Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:08 PM   #1
tuffsubaru
Visiting NASIOC Timeout

Member#: 32624
Vehicle:
1990 Loyale w/3"Lift
30x9.0R15, locked VLSD

Default ea81 a style bumper to ea82....

i know this isnt an impreza car.....

but ive managed to figure out a way to add the ea81 a-style pushbar onto an ea82....

but... it would require the removal of the anti-sway bar up front and all the brackets...

would this be an ok idea if it were an offroad vehicle only? im not sure of what the effects of removing a front sway bar, but im guessing it could be a bad thing when faced with 65+ mph...

keep in mind, this is a 100% offroad subaru, it will NEVER see 65+ mph again, unless i get real drunk

oh yeah, the engine crossmember mounts are about 2 inches wider on each side, so the ea81 a-bar has to be "BFH'd" a little wider to fit the ea82 subframe and crossmember location
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tuffsubaru is offline   Reply With Quote