Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-01-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
buraddo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 27218
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza 2.5RS
WRB

Default E-manage on 98RS

I've searched and searched, but I have yet to see anyone try it on a 98RS. BOY has it on his 99RS with good luck according to him. I know that there are difference between the 98 and 99 ECUs (according to LINK the 98RS requires a special ECU). It's a wire in system right? So is it just a matter of finding the right wires? I know it won't be that easy, but to make the connections, that it isn't it?

What would be a better option for a 98RS? 6psi turbo in the coming months, nothing now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
buraddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:50 PM   #2
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

well the 98 and 99 RS are much close than say a 98 and a 2000

i don't know of any thing other than the pin out that would be differnt than boy's setup
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #3
combatzx2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92953
Vehicle:
1998 2.5RS w/EJ20G
black

i did it on a 98 rs using a 92 legacy turbo setup, non-intercooled, and never got it tuned right, swapped in and wired for OBD2 a 89-92 ej20 w/ AWIC, i pulled 8 degrees of timing using the greddy pressure sensor as the scale, and pulled 30% of airflow. use the boost limiter cut feature to cap the MAF sensor voltage at about 4.8 volts. i have a tdo5 on the engine and the intercooler is just still water 'cause i don't have the water pump for it (it would be stupid to run it of the engine coolant). i have 440cc injectors and with all that stupid looking setup i run 9 psi all the time and was running 11.7 all last week, running pig rich.
combatzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote