Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #1251
tom@kartboy
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (60)
 
Member#: 67
Join Date: Jul 1999
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
1999 Outlasting
the competition.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyK1371
All you had to do was do a search and you would have known the real deal with those guys. Hell they even ripped of Tom @ Kartboy and I know Tom, he's a real stand up guy.

Werd!

What were you looking to buy? There are a ton of honest vendors here that will be more than happy to help you out.

Tom
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tom@kartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #1252
turbokill
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 44126
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: ER
Vehicle:
2005 LGT WGN Stage2
ABP SOLD!

Default

I recall having a very difficult time ordering a Kartboy shift knob from vivid about 3 years ago.
turbokill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:38 AM   #1253
AZ-GT
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 192
Join Date: Aug 1999
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Vivid sucketh !!
AZ-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 AM   #1254
reconracer
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (13)
 
Member#: 86279
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
04 WRX
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXAK
I'm sick of seeing these jerks cars in magazines then. We work hard every day just to slap a couple more parts on our cars, and keep our wife and kids fed. (in that order) And then these big name guys just trash us. Its so much worse for us in Alaska too, because we get the typical (Idiot alaskan) treatment. There are lots of sick cars up here, and tuners who know what they are doing, but nobody gets respect from these parts distribution places. I hope they monitor this board, and others because I will never stop flaming them as long as I live.
Hey jeremiah did you at least get your money back, that sucks anyway you see it getting scammed try jscspeed.com next time those guys are on it. or try me and i'll rip you off with a smile and feed you a line of crap. and i know you were referring to my ride in your post
reconracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 AM   #1255
my02wrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)
 
Member#: 15972
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
Blue

Default

You must have been living on a desert island if you didn't know about Vivid's horror stories.

Funny how you find this thread after the transaction goes bad.

Good luck in the future.
my02wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 AM   #1256
WRXAK
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 85213
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
VF-22

Default

Actually I didn't find this thread. I started one and it got merged. I used them because I had in the past, and it went fine. Not this time though. I never actually paid them I think (check with cc tomorrow). Steve I was reffering to your car when I said "sick" How's it running now? I wasn't reffering to me when I said "tuners who know what they're doing"
WRXAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:44 AM   #1257
shicane
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (18)
 
Member#: 70456
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: so cal
Vehicle:
07 335i
alpine white

Default

funny how vivid are so hated here.... yet they are doing well in evo's forum..evolutionm.net... . lols.. ..
shicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 AM   #1258
KC
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: SE Mass/RI
Vehicle:
2013 Crosstrek XV
00 Honda S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicane
funny how vivid are so hated here.... yet they are doing well in evo's forum..evolutionm.net... . lols.. ..
Because Vivid moderates the Vivid forum (and deletes bad press), and bad vendor reviews get deleted from other forums there because they belong in that vendors forum. And people bash this place for nick bendong over backwards for vendors.... that place just reeks or vendor favoratism.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #1259
KC
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: SE Mass/RI
Vehicle:
2013 Crosstrek XV
00 Honda S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my02wrx
You must have been living on a desert island if you didn't know about Vivid's horror stories.
Or in the fronzen tunda of Alas..... oh.. wait.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #1260
GReddy_Ready
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 65037
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Pearl Blue

Default

So if Vivid is considered a "non-registered vendor" on this site. I assume that means they were once "registered" but have since been removed by this sites admins. for whatever reason. Then why are people still able to post in this thread, good or bad? Why does this thread even exsist anymore? It appears to me that this sites admins. actually enjoys keeping the thread open.

Kinda like kidnapping the playground bully so he doesn't beat anyone else up. Then tying him up to a whipping post and letting everyone beat him up. With no recourse to defend himself. Almost as cowardly as the French IMO.

If you really have "banned" Vivid from doing business on this site why not just remove all references to them? Oh wait, that would be the right thing to do, I'm sorry, forgot where I was.

Here's my take on the "big 3' in Phx.

