Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #8476
07wrx84
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 252195
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Da-Boonies... 801
Vehicle:
07 WFC #900
@ 451awhp-404awtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbus
So my 2.5 Week old Brand New Rota Titanium Chrome Grids has the chrome plating coming off one of the wheels. I am emailing Wheeldude immediately about this. I keep my car extremely clean and well kept. I was cleaning the vehicle today and saw a small spot. I ran my finger across it and the chrome plating began flaking off....

I have never used chemicals to clean the wheels and the residue is some wax.

Further out
I had same problem with my Tourqe's bro!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
07wrx84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #8477
Improbus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278439
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pa, USA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 4dr Stage2+
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wrx84

I had same problem with my Tourqe's bro!
Did Wheeldude replace them?
Improbus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #8478
07wrx84
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 252195
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Da-Boonies... 801
Vehicle:
07 WFC #900
@ 451awhp-404awtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbus

Did Wheeldude replace them?
Actually I ended up sellin em cuz I bought 18x10 Svn-R. But my buddy ended up PC them!
07wrx84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #8479
joel55bug
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332256
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle:
08 Impreza STI
White

Default

Wondering what sizes the MXRs and PWRs are available in 18"? Also looking for images of them on '08-'12 5 door STI's and necessary mods done to make them work! Looking for the most aggressive look without doing camber mods and rolling fenders!

Last edited by joel55bug; 09-24-2012 at 02:12 PM.
joel55bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #8480
Therealequinox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332513
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Beaumont, TX
Vehicle:
2013 STi 5-Door
DGM

Default

Going through this thread backwards because it's so damn long, trying to find a good contrast color to DGM for wheels. Looking like hyper silver
Therealequinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #8481
suby_dude
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 17397
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, CA
Vehicle:
many '02 Rex,'13 FRS
WRB, White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMer View Post
approximate weight of the RT5's 18x9.5?
Should be around 23-24lbs each. Five spoke wheels tend to be a little heavier compared to wheels with more spokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbus View Post
So my 2.5 Week old Brand New Rota Titanium Chrome Grids has the chrome plating coming off one of the wheels. I am emailing Wheeldude immediately about this. I keep my car extremely clean and well kept. I was cleaning the vehicle today and saw a small spot. I ran my finger across it and the chrome plating began flaking off....

I have never used chemicals to clean the wheels and the residue is some wax.
Hi Daniel. I just responded to your email and we will be replacing the damaged wheel. There have been a couple of issues with the Titanium Chrome finish but we are closely working with the manufacturer to resolve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel55bug View Post
Wondering what sizes the MXRs and PWRs are available in 18"? Also looking for images of them on '08-'12 5 door STI's and necessary mods done to make them work! Looking for the most aggressive look without doing camber mods and rolling fenders!
The MXR's are currently available in 18x9.5 +20 and +38. We will also be having 18x8.5 +44 in October.

The PWR's on the other hand are offered in 18x9.5 +22, +32 and +38.

If you are planning to lower the car, you can only get away with 18x8.5 +44 since you do not want to run negative camber and roll the fenders.

If you are not going to lower the car, you can run up to 18x9.5 +38.

Here's a link to our gallery for 08-12 STI's.
http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/view_ne...%20STi%2008/09
suby_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #8482
suby_dude
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 17397
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, CA
Vehicle:
many '02 Rex,'13 FRS
WRB, White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealequinox View Post
Going through this thread backwards because it's so damn long, trying to find a good contrast color to DGM for wheels. Looking like hyper silver
White looks nice on DGM.
http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/_detail...age=8580_3.jpg

If you want the car to look mean, Hyper Black is the right choice.
http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/_detail...age=5963_4.jpg

suby_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #8483
dirt and road
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293284
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Pullman WA
Vehicle:
2005 2.5 RS
grey meta

Default

So im looking into buying some SVN's from a buddy of mine for a steal but he said there 5x114.3 now i see in the picture that is has another set of holes that look to be 5x100 but there is no back spacing, there just straight through? Any idea what these are?
dirt and road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #8484
blakkboxer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 167244
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW, Tx
Vehicle:
2k3 WRX MBP
black & gold is pimpin'

Default

i need moar low


left 18x9+35, right 18x9.5 +17 linea corse
blakkboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #8485
07wrx84
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 252195
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Da-Boonies... 801
Vehicle:
07 WFC #900
@ 451awhp-404awtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkboxer
i need moar low

left 18x9+35, right 18x9.5 +17 linea corse
Ya, car on right looks good!
07wrx84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #8486
ScoobySubyDoo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329311
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PITT/Collegeville, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Satin Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruDemon View Post


WoopWoop
THIS and
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxspeed56 View Post


THIS are both SEXY! Specs on wheels for each please
ScoobySubyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #8487
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ox City
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

I have a 2013 wrx on RCE blacks. I was looking at the 18x9.5 et38 5x100 MXR, do you think I would need to roll my fenders or will it fit without modification since it is such a mild drop?
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #8488
SubaruDemon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 97460
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bellevue
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySubyDoo View Post
THIS and THIS are both SEXY! Specs on wheels for each please
Mine are 18x9.5 +38 225/40/18
SubaruDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #8489
IBLinKYI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 172067
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ATL, GA
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru WRX
Drunkmann Tuned LRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxCitywrx09 View Post
I have a 2013 wrx on RCE blacks. I was looking at the 18x9.5 et38 5x100 MXR, do you think I would need to roll my fenders or will it fit without modification since it is such a mild drop?
You'll probably want to roll the rear fenders. I have a 265/35-18 tire with no problems.


