in all conditions.
Bellipotens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #46
Perscitus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 378214
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Blue Hole, Belize
Vehicle:
2010 Legacy 3.6R
GGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfl420 View Post
Cool to each their own but I just wanted to point out you left a bit of performance on the table going with the touring and may not have known about the softer sidewalls. I asked abut the drop in since it messes with the fuel trims in the older motors so I was wondering if you made any changes to your map. But after reading I can guess your car is still stock. IMO (again lol) I'd take the filter out if the car is in fact stock. I had to add fuel when I went drop in on my car. +1% is I rem correctly. Everyone love everyone
Good suggestion on the drop-in front. The car is getting a Stage I Ecutek tune in a few weeks so we'll dial out whatever the AEM drop-in and stock CBE threw off and optimize things from there.
Perscitus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #47
subyxx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 87978
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Florida/Miami
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
white

Default

subyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #48
subyxx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 87978
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Florida/Miami
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
white

Default

subyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #49
Perscitus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 378214
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Blue Hole, Belize
Vehicle:
2010 Legacy 3.6R
GGM

Default

Very nice subyxx. Saw the pics in the deleted thread.
Perscitus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #50
subyxx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 87978
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Florida/Miami
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
white

Default

subyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.