Kingpin= D-
Vivid= B+
Dyno-Comp= B

Having spent over $35K between all 3 places I think I may be somewhat qualified to grade these guys based on the services I've received. But remember, that's just my experiences, yours may differ.
GReddy_Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #1261
ButtDyno
Street's closed, pizza boy
Member Sales Rating: (27)
 
Member#: 17301
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Why do they always say the Evo
Vehicle:
is the "dark side"
06 Evo #7 STU, 03 IS300

Default

Why not remove all references?

How about, so that their history lives on?

They are still ripping people off, after a history of ripping NASIOC people off. This way, someone can just link to this thread, and get the entire story.

john
ButtDyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #1262
Snitt
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 36361
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Canton, Ohio
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Cobb Stg II
WR Blue

Default

Read through the thread, and you will see the horror stories. Then you will be able to make an informed post without coming across as an ass. If you HAVE read through the whole thread, then I have some nice oceanfront property in Idaho that I'd like to sell you the next time you're throwing around your money.
Snitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #1263
North Ursalia
Miss You Mom
Oct 1940 - Feb 2008

Super Moderator
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 809
Join Date: Jan 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NH, Land Of Many Trees
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS, '14 For
92 5MT SVX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready
So if Vivid is considered a "non-registered vendor" on this site. I assume that means they were once "registered" but have since been removed by this sites admins. for whatever reason. Then why are people still able to post in this thread, good or bad? Why does this thread even exsist anymore? It appears to me that this sites admins. actually enjoys keeping the thread open.
It has nothing to do with enjoyment and everything to do with information. Non-registered vendors are also able to be reviewed, as not every vendor who sells products for these cars is registered on this site.


Brian

North Ursalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #1264
blinguskahn
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 39301
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: The Haystack
Vehicle:
STi 05 8cm FPRed
WRX 06 Blue FP20G

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready

Kingpin= D-
You know I have noticed this as well. These guys are LIARS. Its amazing the following they have here on nasioc and how they get up and post stuff like their word is the word of "the almighty".

My buddy ordered 12K worth of parts from them and all they did was LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE.

I even ordered a "dual fuel pump kit" from them and got 2 walbros. No Y fittings, no hoses, no nothing. F|_|C|< Kingpin.
blinguskahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #1265
reconracer
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (13)
 
Member#: 86279
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
04 WRX
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXAK
Actually I didn't find this thread. I started one and it got merged. I used them because I had in the past, and it went fine. Not this time though. I never actually paid them I think (check with cc tomorrow). Steve I was reffering to your car when I said "sick" How's it running now? I wasn't reffering to me when I said "tuners who know what they're doing"

yeah the rex is still sick has a mild cough and a hurt belly, well today is wednesday and i will be pulling her out of the chaz paint shop and over to the autocraft to play doctor. saturday we all can meet up at hoitts around 930-1000 and do whatever. and i knew you werent referring to yourself as a tuner just messing with ya
reconracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #1266
GReddy_Ready
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 65037
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Pearl Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Ursalia
It has nothing to do with enjoyment and everything to do with information. Non-registered vendors are also able to be reviewed, as not every vendor who sells products for these cars is registered on this site.


Brian

Information, umm...Ok, whatever you say.

Kinda like the airbag resistor fix thread the other day. That thread really snowballed into a big mess for a while. Over a $10 order. The vendor literally had to spends hours on here doing damage control just to keep in good faith with the forum members. All because of some "information" that some member posted. There is a difference between information, misleading information, misinformation and the basic forum rants seen here.
IMO if you don't have photos,email trails or video to back your words, it didn't happen.
GReddy_Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #1267
hippy
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 36528
Join Date: May 2003
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza Wrx
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready
.....If you really have "banned" Vivid from doing business on this site why not just remove all references to them? Oh wait, that would be the right thing to do, I'm sorry, forgot where I was. ....
Like was said above, people come here for information. Leaving stuff like this up helps people decide where are good places to spend their hard earned money, and where might not be. If I was ordering parts from vivid(or any place like it), I'd like to be informed first. I might still get stuff from them, but at least I'd know what other people went through to know what to expect. I'm not saying you shouldn't get stuff from vivid, especially since 99.9% of the problems people had were with out of state orders(and you're obviously closer to vivid then 99.9% of their customers), but there's something to be said about not supporting a company which will only be nice and not screw ya over when you're there in person. This should be especially considered since most of their clients are(or were) probably from out of state.

I know you had some problems with kingpin, and that obviously sucks for you. Imo though, that fact doesn't make vivid any more attractive......

peace
hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:36 PM   #1268
speedblind
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 42202
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready
Information, umm...Ok, whatever you say.

Kinda like the airbag resistor fix thread the other day. That thread really snowballed into a big mess for a while. Over a $10 order. The vendor literally had to spends hours on here doing damage control just to keep in good faith with the forum members. All because of some "information" that some member posted. There is a difference between information, misleading information, misinformation and the basic forum rants seen here.
IMO if you don't have photos,email trails or video to back your words, it didn't happen.
You obviously haven't read the thread, so I'll do you the favor and inform you that e-mails and AIM conversations have been posted. If you're happy with Vivid, that's great. Many are, but many others also had a lot of unnecessary problems with them in the past. Those stories/e-mails/etc. deserve to be available for people that are new to the car and to the forums. Put it this way: if Kingpin left the forum, would you want your posts erased? No? Thought not.

And I still fail to see the correlation between Vivid and Kingpin, yet every post of yours mentions them together. It's becoming readily apparent that your sole intention for posting is to slam Kingpin. That's fine, and that's your opinion, but it doesn't really belong in the Vivid Racing Vendor Review thread. If you want more attention, start your own thread. If you have more information to share, start your own thread. Otherwise, try to keep this one on track.
speedblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #1269
hippy
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 36528
Join Date: May 2003
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza Wrx
Silver

Default

Just posted on wrxhackers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTRex
I refuse to do business with them ever again after they charged me $25 shipping (to APO/FPO) even though my web order said $7.95.....I called them on it and the answer I got was "handling charge" so screw them......:-x
hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #1270
GReddy_Ready
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 65037
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Pearl Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedblind
You obviously haven't read the thread, so I'll do you the favor and inform you that e-mails and AIM conversations have been posted. If you're happy with Vivid, that's great. Many are, but many others also had a lot of unnecessary problems with them in the past. Those stories/e-mails/etc. deserve to be available for people that are new to the car and to the forums. Put it this way: if Kingpin left the forum, would you want your posts erased? No? Thought not.

And I still fail to see the correlation between Vivid and Kingpin, yet every post of yours mentions them together. It's becoming readily apparent that your sole intention for posting is to slam Kingpin. That's fine, and that's your opinion, but it doesn't really belong in the Vivid Racing Vendor Review thread. If you want more attention, start your own thread. If you have more information to share, start your own thread. Otherwise, try to keep this one on track.
There is no correlation between KP & Vivid, they are 2 seperate businesses. I'm all for deleting the entire review section, for all vendors, even Kingpin. It is too suseptable to bias. 95% of the "information" posted is hearsay, immaturity, one sided stories or just flat out lies. Like I said, if you don't have pics, an email trail (2 way) or video of your supposed problems with a vendor then keep it out of the forums. Maybe the moderators should screen and verify the "reviews" validity before posting them for the entire world to see.

As for Kingpin vs Vivid vs Dyno-Comp, I'm not for or against any one garage. I have dealt with these 3 here in Phx that cater to Subarus. I have posted honest and accurate reviews for all 3 of them. Some with email trails, some with pics. But yes, I have my favorites, only after allowing all 3 to work on my car. If you feel, after reading my posts, that you know who I prefer and whom I would never do business again with, good. I still deal with 2 of the 3 and I don't have a preference on those 2, it all boils down to what service I am seeking, price and of course, delivery. I make my choices based on real life encounters with these businesses, not by what I read in this forum. Vendor review forums play absolutely no role in who I choose to do business with.


So since this is the "non-registered" Vivid review thread and I have somewhat sidetracked it. Let me give my review of Vivid.

I have made 2 purchases from them. One for $289 and one for over $9600. Both transactions went as expected. I got what I paid for, the services was good, they kept me up to date on the progress of my orders and they did a good job with the labor. I'm happy. I also ordered some additional stuff from Dyno-Comp the very next day after I picked up my car from Vivid. Additional stuff that Vivid could have just as easily got for me. But, like I said I am not biased to use just Vivid, I have freedom of choice & excercise it any chance I get.
GReddy_Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #1271
AZ-GT
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 192
Join Date: Aug 1999
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Maybe your ready access to the Maricopa County Attorney, the State Attorney General, etc get's you a square deal.