IMG_0841 by IBLinKYI, on Flickr


IMG_0798 by IBLinKYI, on Flickr
IBLinKYI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #8490
Improbus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278439
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pa, USA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 4dr Stage2+
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby_dude View Post
I just responded to your email and we will be replacing the damaged wheel. There have been a couple of issues with the Titanium Chrome finish but we are closely working with the manufacturer to resolve this.
I can only sing the praises of the Wheeldude customer service. As previously stated I had a small issue with one of my Titanium Chrome Grids. In speaking with Paolo, he got me instructions for taking pictures for the factory warranty on a Sunday night. Yes SUNDAY, his day off. He took the time to help me with my issue and got the claim filed and approved within 2 days. This level of customer service is not found in many companies and vendors these days. This will definitely make me a return customer and as soon as they get some stickers on their website, I'll get some to slap on the car during meets. Paolo, Tommy, and Zoeb are all extremely helpful and polite and helped me with my wheel selection and with all of my questions. I just wanted to say thanks again to these guys for their awesome customer service, it is very much appreciated. Thanks again guys.

Improbus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #8491
VTSubieRS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90608
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Vermont & St. Simons Georgia
Vehicle:
2005 STI, '08 3.0R
05 2.5RS, 92 Legacy L

Default

The not so popular D2's in royal gold, on my old RS. I think they were not popular as the sunken stepped lip style makes them look small.



VTSubieRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #8492
redsandsilver26
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 306032
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default



redsandsilver26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #8493
AlxSti
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 94615
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Wilmington, DE
Vehicle:
|'06 STi 341/356|
www.AffinitiBrokerage.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbus View Post
I can only sing the praises of the Wheeldude customer service. As previously stated I had a small issue with one of my Titanium Chrome Grids. In speaking with Paolo, he got me instructions for taking pictures for the factory warranty on a Sunday night. Yes SUNDAY, his day off. He took the time to help me with my issue and got the claim filed and approved within 2 days. This level of customer service is not found in many companies and vendors these days. This will definitely make me a return customer and as soon as they get some stickers on their website, I'll get some to slap on the car during meets. Paolo, Tommy, and Zoeb are all extremely helpful and polite and helped me with my wheel selection and with all of my questions. I just wanted to say thanks again to these guys for their awesome customer service, it is very much appreciated. Thanks again guys.
This is awesome. Always nice to hear about excellent customer service!
AlxSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #8494
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ox City
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLinKYI

You'll probably want to roll the rear fenders. I have a 265/35-18 tire with no problems.


IMG_0841 by IBLinKYI, on Flickr


IMG_0798 by IBLinKYI, on Flickr
What kind of suspension set up do you have ?
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #8495
GearHead20
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324571
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Two-tone Grey Metallic

Default

I need to pick me up a new set of Rotas. Paint is starting to flake...
GearHead20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #8496
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Are hyper blacks a machined face or is it some type of plate or just paint like the gun metals.. I'm stuck between gunmetal or hyperblack 18x8.5 +48 G force and want whichever is more durable as far as chip/peel resistant if that makes any sense.

FYI going on a 2013 plasma blue STI sedan.

Last edited by Siclos; 09-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #8497
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
Are hyper blacks a machined face or is it some type of plate or just paint like the gun metals.. I'm stuck between gunmetal or hyperblack 18x8.5 +48 G force and want whichever is more durable as far as chip/peel resistant if that makes any sense.

FYI going on a 2013 plasma blue STI sedan.
Not sure which is more durable but in the event it does chip, you can't order touch-up paint for hyperblack because of its "complicated multi-layered painting process" as noted on WheelDude's website.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #8498
VTSubieRS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90608
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Vermont & St. Simons Georgia
Vehicle:
2005 STI, '08 3.0R
05 2.5RS, 92 Legacy L

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsandsilver26 View Post


Does this car have a lift? are these 16s?

i'm guessing they are 17s...
I just said this on another thread that had a GR chassis with 17s. they look so small!! they look good, just looks like a lot of wheel gap and space to fill
VTSubieRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #8499
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSubieRS

Does this car have a lift? are these 16s?

i'm guessing they are 17s...
I just said this on another thread that had a GR chassis with 17s. they look so small!! they look good, just looks like a lot of wheel gap and space to fill
17's on stock suspension.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #8500
wrxspeed56
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207065
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
instagram @wrxspeed56

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySubyDoo View Post


THIS are both SEXY! Specs on wheels for each please
Mine are 18x9.5 +22 with 255/35
wrxspeed56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deleting the weapon thread.. and the whining thread about me locking it is even lamer Fish Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 14 07-01-2010 01:29 PM
Titanium-Chrome Rota Thread? Ghomer1 Member's Car Gallery 25 07-29-2006 03:31 PM
Closed ROTA Thread MrDisibility Tire & Wheel 85 04-12-2004 10:05 AM
Official Rota thread Nicklbrso Member's Car Gallery 5 10-28-2003 12:34 AM
The official Rota Thread jhong567 Member's Car Gallery 0 04-25-2003 06:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.