Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday November 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Bay Area Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-02-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
CupertinoSteve
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12566
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Silver - Vishnu Stage 2+

Talking BAIC Dyno Day Comments and Results

Hi All,
I'm glad everyone got to drive home in their own cars and we had "Zero" issues with the crazy biker guy and the police. Well we started off the day a little later than planned (originally 10AM, but got delayed to 10:30AM). We were running cars all the way until the "cows come home", after chewing their cud ... that equates to a little after 1AM.

Thanks to everyone for killing all 4 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts (we should see a rise in their stocks on monday) and for mutilating over 16 large pizza (not including 2 gallons of OJ, 1/2 gallon of milk and 20 liters of soda ... woohoo).

For those who weren't there, we got to see an incredibly beautiful body kit on Suby_Dude's car, another immaculate RS/WRX conversion from the i-speed folks, the dirtiest WRX (from a guy who's been rallying since '77) and enjoyed the great company of the local subaru community.

I want to thank those who were getting Dyno Baselines, Reflashes and Test Drives for their incredible patience. As we all found out, Shiv seems to be a perfectionist ... he gave each Dyno Tuned car all the time it needed to provide a smooth, well tuned reflash. To those guys who I accidently told to remove their kickplates ... uh, its your fault for listening to me. j/k

With that said, I would like to give a few "virtual" awards to some serious standouts -

Iron-Man Endurance Award - goes to SVREX, who followed me from Mountain View and was here unwaveringly until his car got tuned/reflashed and finished up at 11:30PM.

Long-Haul Award - is split between Dee and Bo ... who both came here from Santa Cruz, dyno'd, when back to Santa Cruz, picked up another car, dyno'd ... and then went home. (a fund has been established to help pay for the gas used on these trips ... donations will be tax deductible).

Last-Man Standing Award - goes to msun2000, who was here most of the day, went back to the 650 area code, came back and was the last tune of the day ... finishing up a little after 12:30AM (Sunday?).

Last and Certainly not Least Award - to Shiv, Ken and Brett of Vishnu for letting us host it at their place and to Shiv (who is not war injured veteran - you can ask him why ) for his dedication for squeezing the most and safest power possible.

If anyone has anything else to say ... this is the thread to do it in (so I don't have to read through as many links).

Thanks again ... and I'm hoping to do a South Bay BBQ at a local park (possibly hosted by an award winning Texas BBQ grillmaster - details to come ... and as soon as it get seriously warmer).

Steve
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CupertinoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
CupertinoSteve
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12566
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Silver - Vishnu Stage 2+

Oh, I almost forgot those results ... to keep those who want to be anonymous, the reflashers (who will not named) netted gains of over 300 peak whp and a gross amount more of usuable power and all reported near stock smooth driveability. With regards to torque, peak torque gains for the day were a little over 290 ft.lbs, which was reported to come on much earlier and have less a lot less of a falloff at high rpms.

I will let those subie brother speak for themselves (not to mention, I don't have any of the dyno plots ... this was all gathered from the charts that I saw when I left and after sucking in a day's work of exhaust and being incredibly tired) - if the reported gains are more, so be it ... I just know that subies gained at least this much power on the BAIC dyno day.

Steve
CupertinoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 02:44 AM   #3
Deeman81
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 25395
Vehicle:
2003 WRX

Thanks Steve for the great setup, and also to the guys at Vishnu. I had a awsome time even with the two trips back from santa cruz. Hope we can do it again.
Dee
Deeman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #4
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 26933
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Let's all thank the staff of Vishnu for their great hospitality and Steve for working to arrange this. Great job guys!

Thanks
-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
msun2000
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 18706
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

Thanks Steve and Shiv for bearing with all my requests, and the "spirited" test drive......
msun2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #6
wombatsauce
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31550
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WorldRallyDirt

Default Seriously...

A BIG thanks - it was great to meet everyone. I really appreciated the personal details and such Shiv put into each car. Everyone was great, lotsa nice cars and a Bimmer that could use some Turtle Wax and a few band-aids.

Do we get an award for non-subie people we brought? I brought 4. Anyway, great time - nice cars (and a surprise supernice AE86, wasn't even expecting that - sweet car mang).

I am very impressed with Vishnu - my car is WAY more fun to drive, as well as being easier.

-Jacob
wombatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote