Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday May 3, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:23 PM   #1
DoctorNick
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7022
Vehicle:
heh, DC ITCA are
my rides

Unhappy car stalled out on me :(

car: 2002 2.5rs automatic
Used to have a proecm chip, but now a J/s 2(going turbo), cams, exaust and intake.

story of problem:
Ok, well I was driving my sister home today and my trans temp light started to blink. I had this happen before and it ended up to be a loose wire connecting the proecm chip (or so I assumed because I got the ecm chip taken out and didn't have the problem for a few months) But on my way home my light started to blink for about 1 city block as I moved over to stop the car to check out what was happening and then the CEL came on then the car stalled out and died at a light. I had to put the car in park and start it up again. I then went to get some gas at the gas station(I was very close to empty) and see what was wrong. Well I filled up a half tank and when I turned on my car I still had a CEL. Well I get the gas and leave. No cel now and no At temp light. I get about 20 minutes away at 30-40 mph and then the at light comes on. It flashes and I put the car in neutral and turn the car on and off. The light goes away and didn't come back.

Edit: ran more errands and checked the cable for my safeguard. It doesn't look to be a loose connection on that end
any ideas?
-Neal
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by DoctorNick; 12-22-2002 at 03:49 AM.
DoctorNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 08:35 AM   #2
Legacy777
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4800
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
1990 Legacy & 97 OBS
AWD 6MT EJ22T AWIC Swap

First thing.....check the codes.......something has got to be stored in there. If it's an emission code......I wouldn't worry about it. If it's something else.....I'd start at that avenue.

The T2 chip should not interface or have any affect with the tranny computer. The ECU & TCU are separate. Yes they link to each other and share data, but the functions of both & what they control are completely different.
Legacy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 02:55 PM   #3
Kucheto
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3688
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

I believe 2002 2.5rs automatic had a recall for the AT. A friend of mine got a letter in the mail and everything.
You may want to check with the dealer or something.
Kucheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 04:04 PM   #4
DoctorNick
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7022
Vehicle:
heh, DC ITCA are
my rides

nah, its not about the recall. I checked it out lastnight on my.subaru.com
DoctorNick is offline   Reply With Quote