Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > STi Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
STi INGER
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33468
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi (soon)
Black

Angry Dealerships in the Northwest not taking deposits?!?

I just called all the dealerships in Portland, Vancouver and even some in Central Oregon. Not one offered for me to get on a waiting list, with a dep. or otherwise, and all of them stated that they will be selling them for 4k or more over the MSRP.

If there is anyone within this area that has had any better luck, let me know.

One thing that the one dealer was pretty sure about is the fact the Subaru will be producing about 6000 cars for the 3000 dealers. That kinda makes me alittle nervous.

Also, the dealers said that all of them will be fully loaded. I don't want a fully loaded one. I don't need the stereo. I know that they have to make one without the stereo, so why is it so hard to get one?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
Eurowrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 25520
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Rally Blue

You might drive to bob Stone Subaru in The Dalles. They were
happy to take my $500.oo to be first on the list. As of last week,
I was still the only one.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
boostedgst
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 27356
Vehicle:
2006 Evo 9 MR
Tuned by Shiv

Default Auburn Subaru

Call up Auburn Subaru @ 253-737-1345

They should hook you up.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:35 PM   #4
Jon [in CT]
*** Banned ***

Member#: 2992
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default Re: Dealerships in the Northwest not taking deposits?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by STi INGER
One thing that the one dealer was pretty sure about is the fact the Subaru will be producing about 6000 cars for the 3000 dealers. That kinda makes me alittle nervous.
Given that there are about 600 Subaru dealerships nationwide, it strikes me as ironic that the above misinformation was the only thing he was pretty sure about.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:42 PM   #5
StealthWagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 30823
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Blue/Gold

I'm first on the list in Bellingham, WA
Dewey Griffin Subaru, $500 down
I believe there are only a few people on the list

Carter Subaru in Seattle is taking deposits, MSRP guaranteed! If you dont mind waiting, (there are 35+ on the list), they'll give you the best deal.

Good luck!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:51 AM   #6
STi INGER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi (soon)
Black

Thanks for the suggestions but, can we see if south west WA or Northwest OR have anything else to offer.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
kage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 25101
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Vehicle:
2002 PSM WRX Wagon
1999 Twilight Blue Miata

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthWagon
I'm first on the list in Bellingham, WA
Dewey Griffin Subaru, $500 down
I believe there are only a few people on the list

Carter Subaru in Seattle is taking deposits, MSRP guaranteed! If you dont mind waiting, (there are 35+ on the list), they'll give you the best deal.

Good luck!
How much will Dewey Griffin be jacking up the price though? Last time I test drove a WRX (late 2002), they still had a $3000 market adjustment on it. This was at a time when most dealerships were selling for just above invoice.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:04 PM   #8
StealthWagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 30823
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Blue/Gold

I've been doing business with them for quite some time, and I got my WRX for an excellent price. I was told they put an $1800 mark up on all new models. I told them that Carter in Seattle was selling for MSRP guaranteed, they told me to come in and we'll talk. I'll let you know what kind of deal we end up with.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:27 PM   #9
velociremter
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1150
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Definately check out Bob Stone. I bought my RS through Autobytel and they were the local dealership. They delivered the car to me in Beaverton a couple days later. If you know what you want, it's definately an option.

Matthew
Old 03-05-2003, 03:38 AM   #10
STi INGER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi (soon)
Black

Auburn Subaru said I would be 7th on the list and they will be selling it for 2000 + MSRP.

Not what I consider "Hooked up". But thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #11
speedlimit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33640

Hi,

Geez….. you guys have it made. I am the number 1 deposit at a Pennsylvania dealership where my salesman and the sales manager are both Texas expatriates. They eat lunch together and use hot sauce that requires a signed waiver on their salads. I stated I am only interested in MSRP and they both swallowed, looked at me and said in unison ….. “We’ll do right by ya”. It will probably be the gross national product of Brazil as an opening offer.

Speedlimit……