Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday August 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > STi Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-07-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
MrAWD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31496
Vehicle:
2010 EVO SE
Graphite Gray

Default Day after...

Well, yesterday is behind and I managed to cool off a little bit after the announcement of the STi specs. To stay and look at the paper specs, STi should be a much better car. Also, the marketing strategy was brilliant and they hit the jackpot with it!

The fact still remains that paper performance are not that important compared to the actual performance that cars will have. Also the fact is that nobody has the information on how better or worse one car is to the another.

I still believe that both cars will handle great and they will be fun to drive. If they end up to be equal in performances, than choice will be between the price tags and personal feelings toward the manufacturers. The car looks will also be the important factor.

If STi beats the EVO pretty bad (as the paper bench wrestling duel is point to), than Mitsubishi will be in a big trouble, since for people willing to separate with $29.5 (estimated price for the big wing equipped EVO) adding an extra $2k or so, wouldn't be that hard. I do believe that most of them would actually go there and spend a bit more. But hey, that's just an old me!

If for some reason US EVO ends up better than the STi, than Subaru will be in a trouble with their cars, but for some reason I can't see this happen.

My hart is between the first two and I do expect the STi to walk over the EVO a bit, but not that much. maybe that would put both cars in the right price/performance brackets and we would all be happy!

So, when is the first comparison test scheduled?

Mr. AWD
Sponsored Links