I met Dan when Vivid was cellphones, not cars. He struck me as dishonest then and has done nothing to change my opinon in the last 5-6 years. Ther fact that hundreds if not over a thousand can testify to the same thing makes your diatribe 'one man's opinion.' For what it's worth I concur with the rest of your assessment of Phoenix area Subaru tuners/shops.
AZ-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #1272
North Ursalia
Miss You Mom
Oct 1940 - Feb 2008

Super Moderator
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 809
Join Date: Jan 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NH, Land Of Many Trees
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS, '14 For
92 5MT SVX

Default

The problem with removing the vendor review forum is that when people get screwed, they ask why NASIOC did nothing to protect them. Not that it's our job to do that, but it at least gives members a place to voice their opinions, which is all this forum comes down to. It's just like feedback on eBay- susceptible to tampering, but good as a general barometer. If I took any amount of money of yours and didn't ship you what you paid for, and then just ignored every email you sent, where would the first place you would voice your displeasure likely be? The forums I would wager. This forum is no different than you posting something like that, other than the fact that it is in one centralized place. If these review forums are not up to your standards, you are most welcome to come up with a better system, implement it, and monitor it. Until then, this is what we have .


Brian

North Ursalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:33 AM   #1273
Rickyh
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 40453
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Default

dude, go get you some pom poms and become the official vivid cheerleader.
Rickyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #1274
taino211
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 39347
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready
As for Kingpin vs Vivid vs Dyno-Comp, I'm not for or against any one garage. I have dealt with these 3 here in Phx that cater to Subarus. I have posted honest and accurate reviews for all 3 of them. Some with email trails, some with pics. But yes, I have my favorites, only after allowing all 3 to work on my car. If you feel, after reading my posts, that you know who I prefer and whom I would never do business again with, good. I still deal with 2 of the 3 and I don't have a preference on those 2, it all boils down to what service I am seeking, price and of course, delivery. I make my choices based on real life encounters with these businesses, not by what I read in this forum. Vendor review forums play absolutely no role in who I choose to do business with.
That's the whole point. You have the LUXURY to deal with these guys IN PERSON. As hippy already said, it seems like 99% of the people who they have problems with are out of state. When I placed my order, everything was fine and dandy. Little did I know that I'd still be waiting for my product close to 2 months later after failed promises, week after week. And not only that, they don't charge your credit card when the product ships; they charge it immediately when you place your order. I felt like I was a babysitter having to keep tabs on these guys week after week to check on the status of my order because they never initiated any order status back to me.

It's a whole different ball game if I can just drive down to Vivid's place and talk to the guys in person. That way they'd have that added pressure to satisfy the customer that is standing right in front of them. I mean, have you read Dan's unprofessional and immature e-mails that he has sent to his customers? Not a way to run an ethical business, if you ask me.

I say if you live in the greater Phoenix area, maybe they aren't such a bad shop. But 99% of us don't.

Last edited by taino211; 08-11-2005 at 09:08 AM.
taino211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #1275
TheWRX
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 10279
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Vehicle:
2005 Lotus Elise
Yellow, #94 SS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready
I'm all for deleting the entire review section, for all vendors
I have always found the Vendor Review section to be very useful. Of course you have to apply your personal filter, like with everything else you read on the internet. It still gave me valuable information that I considered for choosing vendors that I wanted to buy from. And overall, my experience with vendors has been excellent.
TheWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kingpin Performance (unregistered vendor: please read the whole thread) memphisjames Vendor Reviews 2804 07-25-2010 05:55 PM
Immigration Reform - where can I read the whole thing? INFIDEL Political Playground 3 05-18-2006 12:00 AM
Read the whole thread.... WRX02WRB Off-Topic 21 07-27-2005 05:47 PM
Someone please explain the whole "digital lifestyle" thing to me... WHTWRX Off-Topic 14 10-20-2004 04:47 PM
This is why you should read the WHOLE story sonicblue Off-Topic 2 06-04-2004 12:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.