|01-05-2003, 10:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Houston, TXVehicle:
2010 Honda Fit Sport
Cool footwork in Aussie V8 Supercars
So, I was watching the Aussie V8 race on Speed today, and they have a camera on series winner Mark Skaife's footwork.
These cars use 6-speed manuals, with standard shifter. No paddle shifters, seqeuntial shifters, etc.
These are what I find watching Skaife driving the Holden Commodore VX at Winton, Victoria.
1. Upshift - No lift in accelerator. Very quick tap on the clutch.
2. Downshift - Pretty classic heel toe. Ball of foot on brakes, heel on accelerator.
3. Pre-braking - A quick tap of the brake pedal with left foot before hard braking. I think NASCAR guys also do that on road courses.
4. Acceleration - Very gentle squeeze on the pedal through the corner and onto the straight, because of the huge horsepower of these cars.
Pretty neat stuff.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Aussie V8 Supercars = great racing||Chromer||Off-Topic||9||06-03-2006 12:16 AM|
|V8 supercars australia - on speed channel.||rex n effect||Off-Topic||3||12-17-2003 11:31 PM|
|New WRC vids, also JGTC, ALMS, Aussie V8, auto-x||GuidoThePenguin||Motorsports||4||04-23-2003 11:03 PM|
|Aussie V8 supercars on Speed||HoRo1||Motorsports||15||12-17-2002 02:12 PM|
|Australian V8 Supercar Series||WRSport||Motorsports||23||11-18-2002 02:41 PM|