Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Trenda22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332116
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Silver

Default Hands free sound like crap... HELP?

I have the Kenwood DDX419 in my 08' STI. Love it till I have to make a call... When using the hands free bluetooth everyone says I sound like i am in a barrel and they hear a bad echo. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this? I tried turning the vol down on my phone but still does it. Any feedback would be great! Thanks guys!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Trenda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
ptak
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 355012
Vehicle:
2013 STI sedan
OBP

Where is the mic placed? Could it be picking up sound waves from road or wind noise? Is it tucked away in a corner/enclosed space (under the cluster Hood) or in an open area (I.e. rear view mirror)?
ptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
Trenda22
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptak View Post
Where is the mic placed? Could it be picking up sound waves from road or wind noise? Is it tucked away in a corner/enclosed space (under the cluster Hood) or in an open area (I.e. rear view mirror)?
It is placed up on the head liner by the rear view mirror..
Old 05-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
Trenda22
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Silver

Anyone? I am up to date on the updates as well..
Old 05-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
Jordanu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308298
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i
Silver

Keep in mind my vehicle is an 07. But i have mine just to the right of the clock pod almost to the edge of the dash, the only complaints people speak of is when i am cruising at a decent clip and my windows are down (45mph +).. Might want to give that a shot, as maybe being on the headliner it is picking up sound from the windshield?
Jordanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #6
Trenda22
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanu View Post
Keep in mind my vehicle is an 07. But i have mine just to the right of the clock pod almost to the edge of the dash, the only complaints people speak of is when i am cruising at a decent clip and my windows are down (45mph +).. Might want to give that a shot, as maybe being on the headliner it is picking up sound from the windshield?
Yeah. Having it moved down might help. I will look into what that would take. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
Jordanu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308298
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i
Silver

Should not take much effort at all.. I know my b/t mic has about 9 ft of cable, so it would just be working the cable down and tucking within the Dash. If it is an Aftermarket Radio, then the Mic, should unplug from the rear of the radio and you can pull it through the opening of where the mic is placed now and then just remount and tuck
Jordanu is offline   Reply With Quote