Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-20-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
eastcoastbumps
Scooby Guru

Member#: 29201
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
BMW M3
Honda S2000x2

Default Feeler: 95 Impreza L

Yesterday my brother bottomed out his car and the airbags went off. They busted the windshild and there are some scuffs on the bottom of the bumper. He might buy it back from the insurance if they total it.

Its a 2WD 1.8 auto with a new transmission and 205,000 miles. Im curious if anyone would consider buying it. It might make a cheap rally car or beater.

Any takers?

Pete
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
eastcoastbumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
Fish
RIP Sirkbac

Member#: 869
Vehicle:
1987 GPZ-750 TURBO
90' MX-5/11' DGM STi Sdn

How much?
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:15 AM   #3
eastcoastbumps
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
BMW M3
Honda S2000x2

Well the insurance thing hasn't been cleaned up yet. Lets just say that hes taking offers. If he gets an offer over what the buy-back price is, he'll sell it to the high bidder.

I remember seeing Clegg's 2.5RS (the one that fell through the ice in the mid-west) up for sale before he settled with the insurance co. He never got a serious offer but the buy back was rediculusly low. I think it was $1500. I paid $11K for my flood damaged GTi last spring and it was in just as deep as his RS. I was upset when I saw how cheap the buy back is on a wrecked car.

I'd hate to see this car go to the scrap yard considering it starts up every time and has never failed in getting anyone where they want to go.

There are a few problems with it though. And it does have 200K on the clock, most of which are teenager miles.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #4
Siper2
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Silver

If ONLY I had a couple grand lying around...
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #5
Keith
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 191
Vehicle:
2012 J train
Brown

I might be interested.
when u get a solid price, let me know.
Keith
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 01:19 AM   #6
eastcoastbumps
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
BMW M3
Honda S2000x2

Quote:
Originally posted by Siper2
If ONLY I had a couple grand lying around...
We'll start the bidding at a couple grand then! jk

The car was more of a family car than my brothers. It has quite a bit of wear on it. Its gone 205,000 miles, as I mentioned before. I was hoping that we could get about $800 for it. Any car that runs is worth $1000 right? It would take about $1500 to get the car into good condition. The seats and doors show the mileage. The engine runs rough every once in a while. Now it needs airbags and a windsheild.

My parents just paid $1700 for the new transmission and would like to recoup some of that money.

They have reported it to the insurance co. but may not claim due to the value of the car, the decutable, and how much extra my brother will pay a year with added points. They are considering it a collision even though it was a dip in the road that caused the bags to deploy.

I'll try and post pictures tomorrow.

Pete