Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Bay Area Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-19-2002, 12:59 AM   #1
Rogerc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 24636
Default Thunderhill Trackday 11/23 Advice needed.

Is it still possible to sign up for the Track Day this Sat 11/23/02 at Thunderhill and who do I sign up with?

Also I have a 03 WRX sedan with 2000 miles on it. Completely stock but trying to get better tires and rims by this weekend and possibly an uppipe installed.
Is this car broken in enough for a Trackday? Are there any other items I should do to the car before going?
In another thread it was suggested to go with better brake pads.
Are they hard to install?

I am a complete beginner and just want to learn about my car and becoming a better driver. I am a 50 year old and just want to really enjoy my new car and learn how to really drive it. Will I be over my head?

Also is this event covered by most insurance companies since it is actually a driving school?

Who else is going?

Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Roger
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rogerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
mityVR6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 22460
Vehicle:
2001 VW Jetta VR6
Black

A few of us offered some ideas in the other thread about Thunderhill prep. So long as the car is broken in, all you need to do is make sure the fluids are correct and the car is solid. Don't worry about "mods" for your first event. Just go drive. You'll love it. Thunderhill is very safe and a joy to drive. I did my first and second HPDEs there and I want to go back ten more times!

Regarding insurance, the only safe answer is to tell you to talk to your agent. I was very upfront with mine and found that it would be covered under my policy. However, I would treat insurance as if every case is different and just ask your agent. If you're honest about what you'll be doing they might be more inclined to work with you on any gaps in your coverage.

Edit: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=276914

-Adam
mityVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:19 PM   #3
steveo1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20306
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
WR Blue

Roger,

I'm confused by your two posts. Are you going to Sears or Thunderhill ? If you haven't already signed up for T-hill, you're too late. Group A (novice) was already fully booked last month. A friend on clubwrx tried to get into Group B two weeks ago and that was also full. A guy on bimmerforums who was set to run his M3 with Group B posted last week that he cancelled, so that spot may be still open. I advise you to call the track:

http://www.thunderhill.com/

I'll be there, in Group C. There may be openings in Group C, but they won't let you run with the fast group your first time out. Well, more precisely, they will: you can get promoted directly from Group A to C on your first track day, I did it - but they have to at least see how you drive first. So my advice is, sign up for these things as soon as you can. There's 24 cars per group and they fill up quickly.

mityVR6 is absolutely right, T-hill is the safest track you can start out on. If you can't get in this weekend, the Z Club is running there 12/14 and I think they still have openings. PM or e-mail me if you're interested in that.
steveo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
Rogerc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 24636

I was going to sign up for Thunderhill but after looking at the distance to travel and reading the post for Sears Point I decided to sign up for Saturday at Sears Point. Group 1.
Sorry for the confusion.
Would like to thank everyone for all the input and advice.
Roger
Rogerc is offline   Reply With Quote