Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 24, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
SWP408
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 361231
Vehicle:
2017 STI Limited
Crystal Black

Default Offically gone to the "dark" side of the spectrum...

Traded in my Satin White 2013 Limited WRX Hatchback for a Crystal Black 2017 STI Limited. Although I'll miss the hatchback ALOT, I'm excited to finally have gotten my STI. Also, with the color white from white to black, I've officially gone over to the "dark" side . Now just have to figure out how to deal with the swirl marks

At dealer during pickup

Old and New
SWP408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Bast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329493
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'99 RS
BDP

I think you'll find the VA chassis very appealing with the rigidity and steering rack. Our '15 STi was a blast to drive.
Bast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #3
sooper_wrx12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 415051
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX STI Limited
DGM

Congrats! The darkside is so much better. There's more power on the darkside. It's savage. Raw.

As for swirl marks, avoid those self-service carwashes with dirt-infested brushes. Now that you have an STI with a big honkin' wing on the back, you'll likely have to avoid most if not all carwashes with rotating apparati, as it'll impact the wing negatively.

Two bucket washing, look it up. Clean mits. Clean towels. Learn how to wash, dry, wax, and polish in the right hand motions. You'll be good to go. Black looks AWESOME clean!

Update: I see you're in CA. So, not much rain. You won't have to do much in terms of washing, but spraying off loose dirt and paint protection.
sooper_wrx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
Mkivmike117
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 360085
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

I just made the same change. Except into a new WRX, it definitely rides better, I miss the 2.5 though :[ congrats!
Mkivmike117 is offline   Reply With Quote